Top Prospects of Russian ladies | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Top Prospects of Russian ladies

Shayuki

Record Breaker
How can it be that Sofya Vazhnova and Sofya Dzepka are not on the list :scratch2:?

Vazhnova is hmm... Well, in the same age group as Akatieva and co. and is quite a bit behind them all. But she still is almost a year younger so the development will probably not be at the same stage.

On Dzepka, I saw her earlier and she's very advanced for the age group - That even was from last season. I really want to see a program of hers from this season. Jumps are good as well and makes me wonder when she'll have triples. The artistic abilities are... fine but that's a part of the reason I want to see a program of hers from this year. I also can't find her on any of the upcoming competitions on sportvokrug...

voolfee

On the Ice
We can say the same about Kamila Valieva who never showed a clean performance. Or Anastasia Tarakanova which skated clean only one free program of three free programs, and two short programs of three in this season.

Valieva is the best at her age. She won Nationals for younger age. Tarakanova at the age of 13 in the JGPF. Do you really compare Mukhortova with them? I think Mukhortova has prospects only in pairs or ice dance.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Valieva is the best at her age. She won Nationals for younger age. Tarakanova at the age of 13 in the JGPF. Do you really compare Mukhortova with them? I think Mukhortova has prospects only in pairs or ice dance.

On this by the way, yeah I agree. Mukhortova has been sort of nice to watch but I don't consider her to have potential for very much. She's never had jumps. She's kind of like a weaker version of Lozko. I don't see how you can give her 4.

Personally on a 5 star scale she'd be a 2 for me.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
All it takes is a single watch of their SPs this season. The difference is so striking it's impossible to not see immediately. I also don't think that she has the same grade of artistic ability either.
I prefer Sasha's Sp over Nastya's at any day. I can even say .... her SP is my favorite SP along all juniors girl this season.:rolleye: I watched it over 50 times.
how can someone give her just 4 stars? That should be criminal for sure.

She does have 4S and 3A if she gets them(which is an if at this point),
About Anna the same. I love her... i would give her 5 star too... but... as you said about Sasha.... Anna has never performed any quad at the competition as well. so.....

and when I see 4 stars for Mukhortova and 4 stars for Trusova.
It looks like a joke to me....:disapp:

Sorry puremagic, but this rating is so about your personal biases and not about any real "Prospects of Russian ladies" or "future figure skating starts"...
maybe just write names without any stars...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I prefer Sasha's Sp over Nastya's at any day. I can even say .... her SP is my favorite SP along all juniors girl this season.:rolleye: I watched it over 50 times.
Sorry puremagic, but this rating is so about your personal biases and not about any real "Prospects of Russian ladies" or "future figure skating starts"...

📃📃📃

Hello! Thanks for contacting to the scout bureau.

The rating will re-considering every month.

As mentioned in the second post, Alexandra Trusova is lack of musicality, presentation and artistry. She has average spins. Also she has solid skating skills, very nice jumps and trying to do clean 4S, without any successful attempts so far. But no way she deserves five stars. Figure skating is not only about jumping. So actually, is only you who biased for her. Sorry for making you uncomfortable of using our services.

Stay tuned!

Best wishes

Chief of the scout bureau, puremagic. ✔️

atsumiri

Record Breaker
📃📃📃

We can say the same about Kamila Valieva who never showed a clean performance. Or Anastasia Tarakanova which skated clean only one free program of three free programs, and two short programs of three in this season. But we can't deny their other qualities.
THIS!!!!!
and it's why I don't get your stars at all.. for most of girls... and for Valieva and Tarakanova too...
I love Nastya.... I'm in love with her FS. but her jumps ARE so messy.. and not just problems with consistency. It's her technique and lack of control... she needs to fix it asap. Right now she can't control them at all. And till then. I don't see a future for her.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
On this by the way, yeah I agree. Mukhortova has been sort of nice to watch but I don't consider her to have potential for very much. She's never had jumps. She's kind of like a weaker version of Lozko. I don't see how you can give her 4.

Personally on a 5 star scale she'd be a 2 for me.

📃📃📃

We mentioned Anastasia Mukhortova in the second post, where noticed her problems with jumps. Her original ranking were three stars. The fourth star was given in advance after looking at this short program. Her skating skills and musicality look wonderful. Also she was injured and we don't know how hard. Spins became worse. Let's wait another her competition and we'll re-considering her ranking.

Stay tuned!

Best wishes

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
THIS!!!!!
and it's why I don't get your stars at all.. for most of this girls... and for Valieva and Tarakanova too...
I love Nastya.... I'm in love with her FS. but her jumps ARE so messy.. and not just problems with consistency. It's her technique and lack of control... she needs to fix it asap. Right now she can't control them at all. And till then. I don't see a future for her.

