Survivor Vanuatu | Golden Skate

Survivor Vanuatu

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, so far, the men are just STUPID. Seems to me that this early on, you get rid of your weakest link (Chris) instead of one of your strongest. This was a case of a group of flabby guys being threatened by someone who was actually in shape. I hope the women just keep kicking their butts until they wake up.

I think Chad played the Artificial Leg card entirely too early; if it'd been me I'd've waited at least another few days if I could have, just to really maximize the shock value if nothing else; plus it'd give me a few extra days to make alliances, etc. It was too early IMO to know how the revelation would go over.

Among the women, I like Scout and Leanne, and I think Twila is going to be QUITE SOMETHING. It always kills me (and a variation of this happens every time) when these chickie-boos are down by the lagoon lounging around doing their Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue thing and then turning around and complaining that the others are SHOWING THEM UP and TRYING TO MAKE POINTS by ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING LIKE BUILDING SHELTER. I think it would be interesting if the people who were actually interested in doing any work, made their own shelters, and the ones who wanted to treat this like a South Pacific vacation can just lounge around and sleep on the beach and get themselves rained on.

What I think will be most interesting about this edition is that it might turn out to be more about young vs. "old" than male vs. female. I say, "Go old folks!!" :D :D

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Jonny for starting the thread. We have our elimination game going on at work. (I dare not say pool because that's a form of gambling, not allowed at work) :laugh: Anyhow, I have Leann so I am hoping that she gets somewhere in the game. We have $90 for the final person, $50 for runner-up, $10 for 2nd runner-up, $10 for 1st person on jury and $20 for 1st person voted off. We have a good time with the game and then we all gather for the finale with food and drinks.

Dee

Kasey

Medalist
So far...um...YAWN! No real standout personalities to me yet. I also think Chad played the one leg thing too soon, but who knows how hot it is there...maybe he just needed to be in shorts! The gals, yeah, I think Twila is pretty cool! lol Not so sure about the little barbie nitwits....No one just leapt out at me that I just instantly like or dislike so far (Like Rupert or Bawstin Wab!)

Kasey

guinevere

Final Flight
I missed last week (stupid VCR!), but had read all sorts of recaps - I was mostly surprised that Eliza wasn't anywhere near as annoying as I'd heard. But maybe she just didn't get much airtime. I was really pleased at the turnaround to vote off Dolly. The look on Mia's face as the votes came out was priceless. So far Mia and Julie I don't like, Ami seems the shrewdest (she very deftly fed Leann and Eliza the info to engineer Dolly's ouster), I like Twila, Scout's days are numbered unless she gets good at something real fast.

On the boys' team, I have a harder time figuring our what's going on yet. I don't really like or dislike anyone yet - but Rory is clearly ostracizing himself from the team. He's got a huge target on his back.

I bet the producers loved getting to film the gals sidle past each other on that balance beam - I thought seeing how obviously uncomfortable the men were getting that close to each other was hilarious.

The guys were so close getting fire on their own - I was rooting for them!

mike79

On the Ice
So far I like Ami and Mia from Yasur, and Lea and Travis from Lopevi.

Rory is just plain annoying and needs to go.

Does Lisa do anything but smile and show off her fake rack?

Scout is useless.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I was kind of hoping that the guys would have gone just far enough in the balance beam challenge to the point where we could have seen Bubba and Sarge try to get past each other with those oversized bellies of theirs -- that would have made for some serious comedy! :laugh: :laugh: I notice they had Chris at the very end so he wouldn't have to walk by anybody!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was little nervous last night about Leann. Glad she got to stay.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Great strategizing by Leann. Hopefully, she can convince the young girls that she did the right thing. Dolly was the weak link for the alliances. They couldn't allow her to swing between groups from week to week.

Leann's going to have a tough sell though. I don't know if she made any promises to the older women - maybe she only made a deal for that tribal council. She's going to have to convince both groups that she's capable of keeping her word.

