Forklift Operator Certificate - Taking Test This Weekend Wish Me Luck | Golden Skate

Forklift Operator Certificate - Taking Test This Weekend Wish Me Luck

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well gang, you won't believe this, but in order to put my name in for a posting that is coming up in the bookstore at work - it's a warehouse clerk position - I have to have a Forklift certificate!!! So this weekend, I am taking the training. I passed my written test today. Tomorrow is the test on the Forklift!!! I drove our forklift at work a couple of days ago. It's a small vehical, but still the thought of moving loads around is scaring me!!! Hope I pass! Wish me luck.

PS - I am the only female in the class!!!
:eek:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Wow, that's totally cool............best of luck, Lad........42

JOHIO2

Medalist
Good luck on your test, Lad.

If Canada is politically correct, being the only female is a big advantage in getting the job.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Thanks guys!!! I did okay on the theory, but need more practice on the actual forklift maneuvering. I did not pass my practical test today :sheesh: - anyway, I can practice at work and take the test again. Thanks for your support!!!!

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Lad,

I was in a similar position that you are in...the only female operating a forklift. Just have faith in yourself and your ability. You will do just fine. Operating a forklift is different, but you will get the hang of it!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cute Lad!! We have several of the ladies where I work who operate forklifts. They are ladylike like you too. I guess I say that because that's how I visualize you as being very lady like.

We had a thread a while back where Kara Bear, Math and I were posting pictures of people of how we visualize them. It was fun and funny!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
Cute Lad!! We have several of the ladies where I work who operate forklifts. They are ladylike like you too. I guess I say that because that's how I visualize you as being very lady like.

We had a thread a while back where Kara Bear, Math and I were posting pictures of people of how we visualize them. It was fun and funny!! :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Yes, I am very lady like, indeed. As a matter of fact, when taking the course I was more concerned about getting grease on my jacket than learning to change the darn gas cylinder!!!!!

I hope you'll get the hang of it!
My husband has operated a forklift for his job for over 20 years now.
He says there is a big difference between the gas and battery operated ones...I forget which, but one moves a lot faster than the other and is easier to make mistakes/have accidents with.