Alena Kanysheva | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Alena Kanysheva

Pracygr

On the Ice
Who is oksana bulycheva ????do many good skaters and i dont know her .
https://pp.userapi.com/c630518/v630518327/2955d/yxpB8dK6kDM.jpg
Guess the little skater on the picture :)

Also more recent https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx72TA8IKQ0/

Fun fact, the guy on the left of the second picture is Vladislav Bulychev, Oksana's son, and was also coached by Tutberidze at some point. He didn't make it to the national top, but his skating had some very admirable qualities when he was on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnMSijDYxLs

He is also working with little kids at Khrustalny right now.

https://m.vk.com/video-97272391_456242643

Will Alena be in juniors competition next year?
At least one more year in juniors, yes.

Azikin

Medalist
Her debut under Eteri is coming.. can't wait.. I hope she will flourish the same way as Lilbet last year.. :luv17:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She skates beautifully and I like the idea behind the program. The music in itself is beautiful as well but the choices could be a bit less monotonous, though, it doesn‘t give her a lot of opportunities to perform as it‘s always the same. Now waiting for the FS. :)

I think Deripashka was right, people got used to the quality of the russian 13-14 y. o. girls too much, they want "something more" every year, while complaining about the pressure on the girls :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Really nice and honest interview with Kanyshek here: https://tass.ru/sport/6734918

Some quotes:

about Khrustalniy
“The first thing that has changed for me is the training atmosphere, the internal competition. In this group you look at the others and think 'and why can’t I do that?', so you go and try. Everybody is progressing”
about femininity in skating:
"I changed my attitude towards my skating, it’s morally easier for me." (? probably meaning mentally or spiritually)
"While I can’t call my skating truly feminine yet, it'll come with age, of course - the older a girl is, the more consciously she starts to skate, and it will look more feminine."
about the switch to #TeamTutberidzeForProgress:
“I was worried when I joined Tutberidze’s group for I understood what coach I was going to. I remember the first meeting, the first thing that Eteri Georgiyevna asked me ' why did you leave (Panova's) ? '. I can’t remember what I answered her. I’ve been asked to go to Eteri Georgiyevna to join her group, they said that she would be glad to have me, now I understand - I didn’t go in vain, it’s an honour to work in the group of such a coach."
about coming season program content:
“This season, we decided not to put any quads in the free program, because there was this injury, I could not jump for a while. It’s better to skate cleanly, but without a quad. Take the same Grand Prix Final where Alyona Kostornaya skated cleanly with triple jumps, while Sasha Trusova fell on her quad."
about quads:
"I started to learn the quad Salchow, but I also had a good Toe Loop so we decided to work on it, it was more like a quad. Now I want to become the best in juniors, to win the world championship, so I can move on. The competitors are strong, but what I can do myself is all I care about, the judges will decide where to put you. Thanks to the experience of last season, I've earned my place."
about little Alyona:
“I chose this sport myself. My parents brought me to the skating rink, and then I asked every day - 'when will we go again?' This is how I started, with "fonarikov" and "kozlikov" and now I've reached the quadruple jumps. But the competitive excitement was in me from the very beginning."
about her idols and compatriots:
"I liked Julia Lipnitskaya, Adelina Sotnikova, now it is Alina Zagitova, Zhenya Medvyedeva - they are on equal terms for me, I have no idol."
about school etc:
"I am an excellent student, I attend a regular school where the teachers work with me additionally, also I work with a tutor. My Parents initially had this condition: if you do badly, no figure skating!"

Last edited:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think Deripashka was right, people got used to the quality of the russian 13-14 y. o. girls too much, they want "something more" every year, while complaining about the pressure on the girls :)

I really enjoyed the way Alena skated and I said that. I could have asked nothing more from her. No pressure on her. It's the music choice that I felt was a bit monotonous but that's not on her at all. I would have liked the music to have some highs and lows, in the step sequence for example. I still loved the program and the idea behind it today and her skate was my favourite. I don't see what the problem is, I was positive and praised her, didn't put any pressure on her or asked for "something more". I was making a remark about the music her team chose, nothing more.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Really nice and honest interview with Kanyshek here: https://tass.ru/sport/6734918

