Ekaterina Ryabova ⭐⭐
Yasmina Kadyrova ⭐⭐
Natalia Khabibullina ⭐
Kseniya Chistyakova ⭐
Alina Gorina ⭐
Nikol Vaitkus ⭐

voolfee

On the Ice
Why Sinitsyna and Kanysheva have only 3 stars? :scratch2: And I think Tarusina deserves 3 stars unlike Mukhortova.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Why Sinitsyna and Kanysheva have only 3 stars? :scratch2: And I think Tarusina deserves 3 stars unlike Mukhortova.

They both have very nice skating skills, beautiful jumps and spins, but their consistency and lack of presentation (musicality, face expressions, they both skating with pokerfaces) don't allow me to give them four stars. In the next season they will be eligible for the JGP, will see how they will progress. The same touches Kostyuk. Her presentation is better than Sinitsyna/Kanysheva, but she is the least consistent of them.

About Tarusina that's a good point. After her amazing skate at Russian Cup stage 5, she definitely deserves the third star.

Mukhortova skated just at one competition, it's hard to say judging by the one event what she deserves. But her presentation is very good, she also improved her skating skills. Need another event to say exactly.

voolfee

On the Ice
They both have very nice skating skills, beautiful jumps and spins, but their consistency and lack of presentation (musicality, face expressions, they both skating with pokerfaces) don't allow me to give them four stars. In the next season they will be eligible for the JGP, will see how they will progress. The same touches Kostyuk. Her presentation is better than Sinitsyna/Kanysheva

I disagree that Sinitsyna and Kanysheva are skating with pokerfaces. I think they have enough artistry and musicality. If Mukhortova, Frolova and Moroz have 3 stars Sinitsyna and Kanysheva must be with 5 stars. At least 4? :bow:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I disagree that Sinitsyna and Kanysheva are skating with pokerfaces. I think they have enough artistry and musicality. If Mukhortova, Frolova and Moroz have 3 stars Sinitsyna and Kanysheva must be with 5 stars. At least 4? :bow:

Yeah, at the beginning three stars rating looked not so good, now it's five stars rating... Ten stars rating would be cool, but stars are too expensive. We need to think about it. 🤔
We'll consider your request in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

parsifal

Rinkside
My suggestions...
2003 Ekaterina Ryabova ⭐⭐️ (very promising in 2014 when she used to beat Tarusina, Vasilieva and Mukhortova; this year is doing quite well)
2004 Yasmina Kadyrova ⭐⭐️ (the transfer to Mishin hasn't provided yet the expected results...)
2005 Anfisa Ryabova ⭐⭐⭐️ (the best novice in 2016, now she is a bit out of radar... she has to leave Kazan)
Kseniya Chistyakova ⭐
Alyona Gorina ⭐
2006 Sofia Muravyova ⭐⭐⭐️ (another gem in Davydov' group)
Nikol Vaitkus ⭐

parsifal

Rinkside
Maybe it could be better to divide skaters differently from the age of eligibility (1st July 2003-30th June 2004 and so on...)?

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
My suggestions...
2003 Ekaterina Ryabova ⭐⭐️ (very promising in 2014 when she used to beat Tarusina, Vasilieva and Mukhortova; this year is doing quite well)
2004 Yasmina Kadyrova ⭐⭐️ (the transfer to Mishin hasn't provided yet the expected results...)
2005 Anfisa Ryabova ⭐⭐⭐️ (the best novice in 2016, now she is a bit out of radar... she has to leave Kazan)
Kseniya Chistyakova ⭐
Alyona Gorina ⭐
2006 Sofia Muravyova ⭐⭐⭐️ (another gem in Davydov' group)
Nikol Vaitkus ⭐

Thanks for suggestions, parsifal. All girls were added to the list.

Maybe it could be better to divide skaters differently from the age of eligibility (1st July 2003-30th June 2004 and so on...)?

Good idea. I also was thinking about that. Need to check fskate and sportvokrug for that. Too many dates. :dbana:

tars

Record Breaker
Kamila Valieva had rather rough start in local tourney in honour of Maria Butyrskaya in Kursk, two weeks ago.

Second place, 150p overall with one fall in SP, two in LP:
https://youtu.be/VQOy1eKF2c0?t=34259

Seems like growing up is affecting reigning Russian U11 champion pretty hard lately.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I have been watching the weekend's streamed tournaments in hopes of hidden gems - I found none thus far, it's been very disappointing with the recent tournaments. It's possible that I missed someone of course but meh. The only thing that could be considered noteworthy at all was probably this one 2013 born who did a 1S. Also seemed to have pretty decent presentation Might be someone to watch in a few years.

