Living in Switzerland | Golden Skate

Living in Switzerland

sarama

Medalist
I've been living in Switzerland for more than 2 months, and I'm finding it extremely hard to make new friends/find people to hang out with. I'm not the most social person in the world, but usually I don't struggle this much. It might not help that I live in a small village, but I don't think that's the main issue. Any help? Tips? Insights? Someone who lives in the country and wants to become my friend????

I know I sound crazy, but this situation is driving me nuts. I love being alone, but there is a limit. For example sightseeing alone is extra efficient, but it gets boring after a while. HELP ME!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Swiss people are always very kind and friendly, but sometimes hard to understand if you try to talk German with them. ;)

As for Tips. I honestly don´t know, whenever I was at Switzerland, I was either at a Sport event or Music festival and there I was always contacted by the people around me. Maybe this could work for you too? I spent most of my time at Zürich or Bern though.

Swizz nationals are in two weeks time, maybe go there?

http://www.cpneuchatel.ch/

sarama

Medalist
Swiss people are always very kind and friendly, but sometimes hard to understand if you try to talk German with them. ;)

As for Tips. I honestly don´t know, whenever I was at Switzerland, I was either at a Sport event or Music festival and there I was always contacted by the people around me. Maybe this could work for you too? I spent most of my time at Zürich or Bern though.

Swizz nationals are in two weeks time, maybe go there?

http://www.cpneuchatel.ch/
They are very friendly. I just struggle finding people in my age group/with compatible lifestyles. Luckily I'm in French Switzerland, I find the Swiss German very puzzling.
Thanks for the tip about nationals, I hadn't thought about it. I don't know if I can go, but it could be fun.