Some quotes:

about Khrustalniy
“The first thing that has changed for me is the training atmosphere, the internal competition. In this group you look at the others and think 'and why can’t I do that?', so you go and try. Everybody is progressing”
about femininity in skating:
"I changed my attitude towards my skating, it’s morally easier for me. (? probably meaning mentally)
While I can’t call my skating truly feminine yet, it'll come with age, of course - the older a girl is, the more consciously she starts to skate, and it will look more feminine"
about the switch to #TeamTutberidzeForProgress:
“I was worried when I joined Tutberidze’s group for I understood what coach I was going to. I remember the first meeting, the first thing that Eteri Georgiyevna asked me ' why did you leave (Panova's) ? '. I can’t remember what I answered her. I’ve been asked to go to Eteri Georgiyevna to join her group, they said that she would be glad to have me, now I understand - I didn’t go in vain, it’s an honour to work in the group of such a coach"
about quads:
"I started to learn the quad Salchow, but I also had a good Toe Loop so we decided to work on it, it was more like a quad. Now I want to become the best in juniors, to win the world championship, so I can move on. The competitors are strong, but what I can do myself is all I care about, the judges will decide where to put you. Thanks to the experience of last season, I've earned my place"
about little Alyona:
“I chose this sport myself. My parents brought me to the skating rink, and then I asked every day - 'when will we go again?' This is how I started, with "fonarikov" and "kozlikov" and now I've reached the quadruple jumps. But the competitive excitement was in me from the very beginning"
about her idols and compatriots:
"I liked Julia Lipnitskaya, Adelina Sotnikova, now it is Alina Zagitova, Zhenya Medvyedeva - they are on equal terms for me, I have no idol"
about school etc:
"I am an excellent student, I attend a regular school where the teachers work with me additionally, I work with a tutor. My Parents initially had this condition: if you do badly, no figure skating!"

Thanks for this interview. Very interesting responses. I'm glad she's happy with her new team now and I hope she will have a great season.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed the way Alena skated and I said that. I could have asked nothing more from her. No pressure on her. It's the music choice that I felt was a bit monotonous but that's not on her at all. I would have liked the music to have some highs and lows, in the step sequence for example. I still loved the program and the idea behind it today and her skate was my favourite. I don't see what the problem is, I was positive and praised her, didn't put any pressure on her or asked for "something more". I was making a remark about the music her team chose, nothing more.

This could be one of those routines that look best in costume with Alyona's hair all pretty and her face radiant like a fairy princess with good camera work for close up etc to enchant the TV commentators and mesmerize the audience? I feel Khrustalniy are projecting the shy hesitation and sense of wonder of a child on the brink of adolescence to get the routine's emotional intention across.

Anyway, Alyona has not rejected the music, perhaps chose it from a selection presented to her. It is now up to her and the team to make this routine her own.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks for this interview. Very interesting responses. I'm glad she's happy with her new team now and I hope she will have a great season.

It was a nice change from all the other stuff posted in the Russian media message boards etc.

And it shows Kanyshek is both bright and ambitious. I think Khrustalniy will be good for her. She only needs to stay injury free, but that goes for all skaters.

SkateSkates

Medalist
She was a bit shaky on a few landings, but on the jumps that were solid I could see improved extensions on her landings. Also great to see some new transitions this season, specifically the Ina Bauer and transitions in and out of the 2nd Axel.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Interview with Alyona here: https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m..._Tutberidze_My_pogovorili_s_Alenoj_Kanyshevoj

My interpretation of “This is neither an advance nor luck, but a great honour - to train with Tutberidze”

"Alyona Kanysheva, bronze medalist of the 2018/19 Junior Grand Prix Final, introduced her new short program at the Junior Test Skates. After the performance, the skater answered questions from journalists:
Q: Alyona, you looked almost the most adult of all the skaters. How do you feel, are you already demonstrating real women's skating?
A: I advanced in comparison with last year, but so far I can’t call my skating truly feminine. It comes with age. The older the girl, the more conscious and feminine she will be.
Q: A second season in the juniors gives you an advantage?
A: Of course. First of all, it gives a me a higher rating than some of the other participants. On the other hand, there is also Nastya Tarakanova and Vika Vasilyeva - they are skating for their third season in juniors. Their rating is even higher than mine. And it affects the distribution of starts."
Q: What did you manage to add over the year?
A: I began to treat my skating differently. Last season at the Test Skates I felt a great burden of responsibility, because in my first junior year it was important for me to immediately present myself well. Now it has become easier, on the one hand, on the other - a new group, a new coach, I want to present myself in a new way - even better than before.
Q: Just a month after the move to Khrustalniy you performed a 4T in training. Is it really possible to learn it in such a short time?
A: I started working on the quadruple Salchow with my last coach, and my Toeloop was always a good jump. When I came to Eteri Georgiyevna, they asked me to show the Axel, Toeloop and Salchow, and in the end we decided to start with the Toeloop, because it looked most like a quadruple.

