Nathan, Patrick, Javi - both SP and FS.

Yuzuru - FS
Boyang - SP

Can I just pick everyone? lol

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
For me, a skater's performance of a program and the program itself kind of meld together. The most memorable for me personally of those I've seen so far this season are Liam Firus's FS and Denis Ten's SP. Others that created that extra special moment for me:

SP:
Javi
Han Yan
Mikhail Kolyada
Sergei Voronov
Jason Brown (hi Mrs. P :biggrin:)

FS:
Peter Liebers
Ross Miner
Sergei Voronov
Han Yan
Misha Ge
ETA: Shoma Uno!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
For me, a skater's performance of a program and the program itself kind of meld together. The most memorable for me personally of those I've seen so far this season are Liam Firus's FS and Denis Ten's SP. Orhers that created that extra special moment for me:

SP:
Javi
Han Yan
Mikhail Kolyada
Sergei Voronov
Jason Brown (hi Mrs. P :biggrin:)

FS:
Peter Liebers
Ross Minor
Sergei Voronov
Han Yan
Misha Ge

Hi back. :biggrin: We're opposite people.....:). I like Jason's SP, but it's not my favorite -- my favorite Jason SP is like from 2012. I do love the costume, but it's not "favorite men's costumes." LOL. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in person at nationals.

I feel the same about Han Yan's programs. I like them, but not enough to put them on the faves list yet. Maybe he'll persuade me at SkAm. :)

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hi back. :biggrin: We're opposite people.....:). I like Jason's SP, but it's not my favorite -- my favorite Jason SP is like from 2012. I do love the costume, but it's not "favorite men's costumes." LOL. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in person at nationals.

I feel the same about Han Yan's programs. I like them, but not enough to put them on the faves list yet. Maybe he'll persuade me at SkAm. :)

Yeah, I recall that you weren't exactly sold on Jason's SP yet.;) But I love it, both for its uniqueness and Jason's obvious excitement and commitment to performing it. I have faith that you'll change your mind after seeing it live at Nationals.:laugh: I do think Jason's FS is beautiful too, but I guess I need to see a little better outing of it before putting it on my faves list. I hope it will get there by Nationals!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah, I recall that you weren't exactly sold on Jason's SP yet.;) But I love it, both for its uniqueness and Jason's obvious excitement and commitment to performing it. I have faith that you'll change your mind after seeing it live at Nationals.:laugh: I do think Jason's FS is beautiful too, but I guess I need to see a little better outing of it before putting it on my faves list. I hope it will get there by Nationals!

That's the funny thing -- I have surprisingly watched the NHK FS like multiple times, as if he skated it clean. The stuff outside the major jump errors is still pretty captivating. But yes, I hope to see a better outing of it by Nationals too.

I actually really like Sergei's SP too, but my SP list was getting long. I might put it on there pretty soon anyway.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan has such a gorgeous LP that will create THE Olympic moment if he skates it well

I really want to believe this.

I am ready to see how much this program has progressed at SkAm.

It has the makings of something spectacular, but the question remains: Can he deliver on something this elegant and nuanced and still bring the big jumps?

If he can, he could be Olympic champion.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Have had major problems at getting excited about programs this year... Too much bland and overused music, repeats, etc.

However, there are two above everything else: Granddaddy Javier Fernández's SP and FS. Thinking of combination of techinical difficulty, intricate choreo, storylines, seamless connection between music, movement and lyrics in both of them. Grenoble SP was fantastic to watch and in the practice the FS looked a whole lot better than what it has appeared in competition.

Nathan Chen's SP and FS look quite good, SP more so.
Kevin Aymoz's SP and FS - his last year's program was obviously inspiration for Nathan Chen's SP this year... But these looked good in Grenoble as he had most of his jumps.

E

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
SP
Nathan Chen
Boyang Jin
Denis Ten
Han Yan
Shoma Uno

FS
Javier Fernandez
Nathan Chen
Adam Rippon - I'm usually not into recycled programs even if they were great, but this is different
Misha Ge

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
SP

-Yuzuru Hanyu: I don't care that it's a threepeat, it's simply a masterpiece
-Mikhail Kolyada: it really shows his strengths

LP

-Adam Rippon: love the music, love the interpretation
-Nathan Chen: a great style for him, it really suits him
-Han Yan: loved it at CoC!
-Yuzuru Hanyu: again, I don't care that it's a repeat, I want to see it on the Olympic stage (Yuzu pls be healthy)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Chen's got my favourite programs of this season - really avant garde and unexpected... and he's managed to put quads in there without disrupting the performance.

Uno's SP is really enjoyable to watch too... great skating in general and a different take on Four Seasons that we're used to seeing.

Chan has one of the best freeskates, but I don't quite think it's one of HIS best freeskates -- not yet at least.

Ge's FS was absolutely lovely to watch. It's a shame he doesn't have a couple quads because he could challenge for the podium with his artistry and performance ability. Brown's FS is exquisite too and the same thing re: Ge about the shame about the lack of quads.

Grin

Medalist
SP
Kolyada
Fernandez

Yuzu SP is a masterpiece, but I'm not a fan of repeats

FS
Yuzu
Aliev

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Short Programs:

Nathan Chen - Benjamin Clementine's "Nemesis" is an inspired, unexpected choice that brings out his voice as an artist, especially in the footwork sequence.
Shoma Uno - Vivaldi's Winter has been done many times, but the way he lets his edges emphasize the phrasing of the music is exquisite.
Alexei Bychenko - His spirit really comes alive to the Jewish folk music, in stark contrast to his Vesti La Giubba free.
Patrick Chan - Another inspired choice in "Dust in the Wind" where he brings strength and speed to a calm, somber song.
Javier Fernandez - Love how he flutters between being classic and romantic, serious and comedic, throughout the routine.

Long Programs:

Misha Ge - Brilliant, elegant artist that's woefully undermarked in PCS.
Adam Rippon - Wonderful, exquisite repeat of his Birds program with elevated content.
Liam Firus - Like his interpretation of "La La Land" and his quad toes have been more consistent.
Nathan Chen - Musically interesting choice of Mao's Last Dancer. The sections with "Rite of Passage" and the ending could be elevated, but it's on the right track.
Jason Brown - His musicality and interpretation are phenomenal, but he needs to keep it together with the jumps.
Mikhail Kohlyada - Honestly, I'm just glad he's doing something outside of his typical wheelhouse and he has elevated his jump content. His Elvis program suits him well and brings out his personality better than I've seen it before.