More SC modeling pics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

More SC modeling pics

IDLERACER

Medalist
NansXOXOX said:
Idle, The "tall guy" is Evan Lysacek. Nan
Oh, so that one is Evan Lysacek. I wonder who the shorter one with blond hilights in his hair is...Besides him and Goebel, Who's another famous guy that Frank Carroll works with?

gezando

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
Oh, so that one is Evan Lysacek.

When was that picture with Lysacek and Goebel taken? Where is Jenny Kirk. LOL, according to the latest LA Times article on Kirk

Evan Lysacek, the world junior men's silver medalist, whom she calls a close friend, was studying with Carroll and Congemi, but Kirk said she moved for her sake, not his.

Have you seen Jenny yet with all those HealthS visits?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Ok, I have to ask. What does the word scurry mean. I never heard of it before except to use it as in a hurry.

IDLERACER

Medalist
gezando said:
When was that picture with Lysacek and Goebel taken? Where is Jenny Kirk. LOL, according to the latest LA Times article on Kirk. Have you seen Jenny yet with all those HealthS visits?
My guess is that Frank must work with her early in the morning. I've only been there in the afternoon, when he's working with Goebel, Mok, Khale, Lysacek, and some shorter guy with blond hilights in his hair, that up until now, I thought was Lysacek...It shows you how much attention I pay to men's figure skating. Now that I know that Lysacek is the tall one with the dark hair, I'm going to try and figure out who the short guy is (I know I've seen him on TV, I just can't remember his name).

IDLERACER

Medalist
I find this quote from Frank Carroll to be quite revealing:
"I think she's an extremely beautiful girl. I think she has movie-star looks. She has a beautiful visual picture about her, and that's exquisite."
Hmm. I wonder if this means he wouldn't work with an ugly skater, even if she were capable of cleanly landing a quadruple axel every time.

gezando

Final Flight
Idle according to the article, she trains with Congemi in the afternoon, so who is Congemi? You may want to try HealthS some afternoons.

Congemi, who conducts her afternoon lessons and usually focuses on jumping techniques, said the sport's new and more precise scoring system should work in her favor.

He said she had the potential for top-three finishes or better if she pulled everything together.

"Now, it's about point total, not placement, and I think that will help someone like Jennifer because of how good her skating skills are, the way she covers the ice, the way she can relate to music," he said. "There are skaters that go out there and just do a jump or do a spin, and it's one that can incorporate and skate, really get into the ice, that will do well. I certainly like that about Jennifer. She can cover the ice and be beautiful while doing these difficult tricks."

At 5-1, with a slender build and a ballerina's grace, Kirk has a classic look that judges love.

She is only 5 ft 1 inch, she looks much taller than that.

fanforlady2001 said:
Its ok (for you) to be a big fan of Sasha's Red dog

:laugh: ;) :D :laugh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
fanforlady2001 said:
Its ok to be a big fan of Sasha's Red dog, she a fantastic skater and a beautiful person. :love:

Well duh, I know it's ok to be a fan of hers (or any other skater for that matter). Problem is, I'm not.

:rolleye:

ETA: I really don't understand where all this stuff is coming from. Matter of fact, I don't even remember saying that I like her. Maybe recently I've posted more stuff about her than other skaters. There has just been more info about her that I chose to share. Maybe that was a bad thing to do. :mad: Rest assured, I am really not a SC fan. Yes, Really.

From now on I'm not starting any more threads re. Sasha. That's it. I'm tired of being put on the defensive here.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:
I find this quote from Frank Carroll to be quite revealing:

Hmm. I wonder if this means he wouldn't work with an ugly skater, even if she were capable of cleanly landing a quadruple axel every time.

I think it's one of those comments along the lines of good posture or nice personality. Frank's way of not saying she will never win a world title. BTW that is NOT my opinion. I like Jenny and don't think she has peaked yet.

pipsqueak

Rinkside
Frank Carroll hidden message

Piel: Do you know Frank Carroll? I believe you are correct in your assumptions about his comments. It really is one of his "ways"......and I do not share the sentiment, either. The passage of time can make one near-sighted.

I got that vibe, too, Piel and Pipsqueak. And just before Idle's quote Carroll says:

"It's fine to be pretty, and it's fine to improve your technique and what you're doing, but the real test of someone is getting in shape enough to do a program twice [without rest], and that can be a very ugly part. So far we have not ventured into that realm."

Jenny's stamina and resolve has always been an issue. Jenny says about her switch from Richard Callaghan,

""I also wanted to be with a coach that really works on technique. And Mr. Callaghan is a great trainer. He was awesome at getting me to do my programs and getting me in really good shape for events, but I think we never established really good communication between the two of us. And I never felt really comfortable at the rink and happy to skate. So I knew that it was time."

Getting me to do my programs?

Anyway, it seems like Jenny's enjoying live in LA. She says,

"There's not a lot to do in Michigan," said Kirk, a native of Newton, Mass. "There's basically go to the rink and go to the gym and go to the mall, and I felt like I needed more."

Hey, what does LA have that Michigan doesn't?...Um, never mind.

Mathman

PS. OK everybody, stop picking on Red Dog. My name is Mathman and I am a Sasha fan!

gezando

Final Flight
Frank's way of not saying she will never win a world title

My mind is too slow, "not" and "never" are two negatives, that means Frank is saying Jenny will win a world title?

Mathman said:
everybody, stop picking on

Are you sure you are not the one who is doing the picking on? No one was picking on RD, it was most likely a misunderstanding. The esteem moderator MM, (now I am shaking and trembling) no one accused RD as a horse thief OK

My name is Mathman and I am a Sasha fan!

By using bold letters are you (j/k)

1. working on your 12 steps Yuka addcition?

2. Coming out of the Sasha (by "Sasha" do you mean Sasha Cohen, Abt,or Zuhlin) closet? If you are, then it is neat for you to take the initiatiation. I imagine that will encourage other closet fans to take the courage for the first step. No need for the denial :laugh:

what does LA have that Michigan doesn't?...Um, never mind.

1. Evan Lysacek

2. Not a black out on her birthday. Remember she spent her 19th birthday last year in the massive blackout. That is OK Jenny girl, character building
LA has a Volvo dealership to replace her dead car battery. AT least she does not have to spend her 20th birthday in the dark. Although this too is character building. It is such a joy to watch Jenny grow up and learn to solve problems, deal with the press etc LOL "Evan is just a close friend"

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
:rolleye: And sometimes a post is just a post.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
pipsqueak said:
Piel: Do you know Frank Carroll? I believe you are correct in your assumptions about his comments. It really is one of his "ways"......and I do not share the sentiment, either. The passage of time can make one near-sighted.

Yes, after my third husband Elvis died I was married to Frank for 3 hours. ;)

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Mathman said:
OK everybody, stop picking on Red Dog. My name is Mathman and I am a Sasha fan!

(everyone all together)

HELLO MATHMAN!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Yes, that's why we don't use our real names :D

Last edited: