Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 456

Thread: 2018 Olympic Season: Ladies Figure Skating

  1. #241
    Medalist Sam L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,007
    Country: Australia

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Ummm..... Click the Baby Chicken ———> 🐣
    Oh yeah how did I forget. Or am I saying she's not a top gold medal potential...

  2. #242
    “I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    16,697
    Country: United States of America

    8 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    Oh yeah how did I forget. Or am I saying she's not a top gold medal potential...
    New rule...if you don’t agree with me don’t click my chicken

  3. #243
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,401

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
    She has never been to an Olympics though. The only one out of the top gold medal potentials who has been to an Olympics is Kostner and we know she handled her nerves last time.



    Yes b'ye, Don't forget that Katelyn Osmond won a silver medal in the Team event at 2014 Sochi Olympics Winter Games. That should count for something. Lol..

  4. #244
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,430
    Country: Canada

    4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Did you see who was third from the top

    What a year
    I am thrilled Sotskova has done so well this season. She could have gotten lost in the Zagitova vs. Medvedeva hype, and be "the other Russian", but her performances at the GPF and Euros (where she arguably should have been 3rd) have been solid. She is one of the few Russian seniors who has actually come on strong this season from last year and made a case for herself. And I love her style and programs. Obviously I want Osmond to medal, but I'd be completely fine with a clean Sotskova claiming a medal.

    Between her, Zagitova and Medvedeva, it could be the first time the Independent Olympians swept the Olympic podium!

  5. #245
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    99
    Country: Vanuatu

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I am thrilled Sotskova has done so well this season. She could have gotten lost in the Zagitova vs. Medvedeva hype, and be "the other Russian", but her performances at the GPF and Euros (where she arguably should have been 3rd) have been solid. She is one of the few Russian seniors who has actually come on strong this season from last year and made a case for herself. And I love her style and programs. Obviously I want Osmond to medal, but I'd be completely fine with a clean Sotskova claiming a medal.

    Between her, Zagitova and Medvedeva, it could be the first time the Independent Olympians swept the Olympic podium!
    That is something that will never ever happen! Not in this life, not in the next

  6. #246
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,430
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    Yes b'ye, Don't forget that Katelyn Osmond won a silver medal in the Team event at 2014 Sochi Olympics Winter Games. That should count for something. Lol..
    Well, considering a lot of people count team medals in Olympic medal hauls (no tea, no shade), I'd say Osmond's silver is definitely notable. Her FS was not her best, but she did skate a clean SP (where she arguably should have been 3rd over Asada/Wagner).

  7. #247
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,430
    Country: Canada

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightstar View Post
    That is something that will never ever happen! Not in this life, not in the next
    Which part? Sotskova skating clean (which she has done) and potentially claiming a medal? Do you not think Sotskova is a threat for the podium?

    Because as the GPF silver medalist, and the 4th highest season's best of those competing (and less than 2 points behind Osmond), Sotskova/Zagitova/Medvedeva could make the Independent Olympians podium sweep very much a reality. And if Osmond/Kostner/etc. falter, and those 3 skate as well as they can, then it would be well-deserved.

  8. #248
    Euler critic ancientpeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8,459
    Country: Canada

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    New rule...if you don’t agree with me don’t click my chicken
    But which came first? Sam or his chicken?

  9. #249
    All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,480
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Ummm..... Click the Baby Chicken ———> 🐣
    omg it's Sasha music!!
    also what's the name of that one step she did in her stsq that looks like she threw a biellmann over her head kinda?

  10. #250
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    99
    Country: Vanuatu

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Which part? Sotskova skating clean (which she has done) and potentially claiming a medal? Do you not think Sotskova is a threat for the podium?

    Because as the GPF silver medalist, and the 4th highest season's best of those competing (and less than 2 points behind Osmond), Sotskova/Zagitova/Medvedeva could make the Independent Olympians podium sweep very much a reality. And if Osmond/Kostner/etc. falter, and those 3 skate as well as they can, then it would be well-deserved.
    No Sorry i meant it will never happen that the Russians (OAR) get 1,2,3!
    I love Sotskova and I do believe that she will skate clean because of her consistency this Season but Kostner will be ahead of her because of Components and I also can see Kaetlyn Osmond ahead if she skates clean.

  11. #251
    Dummy
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    5,991

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightstar View Post
    No Sorry i meant it will never happen that the Russians (OAR) get 1,2,3!
    I love Sotskova and I do believe that she will skate clean because of her consistency this Season but Kostner will be ahead of her because of Components and I also can see Kaetlyn Osmond ahead if she skates clean.
    Well the thing is, Kostner can bomb. If Masha is clean and Kostner bombs, Masha will be ahead (look at the european scores - the difference is pretty small and Masha was not perfect there). Same goes for Osmond.

    So basically, it is possible - Kostner and Osmond are not consistency queens, and CLEAN Masha will beat them if they mess up Even with PCs

  12. #252
    GS Supporter SnowWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,639
    Country: Canada

    0 Not allowed!
    I do wonder if Masha will be clean though. IIRC last season she was strong in the fall, then had a few more mistakes at Euros and Worlds. And this season she was strong in the fall, but then had mistakes at Russian Nationals and Euros. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially since last year was her first in seniors.

  13. #253
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    253

    0 Not allowed!
    Perhaps for Maria it would be better not to win ; not to win might be rather a blessing in disguise for her (?) She is just in the beginning and has lot of potential, especially artistically. She certainly stands out of all the Russian skaters by her own style, and needs more time to become brilliant.

  14. #254
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,457
    Country: United States of America

    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I am thrilled Sotskova has done so well this season. She could have gotten lost in the Zagitova vs. Medvedeva hype, and be "the other Russian", but her performances at the GPF and Euros (where she arguably should have been 3rd) have been solid. She is one of the few Russian seniors who has actually come on strong this season from last year and made a case for herself. And I love her style and programs. Obviously I want Osmond to medal, but I'd be completely fine with a clean Sotskova claiming a medal.

    Between her, Zagitova and Medvedeva, it could be the first time the Independent Olympians swept the Olympic podium!
    I know it's not a widespread opinion, but I like Sotskova better than either of her Russian teammates. I concede that is faint praise, but there it is.

    My ranking of Russian ladies: Sotskova - big gap - Medvedeva - bigger gap - Zagitova.

  15. #255
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,457
    Country: United States of America

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by withwings View Post
    Perhaps for Maria it would be better not to win ; not to win might be rather a blessing in disguise for her (?) She is just in the beginning and has lot of potential, especially artistically. She certainly stands out of all the Russian skaters by her own style, and needs more time to become brilliant.
    I really doubt she sees it that way. I wouldn't.

  16. #256
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    253

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I really doubt she sees it that way. I wouldn't.
    Oh, I am sure she does not see her in that way, and good for her if she does not! And I am glad you neither. Good thoughts are the best support... then let her skate lights out!

  17. #257
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,458

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I know it's not a widespread opinion, but I like Sotskova better than either of her Russian teammates. I concede that is faint praise, but there it is.

    My ranking of Russian ladies: Sotskova - big gap - Medvedeva - bigger gap - Zagitova.
    I actually like Sotskova better, too, I'm not sure why. I guess it's style.

  18. #258
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,095
    Country: United States of America

    6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I know it's not a widespread opinion, but I like Sotskova better than either of her Russian teammates. I concede that is faint praise, but there it is.

    My ranking of Russian ladies: Sotskova - big gap - Medvedeva - bigger gap - Zagitova.
    I liked Sotskova until she started doing those ugly Tanos. Those ugly things have made it hard for me to pull for her

  19. #259
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,360

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by winky97 View Post
    I liked Sotskova until she started doing those ugly Tanos. Those ugly things have made it hard for me to pull for her
    Same here. Sotsokova has improved a lot in her skating and refinement. But those tanos... they do not even help her jumps.

  20. #260
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    40

    2 Not allowed!
    Maria has no chance for gold medal.
    I hope the podium will be: 1-2. Zhenia (she was unbeatable for 2 years, she deservs gold), 1-2. Alina(most technically challenging SP and FP), 3. Karo/Kaeitlin.
    The first two ladies are the only candidates for gold and silver if they scate clean.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •