Alena Kanysheva | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Alena Kanysheva

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
If you train with a team full of Quadsters, you cannot hold yourself back, can you?

It is probably easier to learn a quad at Khrustalniy than in any of the other rinks at the moment, they have a hard time keeping up, LOL.
But the other Moscow rinks are teaching quads to their skaters too, aren't they?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Happy birthday Alena!

Can she skate seniors in 2020-21 season?

She can (she will reach 15 before the 1st of july). But it is too soon to say whether she will. Also there will be always somebody who will try to change the rules about rising the age for seniors.

Azikin

Medalist
We'll see. I can't wait to see her in the upcoming season. She used to be a bit boring to watch (at least for me) but i expect the Eteri factor will definitely change that.. Lilbet is the best example of such a change.. ;)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘m looking forward to what Alena can do under her new coach. She has great basics, beautiful skating skills, spins and correct technique on jumps. Her programs this season also were lovely and her packaging was great. I still love the FS and especially the beautiful dress, both are favourites of mine this season. :luv17: She could be a bit more expressive, though and engage with the audience more. I think a lot of this will come with time but it will definitely be interesting to see Eteri‘s approach to that. In the later half of the season she struggled with consistency, so that‘s the main area they should tackle, imo, as it cost her a trip to Junior Worlds.

Pracygr

On the Ice
Honestly I don't see this move as falling out with her old coach over any incident but more as Alena and her family deciding to take a more aggressive approach to her career. I'm sure they want to avoid falling into a Gubanova situation where all the skating skills in the world can't save you from being overlooked because you came up through a small camp with no political power, where your best junior years are wasted without being able to build up the reputation to successfully transition to seniors. Even if nothing else changes from what she would've gotten from Panova, she will likely gain some more consistency, and just the fact that she is in Eteri's camp will bring her more attention/consideration from the fed and internationally. Even being Eteri's #4 junior brings more attention than being #1 in a smaller group because of Eteri's reputation of bringing up the best juniors. And she is far better than being Eteri's #4.
It's really not that simple. First of all Panova had no problem seeing Sotskova through her junior and into her senior career. Sotskova changed coaches in her first senior season, but she was already set at that point. Second, Eteri skaters don't get any free rides either. Huge scores locally only start happening after huge scores internationally.

Panova did an admirable job with a number of skaters. She and her team do pay attention to all aspects and cultivate good fundamentals. And to that end Alena has grown into a good junior skater. However the reality of current situation is that being just good is not enough. To emerge among many capable peers you need to go above and beyond. This is what Tutberidze is known for. For polishing and streamlining every little detail and leaving nothing to chance. For digging deep into each skater's ability and finding something extra special that can differentiate they from the rest.

And finally, Alena going to Khrustalny is not like abandoning your parental nest and going into the wild. It's actually more like homecoming. After all Alena started at Khrustalny with the same coach that brought up Shcherbakova, Akatieva, and Usacheva (Oksana Bulycheva). It's not only Panova that Alena has to thank for her good fundamentals.

Tere19

Rinkside
It's really not that simple. First of all Panova had no problem seeing Sotskova through her junior and into her senior career. Sotskova changed coaches in her first senior season, but she was already set at that point. Second, Eteri skaters don't get any free rides either. Huge scores locally only start happening after huge scores internationally.

Panova did an admirable job with a number of skaters. She and her team do pay attention to all aspects and cultivate good fundamentals. And to that end Alena has grown into a good junior skater. However the reality of current situation is that being just good is not enough. To emerge among many capable peers you need to go above and beyond. This is what Tutberidze is known for. For polishing and streamlining every little detail and leaving nothing to chance. For digging deep into each skater's ability and finding something extra special that can differentiate they from the rest.

And finally, Alena going to Khrustalny is not like abandoning your parental nest and going into the wild. It's actually more like homecoming. After all Alena started at Khrustalny with the same coach that brought up Shcherbakova, Akatieva, and Usacheva (Oksana Bulycheva). It's not only Panova that Alena has to thank for her good fundamentals.

Who is oksana bulycheva ????do many good skaters and i dont know her .
Did panova said something about Alena after they broke up the student / coach relationship?
Will Alena be in juniors competition next year?