📃📃📃

Rating includes all skaters' talents at this moment. With time, it will be changed. Consistency is not our flagship. We could give four stars to Anna Tarusina, just because she rarely makes mistakes. Rating based on: skating skills, jumps, spins, presentation, musicality and potential of jumping in the future quads/triple axels.

Stay tuned!

Best wishes

atsumiri

Record Breaker
📃📃📃

Rating includes all skaters' talents at this moment. With time, it will be changed. Consistency is not our flagship. We could give four stars to Anna Tarusina, just because she rarely makes mistakes. Rating based on: skating skills, jumps, spins, presentation, musicality and potential of jumping in the future quads/triple axels.
doesn't look like it. really. :confused2:
I got you. This thread has nothing to do with how you name it. Okey. no problems)
Have a good time.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
But fine, her jumps are really bad, wish she moves to Eteri. Fourth star has been removed.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
doesn't look like it. really. :confused2:
I got you. This thread has nothing to do with how you name it. Okey. no problems)
Have a good time.

📃📃📃

We forgot to mention also consistency, as it was said, it's not the main flagship, but it one of the parts. Let's do some math and will calculate:

Tarakanova has gorgeous skating skills, she is very plastic and flexible, has awesome spins and speed, wonderful musicality and presentation. Cons: Lack of consistency, problems with jumps. Trusova has amazing jumps, especially her lutz, incredible consistency, decent skating skills and potential to jump 4S and 3A. Cons: Lack of musicality and artistry, average spins, not so good speed.

So it's too obvious that for Tarakanova five stars, for Trusova four stars.

Stay tuned!

Best wishes

tars

Record Breaker
Two serious questions:
- how many stars for seriously injured girls, like Shcherbakova?
- how many stars for youngest girls, like phenomenal Uliana V., whom we can't even assess properly in regard to vertical jump, body shape, flexibility, etc..?

Shouldn't we automatically limit stars in these cases? :think:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
4 and a half? :pray: :laugh:

P.S. how would you rate Zagitova in her previous season?

Sure, but there is no emoji like that. If Sasha will land a clean 4S at JGPF, she surely will get the fifth star. Good question about Alina Zagitova. It's hard to say, if we look at her 2015-2016 season, I would have gave her not more than three stars, maybe even two. Judging by the last 2016-2017 season, it's around three stars at the beginning, and four stars at the end.

Two serious questions:
- how many stars for seriously injured girls, like Shcherbakova?
- how many stars for youngest girls, like phenomenal Uliana V., whom we can't even assess properly in regard to vertical jump, body shape, flexibility, etc..?

Shouldn't we automatically limit stars in these cases? :think:

Good questions, tars.

1) About Anna Shcherbakova I'm not sure her injury is very serious, I mean, it's not trauma to the meniscus or something. Even Alina had a broken leg. In that case, we should judge by the last competition of injured skaters. Maybe make them gray colored, like they're not available for now. But their injuries shouldn't touch the amount of stars.

2) Yeah, I was thinking about that. It looks weird that we don't know about future potential of the kids, but they are all already marked as red and have five stars. In 3-4 years many of them surely will lose their stars. From other side, they are just a little kids, and how can we be so greedy to not give them all five stars?! But yeah, I guess for the little kids instead of stars we should use something else.

Need to think about all of this [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

russianfan

Match Penalty
Good question about Alina Zagitova. It's hard to say, if we look at her 2015-2016 season, I would have gave her not more than three stars, maybe even two. Judging by the last 2016-2017 season, it's around three stars at the beginning, and four stars at the end.

and now i guess she's five stars? :laugh:
jeez when i'm thinking that this girl almost gave up on her skating career, but in such short period of time she's suddenly the main threat to everybody including Medvedeva and already has won against most of the Olympic medal contenders, being just 15... it just amazes me

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
and now i guess she's five stars? :laugh:

Hardly. Still four stars. Her skating skills are weak link. I'm trying to be cold to the girls which I like. But we should evaluate objectively. And yes, she is special and incredible. No doubts about that.

Okay, changes are coming. Talented kids now will be marked by green color, and will be getting the suns. From one to three. Also, injured skaters or skaters with unknown status will be marked by gray color.

tars

Record Breaker
Gray color for seriously injured and winnie poohs for little ones sound great. :agree:

EDIT: green stars for babies are ok!

hanca

Record Breaker
I agree. Very much personal biases.
It is far too early to guess their potential. Some current top skaters were quite average within their age group at younger age ( Zagitova, Pogorilaya...) and then we have those who always stood out (Gubanova) and are not as strong now.