Your fav skaters and their boots! | Golden Skate

Your fav skaters and their boots!

sinnerspinner

On the Ice
Hi! I thought this would be fun.

What skates do your favs wear?

Gracie has the edea ice flys and pianos.

Radionova just recieved a new pair of Riedell with her initials. I saw on ig a few days ago.

Sam L

Medalist
Patrick Chan, Alina Zagitova, Polina Tsurskaya - Edea
Nathan Chen - Jackson

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Joshua's in Riedells, Jason and Brooklee wear Jacksons, Max, Brendan and Kailani all wear Edeas.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I have never noticed skaters who decorated also their skates apart from Valentina Marchei (in 2013 and maybe 2014): http://pattinaggio.tumblr.com/post/62162718734/icedreamland-photos-by-luca-renoldi-valentina
Do you know other examples? Not that I particularly like the extra spark...

That's a packet you can get from Edea for their skates. There are more than her that do it, just not to her extremes. :laugh:

Other ways skates can be "different". Different color blades (matrix come in blue, green, pink, purple, black, gold and silver), Wilson does special blades for some skaters in black (Nathan Chen, Ryan Bradley), MK and JW blades also can make their blades gold at request.
Some ladies skaters choose to put laces in that have glitz on them at the very end (toe part of the lacing).

Skaters like Piper Gilles, Madi Chock, and others have shapes on their boots (hearts, stars, peace signs).

Brian Boitano has always had American flags on the sides of his boots above the heels.

ETA: Ryan Bradley also has specially made blades with a notch in the top of the heel.
Michael Weiss wears his own specially made blades that allows for him to do heel tricks.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

ragdoll

On the Ice
Favourite skaters or not, I like the classical leather skating boots with leather heels and no extra decorations and find the Edea boots, especially the ones with white heels very, very ugly. Am I the only one?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Most elite skaters that wear Wilson Blades have their name engraved, it's a service they provide. ;)

Yes I have a couple friends that had their name put on their steel. Maybe I should have just said with her name engraved on them. :laugh15::shame:

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't like the flesh-colored skates on women. Think it makes their feet look big or something. Ick.

I don't have a picture but I think Kurt Browning's skates used to have a maple leaf on them or the Canadian flag.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't like the flesh-colored skates on women. Think it makes their feet look big or something. Ick.

I don't have a picture but I think Kurt Browning's skates used to have a maple leaf on them or the Canadian flag.

The flesh colored boots actually serve a purpose but the color match up has to be correct for that illusion. Many times anymore it doesn't so it looks bad.

Speaking of Kurt, he has custom Riedell's now that are the traditional black leather but the heel/sole has the wooden look like ladies boots.

TMC

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if this is true now or not, but Jason Brown used to wear the lower-cut ice dance boots rather than regular freestyle boots, at least up until the 2014-2015 season.

I like the flesh coloured boots on the ladies :)