Best needle biellman spin? | Golden Skate

Best needle biellman spin?

katyaaranda

Rinkside
i love watching skaters that are able to pull up a needle in their bellman spin, unfortunately there are not so many, which one does it better? how can they be able to do that?

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Not sure what the "needle" means? Is that when a skater achieves a full split? :confused:

kinoriH

Final Flight
Lipnitsksya.
In my opinion there there is no one like her when it comes to spins. The best speed , flow and flexibility... :)

tjb

Match Penalty
anastasia mukhortova did yulia's spins better than yulia a couple of seasons ago. she's the fastest spinner i ever saw.
but after the injury she lost a lot in her spins.
and alisa lozko's spins is also faster than yulia's, i think

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Personally I hate needle Biellman as I'm a fan of classic teardrop shaped variation BUT Anastasia Mukhortova had beautiful needle spin. And don't forget about Caroline Zhang whose layback spins are generally gorgeous

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
anastasia mukhortova did yulia's spins better than yulia a couple of seasons ago. she's the fastest spinner i ever saw.
but after the injury she lost a lot in her spins.
and alisa lozko's spins is also faster than yulia's, i think

The thing is Julia did it fast when she was baby Julia but it took years for her to be able to exit the them with grace and fluidity into the choreography. Her fastest and best centered spins were at Euro Championship but the Needle she threw down at Rostelecom Cup SP last season was phenomenal. Yes it's slower but I'd argue it's the best controlled well executed version we've ever seen this spin from entry to exit. Speed is exciting but showing poise and control has a value all its own.

https://youtu.be/OIs91xYv75k?t=2m58s

tjb

Match Penalty
The thing is Julia did it fast when she was baby Julia but it took years for her to be able to exit the them with grace and fluidity into the choreography. Her fastest and best centered spins were at Euro Championship but the Needle she threw down at Rostelecom Cup SP last season was phenomenal. Yes it's slower but I'd argue it's the best controlled well executed version we've ever seen this spin from entry to exit. Speed is exciting but showing poise and control has a value all its own.

https://youtu.be/OIs91xYv75k?t=2m58s

i'll say that this alisa's spin is much better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeISwJfQWAI&feature=youtu.be&t=158
when it comes to who has the most centred and controlled spins, no one is close to lozko

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I'll list some of my favorites:
Yulia Lipnitskaya
Alisa Lozko
Hongyi Chen
Elizaveta Nugumanova

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Not a fan of that spin, looks ugly. :noshake:

I'll go with Lipnitskaya.

tjb

Match Penalty
lipnitskaya, lozko, mukhortova, sasha cohen, they all were in rhytmic gymnastics in their childhood, and switched to skating later.
skaters without basic training of rhythmic gymnastics don't have that much flexibility

tars

Record Breaker
lipnitskaya, lozko, mukhortova, sasha cohen, they all were in rhytmic gymnastics in their childhood, and switched to skating later.
skaters without basic training of rhythmic gymnastics don't have that much flexibility
Lipnitskaya has never been in rhytmic gymnastics.

tjb

Match Penalty
i'm not a fan of yulia and i don't know much of her biography. but i'm sure that i heard a multiple commentators on tv talked about her past in rg

MalAssada

Medalist
IIRC, that was just a rumor that came up during the Olympic season. She's said she has never done gymnastics (rg or otherwise) before.

tjb

Match Penalty
IIRC, that was just a rumor that came up during the Olympic season. She's said she has never done gymnastics (rg or otherwise) before.

well, she does a rhythmic gymnastics elements. it's pretty remarkable, if she learned this elements in her living room

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
i'm not a fan of yulia and i don't know much of her biography. but i'm sure that i heard a multiple commentators on tv talked about her past in rg

That was a mistake. Julia denied it one of her interviews.

I'm with you I like Lozko's spins more