I think Scout will be 'safe' since she's playing the mother role. They showed a lot of clips of her fussing over the younger women. Twila's probably the one that most find abrasive. They only went ofter the other one because Dolly moved them in that direction due to her alliance with Twila.

Definitely not sure how this game is going.....

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
First of all -- John K. -- ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. At first I thought he was gonna do the standard "man thang" and give immunity to the woman he thought was the hottest, but WOW. Getting to the root of why they got rid of Dolly was smart, but giving the immunity to Ami and letting things progress as they would have anyway? BRILLIANT. One of the smartest things I've ever seen on this show.

I am really starting to like Twila; she absolutely cracks me up. SO glad they got rid of Mia; she was truly obnoxious and had she stayed around long enough she would have given Jeri Manthey a good run for her money for Ultimate Survivor B****. Like Twila said, the only reason she was offended by the remark about the labor distribution was because it was true. I WOULD like to know who flipped their vote, tho; I was expecting a 4-4 split. So who besides Leanne, Scout, Twila, and Ami voted for Mia as well? I missed the section where the votes were shown. This means Eliza is probably history now, which is fine with me. As for the men, who KNOWS who's gonna be the next one to go? I'm still trying to figure out what all is going on with them. I understand they want to get rid of the "threats" but first of all, if they're gonna do that they need a better understanding of who the threats actually are -- Brady, Chad, and now as it turns out John K. are all more threatening IMO than the two they've gotten rid of, and not one single vote has gone down against any of those three. What they're gonna end up doing at this rate is getting rid of all their strong players and losing to the women. Sarge and his mouth can only carry that team so far, and I'm expecting a backlash against that whole routine, quite honestly. Also, Chris and Travis are IMO virtually worthless and should be gone by now.

mike79

On the Ice
I'm not very happy that Mia and John are gone simply because they were two of the more entertaining people out there. Scout and Rory on the other hand....zzz.

guinevere

Final Flight
Lisa is the one who flipped her vote.

I had thought that maybe she was going to try to blame it on Eliza, the known vote-switcher (indicating some devious strategy), but according to the Survivor Insider, when she cast her vote, Lisa said something like "I'm only voting for you because I'm sure you won't be going home"...... WTF?!?

John K was great, I was also hugely relieved he didn't just give immunity to a hottie, but I have to say that the men's team is kind of a big snooze to me. I can only identify Sarge, Rory and Chad by sight.

I am sooooo glad that Mia is gone. I'm pretty sure that Twila's misspelling was an accident, but I think "ME-a" is a good description of her :laugh:

guinevere

Jhar55

Medalist
Well this is only the second season I've watched Surivior, like most shows of that type it's cut throat and backstabing. But then that must be the only way to get ahead in the game. No favorite player as of yet, let the best game player win.

I am a Survivor fan.....but so far this season I am not feeling much excitement and have not latched onto really liking any of the players yet. On the other hand....I think it's Eliza.....good greif does she ever shut up???
It always takes me several weeks to keep everybody straight!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, the men just get STUPIDER and STUPIDER. Wouldn't it make more sense to at least keep a COUPLE of athletic, intelligent players on your team so you don't get your butts kicked on every challenge between now and the merge? I think it's an amazingly chauvinistic attitude to think that you don't seem to need anyone athletic and intelligent because you're just competing against a bunch of girls anyway. [Plus I'm extra annoyed because Brady was hot!! :D Not that you'd especially have to be to be the best looking one in THAT bunch anyway....] I guess we can see why Sarge is a DRILL sargeant and not a COMBAT sargeant because this kind of strategy would have gotten him blown up a long time ago! Chris is useless, Travis is useless, and Rory has now taken INEPT to a whole new level. Plus they're ALL annoying, except for John K. Apparently the tribes are going to be mixed up next week and I'm rather annoyed about that because I wanted to see the women kick more butt for a couple more weeks. Though at least it might help get rid of some of the stupid dynamics currently going on on the men's side. However, it might keep Eliza around longer than she deserves to be, because every edition has to feature some Cute Young Thing who makes it to the final 4 or almost just because she's a Cute Young Thing; I was hoping we'd be spared that this time around.

