Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2017 Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating Predictions for Ladies

Who do you think will win? Who do you hope will win? Share your thoughts on the lineup!

Please do not bash skaters or insult other posters their opinions.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Bond always prevails in the end.

:-D

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
Bond always prevails in the end.

that's not about bond but about strange destiny. i know many examples when lucky losers won competitions. in tennis i see it almost every month. so yeah higuchi or miyahara. they skate much faster than russians but their skating is empty and their jumps have many urs. but it will be enough for the win. especially at the home ice

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I don't think Medvedeva will withdraw tbh.

I would say
1. Medvedeva
2. Zagitova
3. Higuchi
4. Osmond
5. Kostner
6. Sotskova

kiamma

Rinkside
Is Satoko the first alternate if Evgenia, or someone else, withdraws? Due to her gold at skate America?

sakurano

Final Flight
my vote will go for :

1- Evgenia Medvedeva ( even injured she proved to us what was the best):luv17:
2- Alina Zagitova ( i do not like her skating but i recognize her great qualities she can reach 230 points if makes no mistake)
3- Carolina Kotsner ( great artist her PCS can save her )
4- Kaethlyn Osmond ( unfortunately his FS fail him)
5- Wakaba Higuchi ( i would have put it on the podium but it lacks something compared to the best according to the judges) :sad4:
6- Maria Sotskova ( she on the good start unfortunately her skating is bland but i love the idea of adding the Tanos)

dna5019

Final Flight
Assuming she doesn't withdraw, I'm expecting Evgenia to win, but it wouldn't surprise me either if Alina pulls an upset. Ice is slippery--I'm pretty excited with the lineup this year. :thumbsup:

Helena b

Rinkside
Evgenia or Alina. I hope Aline will finally cope with her sp and Zhenya should be very careful about her health. She wants to compete so much, but GPF isn't the most important fs event of the year. There's only one title she doesn't have yet.

randomfan

Record Breaker
So how will the starting order be determined this time? Will it be reverse GP rankings like before last season, or will it be random draw like last season?

(i personally like random draw more and they should bring it back at least for the 6 GPs)

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
1. Med
2. Zagitova
3. Wakaba
4. Kostner
5. Osmond
6. Sotskova

skatefan17

On the Ice
I think Alina will win. I want Wakaba to win. I want Kostner to be last if she doesn't up her tech (yes, I said it).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So how will the starting order be determined this time? Will it be reverse GP rankings like before last season, or will it be random draw like last season?

(i personally like random draw more and they should bring it back at least for the 6 GPs)

According to the announcement, the SP will be skated in reverse order of qualifying, while the FS will have a draw.

From page 4:
Section 2.3

Skaters/Couples will start the Short Program/Short Dance in reverse order of the ranking order in which they have qualified for the Final. In the case of a tie, there will be a draw to determine who skates first. The starting order for the Free Skating/Free Dance will be conducted by a draw in line with the detailed provisions of ISU Rule 513, paragraph f) to i).

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
According to the announcement, the SP will be skated in reverse order of qualifying, while the FS will have a draw.

Thank you! So in that case, if there are no withdrawals, the starting order will be:

1. Wakaba Higuchi JPN
2. Maria Sotskova RUS
3. Carolina Kostner ITA
4. Kaetlyn Osmond CAN
5. Alina Zagitova RUS
6. Evgenia Medvedeva RUS

Wakaba’s skating first. I wonder how much that’ll affect her scores...

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Wakaba's going first, I hope her PCS don't get affected by that :slink:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
It depends on whether
a) Evgenia will compete
b) Evgenia will compete being completely recovered or not.

I think if Evgenia competes but isn't healthy, she could underperform due to the pain, to not having trained enought and mostly to the pressure of knowing you're not at your best while Zagitova is healthy and strong. She was injured at NHK and still won, but she needs to be clean at GPF.

moriel

Record Breaker
I don't think Medvedeva will withdraw tbh.

I would say
1. Medvedeva
2. Zagitova
3. Higuchi
4. Osmond
5. Kostner
6. Sotskova

I would say Osmond above Higuchi (judges seem to love Osmond, and seem to hate Wakaba)
Kostner, if clean, may beat Wakaba too, because again, judges.