Best Lutz Jumps of 2017 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best Lutz Jumps of 2017

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I was going to say Carolina Kostner but oh wait. :laugh:

The shaaaaade. :laugh:

Kolyada's is definitely the best lutz this season hands down. There were definitely not steps preceding it (should have been 0's across the board in the SP, and +3s in a free skate), but that doesn't discount the fact that it was an amazing jump.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I like, in no particular order:
Kolyada
Samarin

Tarakanova
Trusova
Tsurskaya
Araki (my favorite Japanese skater after Satoko and Wakaba!)

On another note, can we please agree to not link to "Koola King" videos?? She's such a hater, in my humble opinion.
Even after Adelina's suspicions were lifted, she said that that was a lie and that Adelina was cheating. (?!) But of course she would...

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
I love this thread! I can't come up with any ideas that aren't already listed here but I'm loving these videos, especially the Lutz heard round the world!
Why is Samarin called Lord Samarin? Is this a lord of the rings reference?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Deniss Vasiljevs got +2 from all but one judge (1.4 GOE overall) for his 3Z-3T from NHK Trophy SP.

This is really a fun thread!

moriel

Record Breaker
The shaaaaade. :laugh:

Kolyada's is definitely the best lutz this season hands down. There were definitely not steps preceding it (should have been 0's across the board in the SP, and +3s in a free skate), but that doesn't discount the fact that it was an amazing jump.

Yep, and since we are here for jumps, and not for steps =D
We shall freely enjoy the awesomeness of the supreme Lutz

moriel

Record Breaker
Some high GOE lutzes from the GPs so far (i could have messed something out)

Men
Nathan Chen FS Rostelecom 4Lz+3T +2.0
Vincent Zhou FS CoC 4Lz+3T +2.0
Alexander Samarin FS SK 4Lz +2.0
Vincent Zhou SP CoC 4Lz+3T +1.86
Nathan Chen SP Rostelecom 4Lz+3T +1.57
Mikhail Kolyada SP CoC 4Lz +1.57
Jason Brown SP SK 3Lz 1.6
Patrick Chan SP SK 3Lz 1.5
Mikhail Kolyada FS Rostelecom 3Lz+1Lo+3S +1.4
Deniss Vasiljevs SP NHK 3Lz+3T +1.4
Mikhail Kolyada FS CoC 3Lz+2T +1.3
Keegan Messing FS NHK 3Lz +1.3
Mikhail Kolyada FS CoC 3Lz+1Lo+3S +1.2
Han Yan FS CoC 3Lz +1.2
Adam Rippon FS CoC 3Lz +1.2
Yuzuru Hanyu 4Lz +1.14

Ladies
Kaetlyn Osmond SP SK 3Lz +1.7 (and this is what is wrong with you Canada)
Kaetlyn Osmond FS SK 3Lz +1.7 (and please dont talk of Medvedeva, she gets less goe for hers and does just one, not 2 like some people)
Polina Tsurskaya FS NHK 3Lz+3T +1.4
Evgenia Medvedeva FS Rostelecom 3Lz +1.3
Polina Tsurskaya SP NHK 3Lz+3T +1.2
Wakaba Higuchi FS CoC 3Lz+3T +1.2 (second half one)
Mai Mihara FS CoC 3Lz+3T +1.2
Elena Radionova FS CoC 3Lz+3T +1.2
Polina Tsurskaya FS NHK 3Lz +1.2
Alina Zagitova FS CoC 3Lz+3Lo +1.1
Anna Pogorilaya SP SK 3Lz+3T +1.0

- - - Updated - - -

Off: sorry but could not hold a sarcastic comment

zounger

Medalist
The best Lutzes in the world from Ladies these days come from Tuktamysheva and Karen Chen.

It's actually funny to see how off the scoring is, this Lutz from Tuktamysheva barely got +1 GOE from the judges - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdhvOm1qEQ&t=1m37s

I would add Tsurskaya as well to the similar technic quality of a Lutz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qy2nr-vuaY.

Chen's and Polina's have great ice coverage but Liza's is more explosive vertically.

Globetrotter

Medalist
Best lutz for the men = Han Yan, straight up upon picking, little pre-rotation, good edge. CoC 2017 FS
Best lutz for the ladies = Liza Tuks, chocktaw transition entry, true outside edge, great height and good distance. CoC 2017 SP

Other honorable mentions: PChan SC 2017 SP (lovely flow and edge), Polina Tsurskaya CoC 2017 SP + FS (nice delayed rotation and height, but overall technique not as textbook as Liza Tuks though)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I would add Tsurskaya as well to the similar technic quality of a Lutz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qy2nr-vuaY.

Chen's and Polina's have great ice coverage but Liza's is more explosive vertically.

The size of Tsurskaya's Lutz is great but her takeoff technique, air position, and landing are all less impressive. I'm really happy you posted that video, because you can clearly see the more turned takeoff and scratchier landing in the video (and also partially the more awkward upper body at the start), great evidence!