What happened to Joshua Farris? | Golden Skate

What happened to Joshua Farris?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
*standing in a corner, staring forlornly at the wall, trying not to cry*

I don't know. I don't know. He will speak when he's ready. That's all I know.

mrrice

Record Breaker
He has always been this way. I have followed, or at least, tried to follow him for years and unlike a lot of skaters, he doesn't spend a lot of time on Instagram or any of the other social media sites. I have to think he'll be missing Nationals since he hasn't made an announcement about doing a qualifying event. I guess he could petition the committee for a spot at Nationals but he's been out of competition for so long that I have to wonder how he could possibly be ready.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Sad that he's been silent about his comeback. Farris is one of my favorite skaters that's just been plagued by injuries and concussions. I believe he was meant to compete at various Senior Bs but had to withdraw. Still wish him the best, and that he can come back to skating (like Misha Ge) for the next four years. He's still quite young and exceptionally artistic.

musicfan80

Medalist
Who knows what's all happened to Joshua this season. I think he must have had a significant enough setback in the summer that he couldn't get ready for competition this season. Who knows if he is even skating.

If he is able, there is still time if he wants to compete after this season. If that's the case, he is to be applauded for taking his time and making sure it is done right. And for making his health a priority, of course.

discombobulated

Rinkside
He was supposed to be at NHK but withdrew but I could not find any information as to why. There was a clip of him doing quad toes and quad salchows, so he was in training for sure.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He was supposed to be at NHK but withdrew but I could not find any information as to why. There was a clip of him doing quad toes and quad salchows, so he was in training for sure.

The training clips were from the summer, or maybe even the spring. Josh did not appear at spring shows he was scheduled for, nor did he appear at any summer comps, and he withdrew from NHK.

Given that Josh has not otherwise qualified for Nats, Josh is not going to compete this season. And he is intensely private, and neither he nor his team have stated why.

All the best to Josh, whether we ever see him compete again or not.:yay: