Everett, Wash. to host 2018 Skate America | Golden Skate

Everett, Wash. to host 2018 Skate America

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=91035&type=media

U.S. Figure Skating announced the selection of XFINITY Arena in Everett, Washington as the host for the 2018 Skate America, Oct. 19-21, 2018. The international event will be the first of six stops on the International Skating Union (ISU) Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series.

The competition will mark a return of Skate America to Everett for the first time since 2008 when it set an all-time Skate America attendance record that still stands today. In addition to hosting sporting, concerts and other types of performances, the arena hosts the Everett Silvertips, a franchise in the Western Hockey League. Tickets for Skate America will go on sale next year.

Dang, 2018-2019 should be called the West Coast international season - SkAm in Seattle area (Everett is about 30 miles north ) , GPF in Vancouver, B.C. and 4CC in Anaheim, Calif. Nuts!

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
BTW, 2018 Team Challenge Cup has been cancelled, per the ISU site.

2018 TCC originally had been listed on the 2017-18 ISU calendar as a USA-hosted event, with a location of TBD.

The cancellation is not much of a surprise, IMO.
I never thought it made sense to hold TCC in the same year as the Olympic team event.

Sorry for going off topic.
I am using the 2016 TCC location of Spokane as a tenuous :hopelessness: excuse to latch onto this thread.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Whoo, finally a competition in my home state :cheer: and the GPF is so close too. I'd love to go to both :)

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Whoo, finally a competition in my home state :cheer: and the GPF is so close too. I'd love to go to both :)

Me too. Wanna car pool. ;)

It would be cool to go to Anaheim--but man, I'm not sure I have the budget/vacation time to do all three.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Me too. Wanna car pool. ;)

It would be cool to go to Anaheim--but man, I'm not sure I have the budget/vacation time to do all three.

That would be awesome! :agree:

I probably can't afford to go to all events on the West Coast either unfortunately :(

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Welp, I was already planning to go to GPF, but now I will definitely have to go to Skate America too. Everett is right across the water from me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Welp, I was already planning to go to GPF, but now I will definitely have to go to Skate America too. Everett is right across the water from me.

Want to join the GS carpool for GPF? ;)

Last edited:

lyverbird1

Final Flight
Gah! I would also love to go to both but two 6,000 miles round trips in two months is beyond both budget and will. I will be at the GP Final and am going to get a twin hotel room in the city centre, so if anyone is up for it, spare bed in the room! Got accommodations in mind Mrs. P? :p

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope Coyote Chris sees this announcement soon, and that he'll be able to attend it!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I hope Coyote Chris sees this announcement soon, and that he'll be able to attend it!

(Busy at Pac Coast Secs)
Yahoo! The Trifecta! 4 Conts, GPF and SA Everett! Sorry, Nats, Detroit,....you have just been thrown under the bus....:gaah:
At my advanced age I dont even buy green bananas but hopefully I have the health to make all 3.....
Happy Dance, happy dance! :hap85: :dance2: :yahoo:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gah! I would also love to go to both but two 6,000 miles round trips in two months is beyond both budget and will. I will be at the GP Final and am going to get a twin hotel room in the city centre, so if anyone is up for it, spare bed in the room! Got accommodations in mind Mrs. P? :p

Oh man! I'd be right on that if I had the money! Roomies for the win!

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I was already planning on the GPF but I am definitely going to Skate America too. I live in Portland so I feel like it would be a skating sin not to go!

Manitou

Medalist
Wow, that's a stone throw from me! I am already booking. And with Vancouver hosting the final, are you kidding me??!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Sk Amer is on the west coast, my first thought is who will be skating where. Sk Canada is in Laval, Quebec - 30 miles (?) from Montreal. Makes more sense for me to go there, if there are competitors I'd like to see. Glad the west coasters will get to enjoy some competitions.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
(Busy at Pac Coast Secs)
Yahoo! The Trifecta! 4 Conts, GPF and SA Everett! Sorry, Nats, Detroit,....you have just been thrown under the bus....:gaah:
At my advanced age I dont even buy green bananas but hopefully I have the health to make all 3.....
Happy Dance, happy dance! :hap85: :dance2: :yahoo:

Chris, while you're @ Pacific Coast Sectionals, please cheer your heart out for Sean Rabbitt :love: He has lots of fans who are really pulling for him to make it to US Nationals!