Tarasova and Morozov score another victory | Golden Skate

Tarasova and Morozov score another victory

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov of Russia won gold at their first grand prix event of the season at the 2017 Internationaux de France de Patinage in Grenoble, France. France’s Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres took the silver, while Italy’s Nicole Della Monica and Matteo Guarise earned the bronze.

More...

“It was not our best performance,” admitted Morozov. “We made one-and-a-half mistakes. We lost concentration for the second jump and missed it. Overall, I think this program was better and we’ll keep in mind what we need to do better.”
“It was amazing to skate at home,” Cipres said. “It was not easy because they pushed a lot before we skated, and we were nervous. Again, we missed some points on the levels, but we will work on this.”
“It was a hard competition,” confessed Guarise. “I felt the tension in the long program. My legs were shaking from the beginning, but we finished with a smile. This is our first medal in the Grand Prix and we need to be happy with that.”

What are your thoughts on the pairs event?

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I wish Stolbova/Klimov never had that injury 2 years ago. The Russian fed trying to force THIS team on everyone is unforgivable, they do not deserve their scores. There's no connection between these two, a lack of presentation, and little if any interesting movements. They are like a big stale vanilla cake. Their technical elements give them some volume, but there's no taste.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just caught up on the pairs! I really loved Vanessa and Morgan's program it was amazing to watch!

Having said that though, I will defend T/M's free program for the rest of the season! I still love it and think it's super fun! I also think Evgenia and Vladimir have good chemistry, but that's just me I guess. :p

And as a fan of polka-dots I also love the costumes.

But Vanessa and Morgan are definitely on the way up, I'm looking forward to seeing them at the Olympics!

Artemisa

Final Flight
I just caught up on the pairs! I really loved Vanessa and Morgan's program it was amazing to watch!

Having said that though, I will defend T/M's free program for the rest of the season! I still love it and think it's super fun! I also think Evgenia and Vladimir have good chemistry, but that's just me I guess. :p

But Vanessa and Morgan are definitely on the way up, I'm looking forward to seeing them at the Olympics!

I will defend to T/M FS too ... I agree with you .. it's fun, they just fly in the ice ... I think is like they are ...

Winry

On the Ice

I think you choose the good word! It's a funny program
We are used to classic or romantic program, it's refreshing

But thoses costumes... I just can't :slink:

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think if James/Cipres work on their forward inside death spiral and pair combination spin, they can squeeze in some more points. Both show level three in the short program at this event and SC. Here's wishing them luck!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I wish Stolbova/Klimov never had that injury 2 years ago. The Russian fed trying to force THIS team on everyone is unforgivable, they do not deserve their scores. There's no connection between these two, a lack of presentation, and little if any interesting movements. They are like a big stale vanilla cheese cake. Their technical elements give them some volume, but there's no taste.

Fixed. :biggrin: Yeah, I remember really liking this team and their potential and thinking they were undervalued for a while, so it's great to see them rise the ranks, but their programs are just so god awful. And the fact that some people are justifying the tackiness as "personality" is just... wow.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Looking forward for T/M winning Olympic Gold with this program
:ddevil:

They have the potential to win the Olympics. Even with a margin. But just because of that LP, I think some judges will do everything for them not to win, and I won't even complain.

I'm sorry but how can you have your teammates having a program that suits them so well (Carmen, S/K) and you get the yellow dress with the dots and a horrible song ?
Just look at their exhibition, it's enough of an LP for them. They have the chemistry for this type of stuff ! They can do it with the soft romantic style, instead of... this. (Somebody help me understand please)
Now the worst case scenario is for them to have picked this music.

anyanka

Record Breaker
They're clean, elegant, lovely, have great lines, and that quad twist is to die for ... but someone saddled them with that hideous FS, which makes for a great exhibition number but as a competitive routine, they don't look energized or jazzed to perform it, they just look tired at the end of it. I don't know how it'll look stacked up against everyone else's: S/H with that classic Turandot, S/M with their more experimental (and seemingly complexly choreographed) routine, and D/R revamping Muse to make it look energetic and properly paced. We'll see at the GPF. Maybe the judges will determine that the material doesn't matter as long as they can skate.