The next very interesting competition looks to be this:

http://www.sportvokrug.ru/competitions/3020//participants/

Many interesting names there. The most interesting one would probably be the 2009-born Sofia Dzepka who's in Sports 2 category. Considering that she belongs to the 2009-2010 age group, that category essentially is 2 years above her age group. It'll be very interesting to see what she can do. Even last season she was extremely strong technically for her age. She'll even be doing a step sequence in that category and also... Might she even have triples? Probably not but it'll be interesting to see. That category has many other interesting names as well. Berestovskaya, Samodelkina at least are very obvious.

The sports 1 category also is pretty interesting. For some reason, there are skaters like Mukhortova and especially Kurakova etc. participating who should be quite a bit more advanced than that. As for the lower categories, a couple of names that immediately pop out for me are Polina Borovskih and Uliana Vasilieva but I'm sure there are plenty of other strong names as well, ones we perhaps haven't yet seen this season.

Hopefully the entire thing will be streamed.

russianfan

Match Penalty
wow, you guys really went hard for all this talent-finding :) i personally don't think it makes much sense to watch so young skaters trying to find a "special one"... i doubt any of you would consider Alina(watching her as a 7-10 yo) as a future top-level skater :) too many factors involved...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Not really so far. It's kind of amazing to find gems among all these cute little ladies.

In researching I pay more attention to nature ability to perform, to natural ability to skating, or to do difficult elements. You see many cute little girls at age of six, but they are all very slow, do bad choreo, jump easy jumps, do easy spins - it's really boring to watch. And suddenly, you see a skater like Polina Borovskih. And you already feel something special. You can not to not see the pure talent.

That's why it's cool and interesting.

Here was said about surviving, that many talents do not live up to expectations. But it doesn't touch scout bureau work at all. The mission - to give statistics (stars), judging by current skaters talents and ability to show it. And yes, Gubanova before this season was five star skater in scouting book. Now, it's a really shame, but I can't give her more than three stars. Her stamina, spins, presentation were damaged. Still, she is able to get five stars again because she is a pure talent.

Alina Zagitova's case is very unique and interesting, and it makes more interesting the whole scouting work. Like, in the last year you didn't pay attention to this skater, only one or two stars for her. And suddenly, she is becoming three/four star skater. You already knew all names of the current stars, and when someone new shows up at this age, that's really cool.

I also think Diana Guseva and Eva Novakhova potentially could have the same level as Zagitova, maybe even better. The one thing I'm not sure is their consistency. But it's really hard to say now, especailly when they both are injured. I mean, if skater is counted that she belongs to this group, and she is not skating at all, there should be only one answer.

At one of those channels, which I mentioned in the second post of the thread, was published video with one girl. Pretty nice speed and jumps. But lack of presentation, so far. Tried to find her on Russian websites, but there are two Marias Dmitrieva. 2008 year and 2007 year. I'm not sure who she is, but most likely she is from Pisarenko's school.

russianfan

Match Penalty
One of those girls has a very... interesting last name... :scratch3:

:laugh: but the thing is that her last name has emphasis on a different syllable, so when you pronounce it - it doesn't sound like the word you saw :)

btw, puremagic do you understand russian, or how are you browsing all those russian sites? i doubt google translate always works good

tars

Record Breaker
Holy cow! So many girls. What a sensational event it should be. Maybe even as interesting as Russian Nationals, especially when it looks like Novice Russian Nationals.
400 names. Just another tourney in Russia... :laugh2:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
:laugh: but the thing is that her last name has emphasis on a different syllable, so when you pronounce it - it doesn't sound like the word you saw :)

btw, puremagic do you understand russian, or how are you browsing all those russian sites? i doubt google translate always works good

I already know a few words. In Japanese too. Figure skating is making me a polyglot. As for the question, I invented a whole system for this! But actually, it's quite easy, I just copy Russian name and write fskate or sportvokrug or youtube with that name, then google them. Ta-da! Also fskate's titles of the pages have an english translation of each name. Very useful. :yes:

400 names. Just another tourney in Russia... :laugh2:

This is something very special. Many events at sportvokrug have about 30-40 participants as maximum. And now this! Really looks like Novice Russian Nationals. I haven't read the whole list, but already noticed Polina Borovskih! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐:love::love::love: