Boyang Jin withdraws from GPF | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin withdraws from GPF

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Oh no Boyang, please try to rest up and get well soon! It's better not to risk your health here anyway. *cough cough Zhenya cough cough*
Good luck to Jason, though.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Oh nooooooooooo, what a season! I am sick of bad news but they seem to be coming I can't remember such depressing feeling in Oly season ... like never :sad21:

Get well soon Boyang - probably wise decision

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
What! What is going on with this season! Well I would rather he get well. Holy cats 3 US men at the GPF!?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

thank You, xeyra for providing the news:thank:

I'm sad for Boyang and all those guys injured during whole GP season - despite his withdrawal, I command and respect the fight he put in China and Lake Placid last week to secure the spot and give it a shot overall. I think this is the most reasonable decision to take in his situation to give himself the best shot possible for Olympics - the has to feel good to do good in competition. Get well, Boyang!

But at the same time, I cannot help, but be very happy and excited for Jason - aside from sole fact of being in GPF competition, this is for him another chance to polish and build his programs. And what about 3 US men in GPF, what a feat: I love the diversity of their approaches and diversity of material presented by all 3 this season:)

Tutto

Record Breaker
Is there a deadline by which withdrawal to be made so a substitute could step in? I have a nagging feeling that it is not the last news of the kind...

I blame my fave, Kolyada, after qualifying he said that GPF will be such a low pressure event for him as the podium out of his reach anyway- as if!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This is half sad and half faciliative for me - I'm glad that he seems to prioritize his health instead of risking it further, but then he would have deserved to go and I wonder if his injury got worse, sicne they did think his state in SA was enough to skate with. (A tweet from the Boyang fanpage is saying it's because of his doctors advice to rest after SA, while his injury is improving, but it's without source, so...).

Hopefully he will rest well and heal fast and completely, and be in good shape for the Olympics. All the best SpiderBoyang! :pray:

And good luck to Jason at the GPF!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I feel sad but definitely it is a wise decision for Boyang as his both ankles have been injured. He needs to heal the injuries properly without further aggravation. Get well, Boyang, so that see you at the Olympics with a healthy form (or at 4CC if you're healed by the time).

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Wishing Boyang a speedy recovery. Wise choice for him to take the time to heal his ankles

Fingers crossed that there are no more skaters joining the "wounded skaters' club"
this season.

Kara

Final Flight
Get better Boyang..:hopelessness: Such a champ for skating in SA with those ankles and I'm happy he withdrew so he can heal.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
So many injuries this season, poor skaters. Wishing a speedy recovery to both Boyang and Evgenia!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Seriously, this season sucks.

it does...instead of fearing, worrying over skaters' injuries, we should feel excitement for competition, building up for Olympics, enjoy our favourite programs etc.

russianfan

Match Penalty
I mean, seriously, will there be any top skaters(male/female) left for the Olympics?
This is ridiculous.

Seriously, this season sucks.

I totally agree. I wish Boyang the best and hope he heals/recovers from his ankle injuries quickly!!! It seems the next major competition where we'll be able to see all the top men (Hanyu, Uno, Jin, Fernandez, Chan, and Chen) compete is the Olympics. Hopefully this will be the end of the injury cycle (Hanyu with his ankle sprain, Samohin with the shoulder dislocation, and now Boyang with his both of his ankles) and the ice gods will be appeased with the cycle of 3. As has been said before "Bad luck comes in three's."

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
There are so many bad news today. I'm afraid. I never see that. What is this season? Everyone should just sit down at home and wait for olympics.

Now Adam, don't give us bad news too.