More SC modeling pics | Page 4 | Golden Skate

More SC modeling pics

Linny

Final Flight
Jenny Kirk

My own thinking on Jenny Kirk has to do with her strength and stamina and her lovely slender figure.... think there is any possibility that the two are tied?
Linny

gezando

Final Flight
Linny said:
My own thinking on Jenny Kirk has to do with her strength and stamina and her lovely slender figure.... think there is any possibility that the two are tied?
Linny

I think she is always working on her strength, it is a tough balance. She sustained a hip injury a while back, and I am sure it is a tight titration of working and strengthening the hip without reinjuring it. She is very slender, so she may have to work on building up a bit.

It is encouraging to hear Congemi's comment that she has good skating skills and covers the ice well

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Mathman said:
Hey, what does LA have that Michigan doesn't?...Um, never mind.
I'll tell you what it has...an awful lot of beach volleyball...especially the part of it where she's living.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Piel said:
I think it's one of those comments along the lines of good posture or nice personality. Frank's way of not saying she will never win a world title. BTW that is NOT my opinion. I like Jenny and don't think she has peaked yet.

Yeah, I got the same sense when I read the article.

btw, is the guy, refered to as Ken in article, who trains her at afternoon session the coach of Evan Lysacek ? Why mine impression it was Ken who worked with her in jump?

NorthernLite

On the Ice
:D Somewhere on page 4 this thread turned wacky enough to qualify for an FSU thread. ;) [But remember, before this place goes any more FSUish, it's OK to like Russian AND American culture.]

I'm glad someone else brought up Frank's comments about Jenny. I too thought they were sort of neutral, at best. Hmmm.

And Mathman, if only she had asked us all the cool things to do in Day-twah & MI, eh?

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mathman said:
If only, if only. :cry: But at least I got to meet her at Skate America two years ago!
Math, if I remember correctly, didn't she and Michelle go cruising in your truck with you?

Dee

gezando

Final Flight
NorthernLite said:
:D Somewhere on page 4 this thread turned wacky enough to qualify for an FSU thread. ;) [But remember, before this place goes any more FSUish, it's OK to like Russian AND American culture.]
I like the global village culture.

Oh well since you mentioned FSUish here it goes:

How well do Americans understand classical music and do the people in Russia rip off businesses?

Sorry I can't resist.

Red Dog I am so glad that MM showed you tremendous support :D :laugh:

MM's example should help others to come out ..... OK here it goes, I am a closet junk food fan

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Addition to Idleracer's answer. You forgot earthquakes. :laugh:

Wish I knew how to put the quotes in my posts.

gezando

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
Honestly, I don't get your motive behind this. :confused:

Motive? That is a bit too serious. All I did was possibly misunderstood that you are a Cohen fan (and I am not alone in this thread) Honestly I don't understand why you have such a strong reaction and post the :mad: :mad: in your reply. No one accused you as a horse thief OK.

And since MM issued the edict "stop picking on Red Dog" so obviously (at least obvious to me) he is giving you support.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
Motive? That is a bit too serious. All I did was possibly misunderstood that you are a Cohen fan (and I am not alone in this thread) Honestly I don't understand why you have such a strong reaction and post the :mad: :mad: in your reply. No one accused you as a horse thief OK.

And since MM described that as "picking on" you, so obviously (at least obvious to me) he is giving you support.

This is far from the first time that certain people have called me a Sasha fan (some even used it as a derogatory term), and not being her fan, it has gotten to me over time. Sorry if I overreacted to your comment, as I thought you were one of those people.

Hopefully we can move on now. :)

Grgranny said:
Addition to Idleracer's answer. You forgot earthquakes. :laugh:

Wish I knew how to put the quotes in my posts.
Hi GrGranny.

To put in a quote, here are three ways.

1. To quote another person's post, click on "quote" at the bottom of that person's post. This will open the reply dialogue box, and the person's quote will be already there at the top. Then you can type whatever you want in response. If you just want to quote part of the person's post, you can highlight and "cut" the part that you don't want.

2. Open a "reply" window. At the top, click on Enhanced Mode (you may already have this feature on). That activates your buttons for Font, Size, Color, Bold (B), Italics (I) and Underline (U). Also, the one at the extreme right of the row, that looks like a square "talk balloon" in a comic strip, is "quote." Click on that, and the designation "quote" will come up. Then you can copy and paste the passage that you want to quote. (Scroll down the page to see all the previous posts, to find the lines that you want to copy.) Or just type it in.

Afterwards, click on "Close all tags" at the top right.

3. Just type [*quote], then put in the lines that you want to quote, then type [*/quote] at the end. (Remove the asterisks. I put them in so that you could see these commands. Otherwise you would just have seen a quote here.)

If you want to try it out in the "Testing Folder," I can see what you actually typed and help you out if it didn't work (using my vast Moderator powers, LOL).

Mathman:)

PS. Tip. After you close a quote with the command [/quote], start writing the next sentence immediately after. The vBoard software will automatically skip a line and start a new paragraph. If you skip a line after closing the quote, there will be a space of three lines altogether between the end of the quote and your message.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
gezando said:
Motive? That is a bit too serious. All I did was possibly misunderstood that you are a Cohen fan......... No one accused you as a horse thief OK.

Hold on just a minute there. Are you suggesting that a littlle horse stealing is worse than being Sasha Fan? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: