Men Back Loading Programs | Golden Skate

Men Back Loading Programs

fredtx121

On the Ice
Do you think we will see any male skater try to back load a program like some of the ladies do? My guess it would be hard to do this with programs that include multiple quads like Nathan's, Yuzuru, Shoma, etc. But maybe backloading a program would work for skaters like Jason Brown who do not have a quad in their arsenal and will help them get extra points this way?

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
A fair number of men are already backloading their programs. But they have another jumping pass, so it's not as obvious. The top 8 men at IdF all did 3/5 for example.

Miller

Final Flight
AFAIK it's 7 jumping passes in 4 minutes from next season - is it confirmed? If so 2/5 split could become very common, 2 jumping passes in 2 mins vs 3 in 2 mins 15 seconds, and 5 in 2 minutes vs 5 in 2 minutes 15 seconds. However dropped jumping pass will be a 'normal' triple/2A, most likely in the 2nd half so if you've got a normal triple you can move to the 2nd half you'll be fine, but if all your normal triples/2As are already in the second half you'll need to move a 3A/quad to keep up the split - we'll have to see how easy that proves.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
It's a great question and Jason Brown won't probably do that because if you look at his performances, even his 3A or his 3ltz frontloaded aren't very consistent.

But i can see in the future a skater maybe from Eteri's team doing a fully backloaded SP, with only triples or one quad toe.

Globetrotter

Medalist
It's a great question and Jason Brown won't probably do that because if you look at his performances, even his 3A or his 3ltz frontloaded aren't very consistent.

But i can see in the future a skater maybe from Eteri's team doing a fully backloaded SP, with only triples or one quad toe.

Actually, she already did. Ilia Skirda who didn't have a 3A, backloaded all his jumps in the SP at the Junior Men GPF (link = http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpf1617/gpf1617_JuniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf)

Tavi...

Record Breaker

In the 2016 season, Jason did a 2/6 layout at all 8 of his competitions, including the ones where he was injured/recovering from injury (NHK, 2017 Nats, 4CC). He only got one second half < call: a 3A< at NHK.

This season he’s doing a 3/5 layout and has gotten 2 second half < calls: a 3z-1l-3S< at Lombardia and 3A<fall at NHK.

It’s unclear why he’s underrotating a bit more this season, but the fact is, he’s been doing backloaded layouts for several years, and he’s only gotten 3 second half underrotation calls in his past 11 competitions.

sheetz

Record Breaker
One of Eteri's junior men, Egor Rukhin, has the most backloaded FS that I can think of. It's 1/7. No quads and the first jump is 3A.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh, so this is okay now? I seem to remember people being very, very upset by Max's 2/6 layout in 2013.