Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
That's exactly what I was thinking. I really hate this program and she can't perform it convincingly at all. It has these disjointed expression / choreo parts that just seem totally off. In my opinion she needs a completely different style of a program. All these screaming and "whoohoo" parts, just why?

She does make a very nice "shhh" pose at least and there's some potential there, but not with a program like this.

Yeah, the whole program was really off. One thing I enjoyed is her jumps. Just horrible music and awful disjointed choreography.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Ksenia Melkumova (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8FY8cLT0CI

So soft and elegant little cutie :love:

Goes to the very top of the top for me. 8 and half years old and jumps a 3T with that entry??? Not to mention the actual skating. The entry to the combo is crazy, too.

Speaking of which, how young is the youngest to have landed a triple jump? I believe Gubanova was also 8 years old. But was it even younger than 8 years and 7 months? Ksenia is very close in any case. And Gubanova was definitely not doing those entries.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Goes to the very top of the top for me. 8 and half years old and jumps a 3T with that entry??? Not to mention the actual skating. The entry to the combo is crazy, too.

Speaking of which, how young is the youngest to have landed a triple jump? I believe Gubanova was also 8 years old. But was it even younger than 8 years and 7 months? Ksenia is very close in any case. And Gubanova was definitely not doing those entries.

Maybe she'll be the first one, but the main thing - is her future. She is from the same school as Katia Kurakova (before moving to Goncharenko) and Kamila Valieva, who is very inconsistent. I hope Kamila will move to Eteri asap along with Ksenia at least in 1-2 years. Such talents shouldn't be buried because of their TES (falls and urs).

madison

Record Breaker
Maybe she'll be the first one, but the main thing - is her future. She is from the same school as Katia Kurakova (before moving to Goncharenko) and Kamila Valieva, who is very inconsistent. I hope Kamila will move to Eteri asap along with Ksenia at least in 1-2 years. Such talents shouldn't be buried because of their TES (falls and urs).

We need more coaches as Eteri, in all disciplines. :luv17:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, that remains to be seen, of course. IMO the talent's from a different planet in comparison to Valieva. Actually, I say that even right now her SS is better than the Valieva's despite Valieva being 3 years older.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Well, that remains to be seen, of course. IMO the talent's from a different planet in comparison to Valieva. Actually, I say that even right now her SS is better than the Valieva's despite Valieva being 3 years older.

Agree about skating skills, but Valieva is also like a feather, she has beautiful spins and I guess she didn't reveal her potential yet.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker

But yeah, maybe I'm dreaming too much. Just rewatched this program, and yes - her skating skills obviously weaker. I guess it's just my wish to see top skater with amazing spins, like Lipnitskaya, Lozko or Tarakanova have.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Agree about skating skills, but Valieva is also like a feather, she has beautiful spins and I guess she didn't reveal her potential yet.

Well, can only hope that Ksenia gets her jumps in order, but to be honest it would feel odd to criticize someone's jumps when they are doing a 2A and a 3T(might be UR) at 8 years and 7 months of age. That combo does look pretty worrying, but on the other hand, as I mentioned, that entry is ridiculously difficult. Like, it would be difficult for seniors.

Ah, on Valieva. Unlike many, I've never been very high on her. As mentioned, skating skills just aren't there. She has some good aspects for presentation and spins but... The thing here is that it's tough to evaluate what'll happen to Ksenia judging by someone like Valieva, who's clearly not quite at the same level as a talent. It can just be a slight difference like that.

But considering the state of these jumps at 8 years and 7 months of age, I wouldn't get worried about them unless she shows no improvement in... 2 years of so. Which I just can't see happening.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Well, can only hope that Ksenia gets her jumps in order, but to be honest it would feel odd to criticize someone's jumps when they are doing a 2A and a 3T(might be UR) at 8 years and 7 months of age. That combo does look pretty worrying, but on the other hand, as I mentioned, that entry is ridiculously difficult. Like, it would be difficult for seniors.

Ah, on Valieva. Unlike many, I've never been very high on her. As mentioned, skating skills just aren't there. She has some good aspects for presentation and spins but... The thing here is that it's tough to evaluate what'll happen to Ksenia judging by someone like Valieva, who's clearly not quite at the same level as a talent. It can just be a slight difference like that.

But considering the state of these jumps at 8 years and 7 months of age, I wouldn't get worried about them unless she shows no improvement in... 2 years of so. Which I just can't see happening.

Hope so. And I guess if she couldn't jump these jumps and combos at practice, they didn't put so difficult entries in her program.

So, the next stop is tomorrow! Can't wait to see Ksenia's free program. Also we'll see:

3 junior category

(from known schools)

Polina Borovskih (2011)
Yaroslavna Whelan (2011)
Margarita Delicina (2011)
Alexandra Vinogradova (2010)

And many interesting kids in 1 junior category.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hope so. And I guess if she couldn't jump these jumps and combos at practice, they didn't put so difficult entries in her program.

So, the next stop is tomorrow! Can't wait to see Ksenia's free program. Also we'll see:

3 junior category

(from known schools)

Polina Borovskih (2011)
Yaroslavna Whelan (2011)
Margarita Delicina (2011)
Alexandra Vinogradova (2010)

And many interesting kids in 1 junior category.

That's what you'd think, yeah. She looked completely exhausted at the end. But for the FS I don't really care about the jumps(Though I'd like to see a rotated triple...), just really eager to see beautiful skating~

Melkumova actually tied with one other for the second-highest points for the step sequence. Had more points for it than Akatieva for example.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
That's what you'd think, yeah. She looked completely exhausted at the end. But for the FS I don't really care about the jumps(Though I'd like to see a rotated triple...), just really eager to see beautiful skating~

Melkymova actually tied with one other for the second-highest points for the step sequence. Had more points for it than Akatieva for example.

Oh, protocols are up already? Need to check. Just opened the first one: stsq1 for Akatieva. And well-deserved. Poor kid. Can you imagine how many times she skates her SP at practice and how many times this crap is playing? Ugh.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Oh, protocols are up already? Need to check. Just opened the first one: stsq1 for Akatieva. And well-deserved. Poor kid. Can you imagine how many times she skates her SP at practice and how many times this crap is playing? Ugh.
She doesn't look happy skating to it, either. I'd like to see her with a Samodelkina-style program. I think that might suit her better. I think it's very obvious that these periodical heavy expressive choreo parts just don't work for her at all. MAYBE Berestovskaya could pull it off convincingly, I don't know. But Akatieva needs something much better suited to her.

tars

Record Breaker
I didn't have time today, so watched only like 8 skates and... I'm in shock how great these girls are.
Hard to assess their jumps well yet, but the skating - speed, freedom, abandon, spins, turns, agility are AMAZING! :yahoo:
I'll write again, when I see more tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Junior 3 was very weak overall...

Normally it's almost everyone doing the exact same layout with 2 axels etc. but even a program with 2 clean axels seemed like a rarity here.

Good picks. But I also would mention Valeria Ivannikova - She's only 6 years and 5 months old and skated reasonably well.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Junior 3 was very weak overall...

Normally it's almost everyone doing the exact same layout with 2 axels etc. but even a program with 2 clean axels seemed like a rarity here.

Good picks. But I also would mention Valeria Ivannikova - She's only 6 years and 5 months old and skated reasonably well.

By the way, starting orders are up for that competition. There are many skaters from Crystal (Khrustalny) and CSKA. So I expect high-level competition in all categories!