Surprise Olympic Medal Podium | Golden Skate

Surprise Olympic Medal Podium

fredtx121

On the Ice
Hypothetically speaking, if all the top single skaters in the Men's and Ladies event were not able to compete do to injury or other reasons, who would be your Olympic Medalists? (Skaters who have never won a Olympic or senior world medal in a individual event, not team event) We had a glimpse of this at this year's NHK trophy in the men's event which was very refreshing to see.

Men's

Gold - Jason Brown
Silver- Misha Ge
Bronze Sergei Voronov

Ladies

Gold- Wakaba Higuchi
Silver- Karen Chen
Bronze- Elizabet Tursynbaeva

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Are you trying to jinx Jason or something? :laugh: I don't think anyone is putting Jason near a podium after NHK Trophy, depleted field or not.

That said, I don't expect a depleted field for the Olympics, but I think there could surprise medalists. Kolyada and Voronov are dark horses to me.

fredtx121

On the Ice
Are you trying to jinx Jason or something? :laugh: I don't think anyone is putting Jason near a podium after NHK Trophy, depleted field or not.

That said, I don't expect a depleted field for the Olympics, but I think there could surprise medalists. Kolyada and Voronov are dark horses to me.

Haha-- yeh Jason is more of a wishful thinking scenario. You're right Kolyada is a dark horse and may actually be a surprise Bronze this year with all athletes present

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think a medal is out of the question for Wakaba as it stands. She's got everything (except for Eteri as a coach!). I definitely think that these kind of "wish" posts are a good way to jinx your favorites, though. Just making it to Korea would be a massive accomplishment for Sergei after the Russian fed did him wrong at the last 2 Olys.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Hypothetically speaking, if all the top single skaters in the Men's and Ladies event were not able to compete do to injury or other reasons, who would be your Olympic Medalists? (Skaters who have never won a Olympic or senior world medal in a individual event, not team event) We had a glimpse of this at this year's NHK trophy in the men's event which was very refreshing to see.

Men's

Gold - Jason Brown
Silver- Misha Ge
Bronze Sergei Voronov

I LOVE YOU :love::luv17::love:

Are you trying to jinx Jason or something? :laugh: I don't think anyone is putting Jason near a podium after NHK Trophy, depleted field or not..

Isn't it the purpose of this thread? Just for fun... after all, ice is slippery, anything can happen :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I LOVE YOU :love::luv17::love:

Isn't it the purpose of this thread? Just for fun... after all, ice is slippery, anything can happen :p

NHK Trophy is still pretty raw. The idea of a surprise podium seem really really distant now and I hate jinxing skaters! :p

That said, I don't think crazy things like what some mentioned above isn't completely out of the question. :drama:

Last edited:

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
NHK Trophy is still pretty raw. The idea of a surprise podium seem really really distant now and I hate jinxing skaters! :p

That said, I don't think crazy things like what some mentioned above isn't completely out of the question. :drama:

Well, I guess we fans all jinxed at NHK by wishing him a gold, which seemed realistic enough :palmf: perhaps we will be pardoned for dreaming of an OGM as it seems far fetched enough!!! ;) Let's just feign that we are just having a crazy impossible dream :biggrin:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
It's hard to answer this since people might have different opinions about who is a top skater and who is not.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well.. that doesn't leave much room to make canadians win anything...

so let's go with

dance gold for piper and paul

pairs gold for seguin and bilodeau

men's gold for keegan

and ladies gold for alaine...

:devil:

charlotte14

Medalist
Men: uncle podium
Hanyu - gold / Silver - Chan / Bronze - Fernandez

Ladies: aunties podium
Kostner - Gold / Silver - Osmond / Bronze - Wagner