Can France have a nice ice rink? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Can France have a nice ice rink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Feel free to host a senior Grand Prix round in Australia, preferably Brisbane as the entertainment centre is up the road from me ;)

Please do. Also, i know Australia is looking to host 4CCs too. They said Melbourne, but i would prefer Brisbane.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No but they at least had amusing pigeons last year, this year nowhere to be seen. What a shame.

Ender

Match Penalty
I am beyond appalled by the organizers. They keep getting more ridiculous each season.

quadrupleaxel15

On the Ice
Are you implying that without the watery ice, Zagitova would not have fallen and would have been higher (even 1st or 2nd), if you are...then i think that is a faulty argument???...Aren't the conditions the same for everyone???..if so, part of being an athlete is adjusting to all conditions, i would think...but i do agree that the ice was bad...

I don't think the ability to skate on water is in the job description :laugh:

But seriously, the girls might have had injured themselves here. Can you imagine how horrible that would be in the Olympic year? We should be glad that none of the falls were that serious.

stella luna

Final Flight
Last year, there was so much water on ice during TEB event.

This year again, on my CBC feed, it shows workers have to push water outside the rink.

What a joke.

I miss Paris. So much glamour ... gone. Sigh. I also worried about the skaters on that wet ice.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
But other than Javier Fernandez, there are not no Spanish figure skaters that are currently active...

Smart/Diaz and Javier Raya are active... not that they are high in the standings, nor are they popular with the general public, but Javier Fernandez isn’t the lone wolf in Spanish figure skating, despite being the big name with the star power.

*shrug* I agree in that I don’t think Spain can sustain a huge competition at this point in time if Javi retires after this season, though.

Wilwarin

On the Ice
It won't be surprise next time French give winners E-medals.:yahoo:

Yes, you could easily print it down at anywhere. It won't even add any weight to the luggage. There should also be a medal App, and skaters can show all their medals to friends and families on their phone.:palmf::palmf:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: The weirdest thing about that rink is that on the opposite side of the Kiss and Cry there's a wall with something written on it, so half the time while watching the skaters perform they'd be jumping or spinning or whatever right under a big sign that appeared to say 'LAME' I was trying to figure out what the rest of it said, but had no luck. Still pretty unfortunate placement...

dailytg20

On the Ice
I feel ashamed of my country now. :(. Worse, Grenoble is where I'm studying *facepalm*.
I can't go to the event because I have to go back to my parents' house this weekend.
FS isnt popular in France but still...
:console: Your country is and always will be awesome. These particular organizers have failed to coordinate the event in a way that reflects the host nation's standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.