2 Italian skaters die in car accident | Golden Skate

2 Italian skaters die in car accident

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
So sad ! The first cousins Ginevra Barra Bajetto, 17 years and Gioia Virginia Casciani, 9 years lost their lives in a car accident going home from a competition in Merano (Italy) last 27th October 2017. Both mothers (they are twin sisters) are seriously injured too. (More information, article, video of the two talented figure skaters _the bright future of Italian figure skating_ searching at : www.lastampa.it (in Italian))

Danibellerika

Medalist
I'm so sorry to hear that. So sad, they had their whole lives ahead of them. I hope their mothers are able to recover but my heart goes out to them.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Tragic accidents are always so sad but when children are involved it breaks your heart even more. :(

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hugs and prayers to their families. A family's worst nightmare. :sad4:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Honestly don't know what to say. It is just too tragic to comprehend.

I cannot even begin to imagine what that poor family is going through.

Another Italian skater, Francesca Zazza, made a tribute video for them and posted it on Facebook. And it was heartbreaking to watch. Two young girls so full of life. And so close. It had me welling up big time.

My thoughts go out to their family and friends.

CaroLiza_fan

sarama

Medalist
It is devastating when people (especially this young) die just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't know if their mothers will indeed survive, but in case they do, I'm not sure they could ever recover from something like this.