2018 Coupe de Printemps | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018 Coupe de Printemps

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Boogie Bond from Majorov, haha. The 2nd part of the program was fun :) Popped quad, weird fall after 3A and a bit kooky landing or two, but otherwise the jumps were high and nice!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists! Does that mean Sota is actually 5th, despite the mistakes? That would be amazing. I felt so sad as I watched him struggle in the FS and sit dejectedly in the KnC. I do hope his foot is OK, he seemed to be clutching his leg when sitting there.
Does anyone know who gets to be in the gala? Hopefully they'll stream it too...

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Congrats to the medalists! Does that mean Sota is actually 5th, despite the mistakes?

If I heard the pacements correctly, yes. The placements should be:
Majorov
Tomono
Ponsart
Sato
Yamamoto
Hayrapetyan

Hopefully the official scoreboard will be updates soon...

ETA: Jack Gallagher tweeted the scores for the Japanese men (https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/975396395065618432) and yep, Sota placed 5th :)

surimi

Record Breaker
If I heard the pacements correctly, yes. The placements should be:
Majorov
Tomono
Ponsart
Sato
Yamamoto
Hayrapetyan

Hopefully the official scoreboard will be updates soon...

ETA: Jack Gallagher tweeted the scores for the Japanese men (https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/975396395065618432) and yep, Sota placed 5th :)

That's great. And now I see Sota listed in the gala list on the main page. Excuse me while I blink these tears of sentiment back... Not kidding, seriously. I was watching men with my mum, and she keeps freaking out over Sota's last fall and what if he got re-injured... The moment I see him skate the gala, I'll know peace again. :laugh:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Just caught the results. Too bad Sota’s skate didn’t go very well, but a 5th place finish is still good for someone who’s been out for so long. I hope he’s taking it easy and not trying to rush too fast.
Finishing 2nd is a good outing for Tomono! Once he gets a stabilized 4S, he’ll be even more interesting to watch! :)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Rough skate for Sota but 5th overall is not bad at all. This is encouraging. Hope that he will get many challengers next season.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
4 jump combo from Mai again, show them Mai!! love the twizzle part too!

surimi

Record Breaker
lol what is the bet or inside joke that the Team Japan members had going on at the gala, I wonder. Hiroaki wearing Kazuki's costume, Kaori Mai's, Sota Hiroaki's... lol

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
lol what is the bet or inside joke that the Team Japan members had going on at the gala, I wonder. Hiroaki wearing Kazuki's costume, Kaori Mai's, Sota Hiroaki's... lol

What!! I can't watch!

Plumededragon

Medalist
Ok, I wanted to see Sota’s EX, but with this... where are the videos? :laugh:

Szeptuszka

On the Ice
Ok, I wanted to see Sota’s EX, but with this... where are the videos? :laugh:

The gala performances are at the end of this stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RClXM0Ocdo8

Hiroaki and Kazuki were indeed wearing each other's FS costumes, but Kaori's dress was actually her own, it's just really similar to Mai's Libertango dress (but Mai's has fully black skirt with upper part made of strings/tassels/whathever it's called, while Kaori's is half blue with no tassel-y part :) ).

surimi

Record Breaker
The gala performances are at the end of this stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RClXM0Ocdo8

Hiroaki and Kazuki were indeed wearing each other's FS costumes, but Kaori's dress was actually her own, it's just really similar to Mai's Libertango dress (but Mai's has fully black skirt with upper part made of strings/tassels/whathever it's called, while Kaori's is half blue with no tassel-y part :) ).

I stand corrected re. Kaori's costume, but Kazuki wasn't wearing Hiroaki's costume, that was Sota. Kazuki had his own, I remember that program and that costume. :)