Ryan Bradley on the Olympic Channel | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ryan Bradley on the Olympic Channel

Danibellerika

Medalist
Just got through all the Skate Canada coverage. I could play a drinking game for how many times he says "in the conversation" and need a new liver by tomorrow.:palmf:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess Ryan's "In the conversation" is his signature mantra (is that the right word for it?), just like Terry Gannon's "Control your own destiny." :rofl:

Skatingcat

Final Flight
I'm relieved that the word "redemption" wasn't used over and over and over and over again.

(could we please ban that word from figure skating. Pretty please with platinum medals all over it)?

Bcash

Final Flight
Tracy Wilson and Ben Agosto this week. Ben is really fantastic. His voice, diction, and insights are much appreciated.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Tracy Wilson and Ben Agosto this week. Ben is really fantastic. His voice, diction, and insights are much appreciated.

Ben did the ice dance last week as well. The week before that it was Charlie White. There is someone else doing the singles and pairs commentary this week along with Tracy.

Kelly Lynn

Rinkside
In as much as almost the whole program is replayed while scores are tallied wouldn’t this be a better time for comments? I’d like the skate itself to be comment free.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In as much as almost the whole program is replayed while scores are tallied wouldn’t this be a better time for comments? I’d like the skate itself to be comment free.

That's true of the online shows. In many TV broadcasts, the replays are cut off and replaced by commercials. Or just edited out, if it's not live.

noskates

Record Breaker
I didn't realize how much Ryan was wearing on my nerves until this past weekend when it was Tracy Wilson and Steve somebody - plus Ben Agosto for Dance. There wasn't an overabundance of talk in any of the disciplines and Tracy has been doing this for years and knows what she's talking about. Steve jumped in when it was appropriate. Ben is very technical and some of the stuff he said I had never heard before. Very interesting.

Ryan becomes more and more annoying with his catch phrases. "A little tight on the landing, a little to the outside, in the conversation....."

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tracy talks too much, and sometimes it isn't about what's happening on the ice. At least Ryan talks about what the current skater is doing.

I could do with a lot less talk from both of them.

Bcash

Final Flight
A little to the Outside but fights to hang on is back this week.

Another thing: Niiicely exxecuuted.

His intonation and diction annoys more than what he says.

Skatingcat

Final Flight
I liked his commentary this morning for NHK. But I am aware I might be in the minority. I am happy he doesn't gush the way other american commentators do.

TanithandBenFan

On the Ice
I liked his commentary this morning for NHK. But I am aware I might be in the minority. I am happy he doesn't gush the way other american commentators do.

I will take gushing spoken in a normal voice all day long over whatever it is that Ryan is trying to do with his voice. Maybe he thinks if he speaks normally we won't understand him? I've had no problems understanding him when I've spoken to him one-on-one. Talk to us like we're having a conversation, Ryan!

Feline Feeder

Rinkside
Tracy Wilson was with some non-skater commentator the other day, and oh, it was all I could do not to fall asleep. Ryan's not so bad, but he seems a little unsure of himself at times.

slider11

Medalist
We like Ben, bu think his voice sounds like Charlie's, weirdly.

Charlie is back for NHK. I thought maybe he was home on baby watch. Actually I Do like Ben Agosto because he is so informative about teams' strengths and weaknesses. I get that some like silence during the performance but I think a well placed comment about a move that is particulary unique, strong or not glaringly deficient (like a fall) is welcomed. Others may already know the info that Ben expresses but I think it goes beyond the obvious and helps viewers understand what judges are scrutinizing. Charlie is ok, too, but, frankly, I find Ben a little more clear and concise. Maybe Charlie's head is elsewhere.

slider11

Medalist
I really like Ryan. He has a certain inflection in his voice that takes some getting used to - kind of child-like. BUT I find his comments thoughtful and informative. And he is not a homey -he gives credit to all skaters where due and criticizes the US skaters as needed. I feel like I get a little "inside edge" on what's happening behind the scenes with Ryan. He's been there, knows these skaters and their coaches.

noskates

Record Breaker
As utterly annoying as Tara was today, it was so nice not to have to listen to Ryan.