Weiss Joins SOI as Guest Skater | Golden Skate

Weiss Joins SOI as Guest Skater

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I see that San Diego is on the tour schedule! I can't wait to get my tickets! Who else is going? JohnnyCoop? dlkk?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Is the 2005 tour schedule up already? I'm hoping that they'll be back at the Savemart Center in Fresno............42

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Philly & Trenton for us! YAY!

I don't dislike Michael, but I hope he won't do any "cheesy" programs like he's done in the last few COI tours. I like his more "serious" programs ( the "Beethoven" one from 1997/1998, "On The Waterfront," "Mulan", the "Santana" one, & "The Lord's Prayer").

iluvtodd said:
Philly & Trenton for us! YAY!

I don't dislike Michael, but I hope he won't do any "cheesy" programs like he's done in the last few COI tours. I like his more "serious" programs ( the "Beethoven" one from 1997/1998, "On The Waterfront," "Mulan", the "Santana" one, & "The Lord's Prayer").

I think SOI has a resident choreographer. I've never seen the show live. I've never been overwhelmed with Michael's programs and imo, I think it was due to the choreography. Maybe with the show's programming, we will see a different Michael. I would look forward to that. Also this post explains why he is not in Campbells.

Joe

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Joe, I don´t think that Christopher Dean is creating choreography for the skaters in SOI. Maybe for someone, but not for all. For Ilia Kulik he choreographed the programmes "Baseball Cap" for 2000 tour and "Drive/Driven" for 2001 tour"

I would have nothing against Michael using other choreographers than Lisa Weiss now and then, although I have liked his programmes (like our Finnish commentators too).

I´m very glad for Michael, and think that he will really add to the SOI show!!!

Marjaana

Last edited:
S

SkateFan4Life

Joesitz said:
I think SOI has a resident choreographer. I've never seen the show live. I've never been overwhelmed with Michael's programs and imo, I think it was due to the choreography. Maybe with the show's programming, we will see a different Michael. I would look forward to that. Also this post explains why he is not in Campbells.

Joe

I also have never been overly impressed with Michael Weiss's programs. Not only has his choreography been stilted and, frankly unimaginative (IMHO), but he always manages to botch his jumps. How many times will he two-foot or fall on his quad lutz? How many more times will he blow his triple axel? Weiss also wears a facial expression that seems to convey, "Gee, I hope I don't blow this upcoming jump." The look is a combination of concern and stunned surprise. :confused: Sorry, but Weiss does absolutely nothing for me as a skater.

It says something about the lack of depth of the American men, as Weiss has managed to be in the top three in the US for nearly a decade. :mad:

Johnny Weir and Timothy Goebel stand head and shoulders above Weiss, as far as I'm concerned.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
The list of cities is up, but no dates yet. Do they start right after Christmas? IIRC they've performed in Seattle around New Year's Day. Seattle's the third stop, but the first after a long flight from Baltimore. I don't know whether that's good or bad. But in all likelihood, it will be raining :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the dates aren't up... but you can get an idea because they have it listed in teh way the shows will be done

Lake Placid, NY Olympic Center
Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena
Seattle, WA KeyArena at Seattle Center
Spokane, WA Spokane Arena
Sacramento, CA ARCO Arena
San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
Phoenix, AZ America West Arena
San Diego, CA San Diego Sports Arena
Anaheim, CA Arrowhead Pond
Long Island, NY Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Denver, CO Pepsi Center
Dallas, TX American Airlines Center
St. Louis, MO Savvis Center
Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
Omaha, NE Qwest Center Omaha
Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
Cleveland, OH Gund Arena
Hartford, CT Hartford Civic Center
Providence, RI Dunkin' Donuts Center
Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena
Fort Myers, FL TECO Arena
Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
Orlando, FL TD Waterhouse Centre
Fort Lauderdale, FL Office Depot Center
Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena
Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills
Columbus, OH Value City Arena
Green Bay, WI Resch Center
Bridgeport, CT Arena at Harbor Yard
Albany, NY Pepsi Arena
Worcester, MA Worcester's Centrum Centre
Manchester, NH Verizon Wireless Arena
Hershey, PA GIANT Center
Rochester, NY Blue Cross Arena
Wilkes-Barre, PA Wachovia Arena at Casey Plaza
Trenton, NJ Sovereign Bank Arena
Portland, ME Cumberland County Civic Center
Fort Wayne, IN Allen County War Memorial Coliseum
Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena
Erie, PA Erie Civic Center
St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
Sioux City, IA Tyson Events Center
Toledo, OH Toledo Sports Arena

the only way Mike will be working with Chris is if Christopher has a revelation for a program or Mike asks... we'll see...

NorthernLite

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
the dates aren't up... but you can get an idea because they have it listed in teh way the shows will be done
That's last year's list. See a thread on Laurie's Yagudin message board for list of this year's shows & dates.

Thanks Toni for the listing of potential SOI stops. I could make it to Albany or Bridgeport or Trenton. I'll figure out the time schedules which would be best.

Yes, it would be nice to see Michael doing a Chris Dean program. I would look forward to that more than his other programs.

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
whoops! sorry! should have noticed that

oh now I am tempted to talk my parents into buying tickets for me to see the SOI show in Seattle... I could just head down with Erin on the 3rd... stay for SOI AND Nationals... *sigh* this is too much!

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
Thanks Toni for the listing of potential SOI stops. I could make it to Albany or Bridgeport or Trenton. I'll figure out the time schedules which would be best.

Yes, it would be nice to see Michael doing a Chris Dean program. I would look forward to that more than his other programs.

Joe

Joe, what's wrong with Uniondale?

But if you do decide to go out of town, come to Albany!!!!

Yana

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the list, Toni........the closest stop for me would be Sacramento, about three hours away............42