Medvedeva WDs from GPF | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Medvedeva WDs from GPF

pearly

Record Breaker
That is a very mature and sensible comment.

I would say GP and GPF these days are more than just a commercial competition, but completely agree and respect the rest of her statement.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Certainly the wisest decision. She has far more to gain by recovering than trying to compete with an injury. That said, congrats to Miyahara for making the GPF!

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
I can't help but think that Evgenia's technique has caught up to her. She really muscles her jumps. If you slow down her jumps she is usually short of rotation and her landings are quite tight. I think it must have caused that injured landing foot. I hope she gets better soon but I also hope she fixes her jumping technique. If she wants to truly have a long skating career and become a queen she needs to change her technique. Her body will not stay like this forever she has to plan for the future and make sure the jumping technique will be there to support her adult body frame.

kiches

Final Flight
I hope Evegenia heals up, she'll be missed at the GPF along with Boyang Jin :sad4:.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wishing Evgenia well during her recovery. I have been thinking about her training of adding on a 3T to all her jumps and wondering how much of a factor that might have been in her injury. On the one hand, it's a great technique for practicing jumps, building stamina, and practicing emergency combinations to be used when needed. That's a LOT of jumps though, and with her intense training, maybe it was a bit much. Hopefully she'll be in good shape by the Olympics.

Yevgenia Medvedeva to speak at IOC meeting on Russia, reports say
By Nick ZaccardiDec 3, 2017, 7:38 AM EST nbc olympic sports talk

per olympic talk, evgenia is going to talk to the ISU as part of the Russian Delegation.

I am very happy for her-:) .

i am confused as to why:confused2: The article states something about Russian Athletes being at the Winter Olympics.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
My dream podium would be 1. Alina 2. Wakaba 3. Osmod but I think it will be more like 1. Alina 2. Miyahara (GPF in Japan, so it's unlikely she will get any URs) 3. Kostner (she is rewarded no matter how she skates, if she is clean they give her crazy GOEs to up her TES, if she is not - they give her crazy PCS to make up for her mistakes)

After seeing today's judging, I have to admit you may actually be right on this one. :bang:

ETA after the free: I am retracting the above. The track record of UR calls on home ice continues!