04/05 Canadian television schedule? | Golden Skate

04/05 Canadian television schedule?

rain

Record Breaker
The Grand Prix series will be starting soon and I have no idea what the Canadian TV schedule looks like for events this season. Is it still CBC doing the broadcasting (I ask hopefully)? I took a look at the American TV schedule posted below and it really doesn't help me at all since I don't get ESPN which is where it looks like most of the comps will be broadcast in the U.S., so I'm desperately hoping a Canadian network is picking up this stuff too. I'd really appreciate it if someone could post what the schedule is, or where I could find it.

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
CBC should be airing Holiday Festival On Ice during that same time period on Christmas day... I guess they want to give a little competition to CBC. I'll be watching Holiday and taping the gala.

rain

Record Breaker
sweetlilnothing said:
CBC for skating has on it's plate the gp events from Japan, Russia and France. Four Continents, Jr Worlds and Sr Worlds.

From what I gather CTV/TSN still has the contract for Skate Canada and Nationals.

http://www.tsn.ca/figure_skating/feature.asp?fid=2865 (okay so I found the SC schedule....the gala on Christmas? :confused: )

Thanks so much for your reply.....A couple more questions....Is CBC doing the Grand Prix Final? Also, what about Skate America? And do you have any idea when CBC will be airing the events from Japan, Russia and France?

sweetlilnothing

Rinkside
From the press release on the their site it doesn't have any mention of either Skate America, Cup of China or the GPF.

Also they will be showing at some point

Gotta Skate
Holiday Festival On Ice
Canadian Stars On Ice
B/E's farewell show

It seems like we will be getting a good chunk of skating on TV :)