Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I don't have a link to the stream... But it's on the studio 38 calendar so they should stream it.

So... Now we got a proof that if it's on their calendar, it doesn't mean they necessarily will stream it. Maybe just do photos or something. Hope that Junior Nationals will be broadcasted, tho. Even if not on theirs channel, but on official, perhaps. Two days ago there was a live stream of Synchro Nationals.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
So... Now we got a proof that if it's on their calendar, it doesn't mean they necessarily will stream it. Maybe just do photos or something. Hope that Junior Nationals will be broadcasted, tho. Even if not on theirs channel, but on official, perhaps. Two days ago there was a live stream of Synchro Nationals.

Indeed, disappointing.

Расписание соревнований, на которых работает «Студия 38». I guess it doesn't mention streaming... Google translate says "operates". Hmm, it'd be nice if it was at least specified at the calendar page whether they do stream it or just take photos or whatever they do.

Hopefully they'll do the competition on the 26th(And jr nationals).

Shayuki

Record Breaker
So, just checked the results, and found out that Melkumova WD. Sad. But there was another good skater who won the competition - Alina Gorbacheva. We can call her famous, I guess, because of this video. Very motivating. But I'd switch the music to Eye of Tiger, for example!
Yeah, she withdrew. I wonder what is with that. On the other hand, on the January 26 competition Melkumova's name is not faded out which should mean she's confirmed herself for it. So she shouldn't be injured at least long-term, I'd guess.

Right now, there's a competition going on at Art-Caramel. I'm not sure if there are any big names there.
Entries and Results
Stream was here. It should be possible to watch afterwards. I imagine they will stream days 2 and 3 on the channel, also.

And a couple of future competitions I noticed with preliminary entries I consider notable:

This one on February 3-4 with Uliana Vasilieva.
and
This one on February 12-13 with Elena Kostyleva.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Yeah, she withdrew. I wonder what is with that. On the other hand, on the January 26 competition Melkumova's name is not faded out which should mean she's confirmed herself for it. So she shouldn't be injured at least long-term, I'd guess.

Did you see there scores of Maria Osokina (35,97) (15.04.2009) and Miroslava Morozova (35,18) (08.09.2009) of 2 jun. category? Pity that we have no videos. Both have many -GOE on the jumps, but these program component scores: 19.20 and 19.73? That's really interesting. Which average PC scores were for Melkumova, Vasilieva, Dzepka? [emoji848]

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Did you see there scores of Maria Osokina (35,97) (15.04.2009) and Miroslava Morozova (35,18) (08.09.2009) of 2 jun. category? Pity that we have no videos. Both have many -GOE on the jumps, but these program component scores: 19.20 and 19.73? That's really interesting. Which average PC scores were for Melkumova, Vasilieva, Dzepka? [emoji848]
Vasilieva has mostly been getting PCS in that range whereas Melkumova and Dzepka both had 27+ at the end of last season, though both were a category above.

Melkumova's PCS this season I'm not sure would be useful as a comparable as the levels are very different...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Vasilieva has mostly been getting PCS in that range whereas Melkumova and Dzepka both had 27+ at the end of last season, though both were a category above.

Melkumova's PCS this season I'm not sure would be useful as a comparable as the levels are very different...

Yeah, I forgot she is already in sport category.

Today was this competition. Just started to watch. Nothing interesting so far.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anastasia Marasanova

I couldn't manage to find out her age. But she really is tiny and visibly smaller than the other skaters in her category at that competition. Especially the skating skills are very very good, interpretation probably even better. Jumps are... just okay at best and she even fell. But the content is still very difficult for that level, especially assuming she is younger than usual for that category. Melkumova for instance looks significantly older though she's one of the youngest skaters for the age category(Even though Melkumova does compete a level above). Ultimately though, how big of a talent she is depends on her exact age. She's the only one I found interesting at this weekend's art-caramel competition.

Note, even if she is actually in the late 2008 - early 2009 birthday bracket, she still is one of the strongest skaters I've seen for that category. But she also would be the smallest skater of that age that I've seen, so I somewhat doubt she's that old.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Anastasia Marasanova

I couldn't manage to find out her age. But she really is tiny and visibly smaller than the other skaters in her category at that competition. Especially the skating skills are very very good, interpretation probably even better. Jumps are... just okay at best and she even fell. But the content is still very difficult for that level, especially assuming she is younger than usual for that category. Melkumova for instance looks significantly older though she's one of the youngest skaters for the age category(Even though Melkumova does compete a level above). Ultimately though, how big of a talent she is depends on her exact age. She's the only one I found interesting at this weekend's art-caramel competition.

Note, even if she is actually in the late 2008 - early 2009 birthday bracket, she still is one of the strongest skaters I've seen for that category. But she also would be the smallest skater of that age that I've seen, so I somewhat doubt she's that old.

Amazing skating skills! :clap: Here's the video from a previous cup. Results. It says, '2009 year and younger'. [emoji848]

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just checked again studio-38 and their schedule of live streams/photos, and now Juniors Nationals are gone. It's disappeared from there.

Now let's hope the TheFSRussia channel, which covered even Russian Synchro Nationals 2018, will stream this event. It would be ridiculus, if they won't, - this is one of the most interesting events of the year. But considering they don't care about publishing list of participants in time (probably because they have no idea about hype around Juniors, the same story with Juniors Gala) it's not surprising. Really, what a shame.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Thank you! 2009 makes sense, although it'd be great to know whether it's late or early 2009. My personal guess was late 2009. A high caliber talent none the less!

Speaking of high caliber talents, Margarita Baziliuk is apparently skating in jun. 1 category at this competition held on 25-26 january! And she still is only 6 years old. Just clearing the tests to be able to skate there already - That's quite something. I already had her quite high up but perhaps I should have her even higher... Hopefully this competition will be streamed because I'll be very interested in seeing how she performs!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
New one!
Margarita Bazyliuk, age 6, 1. jun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQwd8mwyM_U

She ran out of steam at the end, hence the falls and her spins are pretty slow but great flexibility and her jumps!! 2-2 combos at 6 years old!!

Amazing kid, but she's already on the list. You should check information sometimes! [emoji848] I want to add Marasanova but don't know her date of birth, at least after or before 1st July.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Amazing kid, but she's already on the list. You should check information sometimes! [emoji848] I want to add Marasanova but don't know her date of birth, at least after or before 1st July.

I looked at the list AFTER I put her on... :(
And here I thought I found a real talent for once...