[I'm pretty sure I misspelled "sargeant" but apparently I'm so far off I can't even find it in my handy-dandy spelling dictionary; if anyone knows the correct spelling, please let me know...... :laugh: ; Ggranny, have you been watching this thread at all?? :laugh: :laugh: ]

I agree with your whole post, JonnyCoop. Rory and Sarge are quite annoying and the two of them together nearly unbearable!
Eliza annoys me, too, because she just can't seem to shut up.
I did enjoy how the women behaved while Mas(the native man) was with them...they seemed to get along for awhile and they really respected him(as they should).

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
JonnyCoop said:
[Plus I'm extra annoyed because Brady was hot!! :D Not that you'd especially have to be to be the best looking one in THAT bunch anyway....]
Jonny - I so agree with you!!! John K is the only one left to look at of the men. I was kind of hoping for something radical, like voting Sarge out - what kind of leader is he anyway?!?!?!? I knew that he would still keep Rory around - even though he can't stand him. It's the same kind of mentality that Rudy had - 'I'm a man of my word and I'm not going to go back on it'. I'm sorry, but what good have Chris and Bubba been??? Don't get me started on Rory - his idea of fishing is to go skipping on the rocks???? And even though he's been quiet, Chad has been just as stupid for sticking with the Fat Five (on The Early Show, John P said that they called that alliance the Fab Five, but then later changed it to the Fat Five). Then again, I think Chad is physically the strongest in the alliance - definitely stronger than Bubba, Chris, and Rory.

On another note, did anyone notice that Twila's hair was braided? I wonder who did it for her - Ami?

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am really enjoying this Survivor show and thinking the women are really strong. I like the way they show respect for Scout. They aren't ousting her because she's older but quite the contrary. They made her chief.

Bubba got his upcomings by thinking he could get away with his lack of respect for his own tribe. Bye, bye Bubba. Ami is quite the gal but I wonder how long she will last though.

Today I like John, I hope they keep him around. I also hope the women don't listen to Rory's pathetic pleading.

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has everyone given up on this thread!! :cry: :cry: Anyhow, I am enjoying this Survivor moreso than the All Stars. Ami seems to be worming her way as leader, I wonder what she is going to do with Scout.

Poor Rory, I felt kind of sorry for him. I still don't understand why they picked him to get rid of. I understand the women are picking the guys off but isn't Sarge more of threat.

Dee

guinevere

Final Flight
I'm not totally sure why they went for Rory instead of Sarge either - maybe Twila and Julie were more reluctant to vote off their recent tribemates right off the bat? Well, Twila anyway - she seems to have a pretty good friendship with Lea. Also, the ladies know where Sarge stands, while Rory was maybe more of a question mark for them, so they wanted to get him out of the equation before he could do any damage.

Ami has been running the show on the women's side for the whole game. I'm afraid that it will bring her downfall sooner than later. I think she'll be the first woman to get voted off, unless she can win immunity when there are only women left in the game.

This is not the best season of Survivor, but it's definitely better than All-Stars. Then again, I think the only season worse than All-Stars is S3: Africa!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Well, when you do things like threaten to go on a work strike if you're gonna get voted off, threaten to burn down the camp if you're gonna get voted off, then strut around thinking like you're King of the Universe just because you can break ceramic tiles with a slingshot, it tends to get on people's nerves. I'm glad Rory's gone; he was really irritating.

I too think this is a rather lame Survivor edition overall; this is 2 in a row now. All-Stars was a good idea on paper that just didn't pan out, and this one started out promising but has been marred by too much stupid behavior and bad strategy. And like Africa, the list of people I want outa there gets longer every week. At this point, the only people left I like at all are Chad and Leanne.