Dmitri Hvorostovsky passes at 55 | Golden Skate

Dmitri Hvorostovsky passes at 55

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
:hopelessness: what a loss to the world indeed. He is one of my favorite baritone singers in the world.

I thought he fought the dreadful cancer very well when I searched for his news last June given his surprise appearance at the Met Gala. I can never forget his beautiful Onegin.

Rest in peace, Dmitri.

TMC

Record Breaker
He was an artist that comes around once every generation. So glad I got to hear him in person in 2015.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
RIP. He was a true son of Siberia. He gave his very last concert and his final public apperance in his hometown - Krasnoyarsk. With broken hand and in a very weak health state.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
so glad to see fans of Dmitri here on Golden Skate too. He is one of my very first opera singers I heard when i stepped into the world of opera. His Verdian baritone roles are lovely and his trademarks. I saw both of his Trovatores of the Met Live in HD and I was expecting more after I saw his comeback at the Met Gala. So sad that God has to take him away this soon. RIP and Sposibo.

Ender

Match Penalty
Rip the best baritone of his generation. My friends are all devastated. We have followed him for so long.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you all for your lovely posts and tributes. Since discovering opera rather recently (and belatedly, to my regret), hearing Dmitri in person has been at the top of my bucket list, and now that's an impossibility. But I'm grateful that his magnificence may continue to be experienced through his many recordings and videos.