Q: How was your transition to another group brought to you? Was there no feeling of pressure from the stars that would surround you on the ice?
A: The excitement was not due to the ones with whom I would skate, but from the one to which I came to be trained.
Q: You remember the first meeting with Tutberidze?
A: The very first thing that Eteri Georgiyevna asked me was “why did you leave?” (From Svetlana Panova). I answered her question, but I don’t want to elaborate on it now
In general, I was called to Khrustalniy a long time ago, at first I refused for a long time, later I realised that, probably, I was vain. (?)
Q: Is someone called to Khrustalniy? The public has such an idea that everyone just invites themselves there ...
A: It’s not that they invited me directly. They just said that Eteri Georgiyevna would be glad to see me in her group.
Q: How do you perceive your transition to Tutberidze's group - as a great success or an advance for the future?
A: I will say this: 'This is neither advance nor luck, but a great honour to work with such a trainer'

Q: What has changed in the training process compared to how it was before?
A: The atmosphere in training has changed. In this group, competition is higher. You look at the rest of the guys and think, “why can't I do the same?” First take it doesn’t work, second time doesn’t work, and on the third you get it and do it. And so everyone takes turns progressing.
Q: What about the quadruple Toeloop in the free program this season?
A: Things with the 4T are going well, but we decided not to add it to the program yet. There was an injury, I could not jump for some time and train it stably.
We decided that it would be better to skate cleanly with triples than with an error on a quad and uncertainty after the fall.
Q: What kind of injury was it, if not a secret?
A: Never mind/not important.
Q: You don't worry you cannot compete with the others without a quad?
A: I understand the severity of competition, but there were also examples where Alyona Kostornaya skated cleanly with triples in the Grand Prix Finals, and Sasha Trusova fell on her quad, so Alyona won. You can go clean with only triple jumps, or you can go quadruple jumps and make mistakes.
Q: What is the main task for this season?
A: To become the best in juniors so I can take something with me into seniors.
Q: Who do you consider the most serious rival?
A: I will compete with myself. All the girls are very strong, but when you go to the start, you should think only about yourself and compete with yourself. The rest will be decided by the judges.

Q: How did you get into figure skating?
A: First, my parents just brought me to the rink. And I started asking them every day: "Can we go again, can we go again?" In addition, my sister practiced ballet on ice (ice dance?). So they sent me to a group where everything quickly started to turn out well and I really liked it. Starting from a "flashlight" and a "goat" (a step and a kind of bounce in figure skating) and ending with quadruple jumps (laughs).
Q: At what point did competitive excitement appear?
A: From the very beginning. I love competition!
Q: Who are you inspired by from adult figure skaters?
A: First it was Julia Lipnitskaya, Adelina Sotnikova. Now it is Alina (Zagitova), Zhenya (Medvyedeva). I like them all equal, I have no idol.
Q: There remains time for study?
A: I am an excellent student. (smiles)
Q: How do you do manage?
A: Sometimes teachers and me arrange to meet and stay for additional classes. I mainly deal with tutors. I study in a regular school, not at Sambo. As long as I can manage, I do not plan to change schools.
Q: So, education is important for you as well?
A: Yes. By principle, my parents had this condition: if I started to study poorly, I must quit figure skating (smiles).
Q: Do your parents prepare you in a special way before competition?
A: 'They say they love me, regardless of my successes.' I just need to go and do everything I can.

--------
Slightly different from the other transcriptions of the same interview.
My guess is the silent invitation was given at JGPF finals, and Alyona was at first both loyal to Panova and apprehensive, even fearful of Tutberidze.
But being the bright and competitive person she is, overcame her fear and has never looked back since.

Last edited: