Emotional victory for Duhamel and Radford | Golden Skate

Emotional victory for Duhamel and Radford

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford finally channeled their world champion fight and synchronicity to win their fourth Skate Canada International championship in Regina, Sask., this weekend. Germany's Aliona Savchenko and Bruno Massot slipped to second overall for silver, while Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres took the bronze.

More ...
"I think we had to keep our expectations quite low coming into this competition, but this is the most prepared and focused that we've felt," Radford said. "You never know what's going to happen in the moment, but this lets us know that it is possible for it to happen in the future."
"The singles are doing all quads. We need to grow figure skating," asserted Massot. "The discipline has to grow, and we should not stay always in the same elements and always the same program. Everyone will have the same program if nobody is trying anything. We will land it. It will be clean. It needs more practice. We have only been together three years."
"This is the one really big mental part of the season for me and for us, remembering last year," James explained. "We had a good Autumn Classic and then a beginning of a good season and then a good short clean and then a long catastrophe. I think it was a lot of mental work for me, one year from that catastrophe. I did a lot of mental work for me. It gives us more confidence into the next part of the season. It's nice to skate like that."

What are your thoughts on the pairs event?

Fine skating by all three top teams. Duhamel and Radford should be over the moon with their triumph, after a couple of years of struggle to get back to the top. There are still a few things that they can work on, but they are a unique couple on the ice. Good for them. :rock: