Boyang Jin withdraws from GPF | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin withdraws from GPF

WestVirginia130

Rinkside
what the heck?!?!? I leave the forums for like three days to get school under control and when I come back another one's bit the dust :cry: I honestly didn't think that his injuries were that bad after watching his performance at Skate America, but I'm glad if they are bad he's stepping back to give himself the rest he deserves

I just hope there's still somebody standing by next week :palmf:

WestVirginia130

Rinkside
I agree....I think this puts a lot of pressure on Adam. Even if Nathan Bombs, he's going to make the team. I don't know what to make of Vincent since he's had such a rough fall. When you add Max Arron to the mix....It's going to be very complicated for the judges. Should Alexander Johnson win Golden Spin, that throws another log on the fire...

Me at my nationals dinner party........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XypVcv77WBU

As much as I love all of the American men in all their unique ways, I just can't see placing anyone other than Chen, Rippon, and Brown for the Olympics. Aaron and Zhou just haven't had anywhere near the placements that Rippon and Brown have had in the last two years (excepting Zhou's placement at Nationals last year). I think that with a pretty decent swing at a podium-placement with Nathan, they've both been consistent enough the last two seasons to guarantee decent placements and personable enough to appeal to sponsors that they're just the most reasonable choices.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The other person said that Skate America officials only offered the opportunity to US skaters. That clearly is not the case. Two Canadian men and one Russian lady had the opportunity to compete at SA when others unfortunately had to withdraw.

No, they said US-based international skaters

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I think we willseethe injured all of them soon at their nationals. GPF is nothing really in Oly year. They are clearly minor injuries and you will see Ashley Boyang and Zhenya soon. Anna P I am not so sure she will even skate at her Nationals. But I hope I am wrong. She is the one who struggles emotionally. But she has achieved a lot inskating.

Dec 5 still Russian decision?

Looking forward to Jason Brown. He is a joy to watch quad or no quad.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Wow, so we have Chan, Fernandez, Hanyu, and Jin out of the GPF. This has to be the strangest Olympic year, let alone ANY year, of men's skating.

I'm hoping that Brown has a good showing and shake that NHK Trophy curse off in time for another event in Japan.