Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Olympic Season: Ladies Figure Skating

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Is Dalemen going back to her old LP? Why? I like her style this season. Didn't like her LP last season...

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    Zagitova just has to skate SP the way she skated at GPF with a good rippon 3F that will give her 7 rather than 5 points. With some extra markup (Olympic games and she is Russian national champion) she will have 79 for SP (43+36). She then needs to skate FP like she did at the Nationals this or the last year. Then she will have 152 (80+72) with the total of 231. Caro might get 38+76 = 114 in pcs. To beat Zagitova she will need more than 231-114=117 points in TES. She had 102 at GPF and 106 at the Nationals. Something like a miracle should happen for her to get 15 extra technical points. Of course, there is always a scenario when skaters make mistakes. My point is that Alina's task to finally do a clean short and repeat one of her best DQ routines seems much easier than for Caro to drastically improve the tech score.
    FYI- Carolina skated her short program in Italy for a holiday event and the second jump was a double lutz which could indicate that she is considering changing the triple loop to a triple lutz which would make her short harder than Medvedeva.

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    I swear, if Kostner gets the OGM over Medvedeva, I will NOT be happy...........

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoix View Post
    Is Dalemen going back to her old LP? Why? I like her style this season. Didn't like her LP last season...
    We should know after Canadian Nationals. I only heard that information from one source, although not completely unreliable. But they did not list their source.

ETA: a couple of her recent posts on Instagram are pics of her in her Rhapsody in Blue dress. Not sure if that is an indication or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    I'd be happy for Carolina (and sad for Med), but I don't see it happening.

2 Not allowed!
    Gold favourites - Zhenia and Alina
    Silver contenders - Kaetlyn, Maria Sotskova, Caro
    Bronze shots - Satoko

Medalist

8 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    Maybe you should be happy that the gold medal is rewarded to whoever skated best that night.

0 Not allowed!
    But if Kostner gets the gold medal, it's high unlikely that she really will have skated best that night. There's people who can actually complete a clean FS and if all of those falter, I'd be... interested in seeing what's on that ice that messed with all of them.

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackWalker View Post
    FYI- Carolina skated her short program in Italy for a holiday event and the second jump was a double lutz which could indicate that she is considering changing the triple loop to a triple lutz which would make her short harder than Medvedeva.
    First, her rate of success with 3F-3T is about 50%. Second, 2Lz is not the same as 3Lz. Third, even then her BV will be lower than Medvedeva's because she does not backload.

But the point is that so far she is 15-17 points short of clean Zagitova based on what she delivered at GPF and Nationals. Will she be able to cover the gap changing 3Lo by 3Lz and doing a 7 triple program? I think so. Can she do it? That's the question. Some people kept saying that in theory Gracie was the best skater in the world 2 seasons ago. And even after the actual SP in Boston she was close to become the one. She could not deliver and that was expected because she had not been able before. Caro keeps missing the jumps. Can she produce the skate of her life when it matters the most to win OGM? In theory yes. But then, let's wait and see.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    when are euros?

0 Not allowed!
    The 15th through the 21st of this month.

Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast