Everett, Wash. to host 2018 Skate America | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Everett, Wash. to host 2018 Skate America

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A little SkateAmerica info

My USFS FOFS contact says to look for SA info soon, maybe in the next month.
I am staying at the Best Western Cascadia Inn. Short walk/Uber ride away and lots of food nearby.
The name of the Arena changes at the drop of a hat but currently is "Angel of the Winds". In 2017 it was Xfinity and before that it was Comcast.
There is a facebook "interested in the event" page.
I was there in 2008, IIRC when they set a record for SA attendance. I expect to see lots of Canadians and Japanese. Easy drive for me over the Cascades on US 2 so I avoid all the Seattle traffic.
Oh, and the Flying heritage museum is only 15 minutes away. ;)
http://www.flyingheritage.com/

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I signed up for updates - I live in Seattle, really wanting to volunteer and rep some hometown pride! Hopefully some others from my SC will want to volunteer as well.

nguyhm

On the Ice
With the exception of the Courtyard Marriott, which is outrageously expensive, the hotels surrounding the arena (Best Western, Travel Lodge) are all booked up :disapp:. I made a reservation at the Embassy Suites in Lynwood, 20 minutes drive away. Any recommendations for something better/closer will be greatly appreciated.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since Sk Amer is on the west coast, my first thought is who will be skating where. Sk Canada is in Laval, Quebec - 30 miles (?) from Montreal. Makes more sense for me to go there, if there are competitors I'd like to see. Glad the west coasters will get to enjoy some competitions.

I'm going to SC since it's closer and cheaper to NY.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION šŸ”„
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm going to SC since it's closer and cheaper to NY.

I went to Sk Can two years in a row and wouldn't mind making it 3! They run good events and the crowds are friendly. Hoping Shoma will be there again.

Boriscat

Spectator
On the 2018skateamerica site, the ticket link is now live. To purchase tickets you must supply the pre-sale code. I signed up months ago to be emailed the presale code. Ugh. I have not received any info about the code. Could someone please post the pre-sale code. Thanks so much. xo

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Pre-sale has started. Code SKAM18 and you can pick your seats.

I have my own special secret squirrel code being an FOFS person but I bought my front row aisle seat in section 101 today. License title tax dealer setup and delivery fee came to $305. Commoners that cant read the forums and or choke out the secret squirrel codes like above in post 28 can buy on line on the 29th.

The process is intellegent. You click on a map of the arena section you want and you can pan all around and see how much each seat will cost. Click on the seat, create a short account, and give them your card number. Boom, Done. I am staying at the Best Western Cascadia.

irriya

On the Ice
I have my own special secret squirrel code being an FOFS person but I bought my front row aisle seat in section 101 today. License title tax dealer setup and delivery fee came to $305. Commoners that cant read the forums and or choke out the secret squirrel codes like above in post 28 can buy on line on the 29th.

The process is intellegent. You click on a map of the arena section you want and you can pan all around and see how much each seat will cost. Click on the seat, create a short account, and give them your card number. Boom, Done. I am staying at the Best Western Cascadia.

the fee is just ridiculously expensive...

AidenAiena

Rinkside

I also used the code from FOFS. I'm front row, aisle in section 107. I booked the Hampton Inn Everett while I was at Skate America in Lake Placid so I will be within walking distance. I've never been to the west coast and would not want to subject the people of Washington to my driving since I haven't driven since Skate America 2016 in Hoffman Estates, and that was the first time I had driven in years.

lovestiger oak

Spectator
the fee is just ridiculously expensive...

I just bought the tickets and agree about the fee. It is not clear to me that the ticket will be good for practice sessions because the ticket office "will be open 2 hours before event." The person was off site so could not answer my question.

Sumireyan

Spectator
I was freaking out last night since I hadn't received a code yet, but was relieved this morning when I got emails from Skate America and AOTW. And then freaked out again as my meeting this morning was going past 10AM. But at least I got a decent seat and just have to deal with the fee and exchange rate sticker shock. :eek:hwell:

With the exception of the Courtyard Marriott, which is outrageously expensive, the hotels surrounding the arena (Best Western, Travel Lodge) are all booked up :disapp:. I made a reservation at the Embassy Suites in Lynwood, 20 minutes drive away. Any recommendations for something better/closer will be greatly appreciated.
The Red Lion is about a 6 minute drive / 15 minute bus ride. My room is about $65US a night. I haven't stayed in a Red Lion for yeeeears, so I'm not sure how it is compared to any other hotel.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Has anyone gotten any volunteering information? I never got an email with a code to buy tickets, even, even though I signed up literally months ago to be on the list. I'd prefer to volunteer but at this rate it's likely I won't even be able to buy tickets.

ETA I realize volunteering info may come later, but they seemed to be grouping the same mailing list together so I'm just confused.

nguyhm

On the Ice
Has anyone gotten any volunteering information? I never got an email with a code to buy tickets, even, even though I signed up literally months ago to be on the list. I'd prefer to volunteer but at this rate it's likely I won't even be able to buy tickets.

ETA I realize volunteering info may come later, but they seemed to be grouping the same mailing list together so I'm just confused.

https://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco...=prmo&RSRC=WEB_PR&RDAT=SKATEAMERICA&caller=PR
The code is SKAM18

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I just bought the tickets and agree about the fee. It is not clear to me that the ticket will be good for practice sessions because the ticket office "will be open 2 hours before event." The person was off site so could not answer my question.

If its any consolation, I have been to over 20 events and I have never seen an all event ticket holder NOT have access to practice. Big bargining chip for them .

- - - Updated - - -

I was freaking out last night since I hadn't received a code yet, but was relieved this morning when I got emails from Skate America and AOTW. And then freaked out again as my meeting this morning was going past 10AM. But at least I got a decent seat and just have to deal with the fee and exchange rate sticker shock. :eek:hwell:

The Red Lion is about a 6 minute drive / 15 minute bus ride. My room is about $65US a night. I haven't stayed in a Red Lion for yeeeears, so I'm not sure how it is compared to any other hotel.

Red Lions are fine IMHO.

AvgeekJoe

On the Ice

Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North. It's right at Paine Field, which should have commercial flights by the time of Skate America. I visit Paine Field most months.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I might be missing info but does anyone know when single event tickets will be released?