2018 Russian National Championships--Ladies | Golden Skate

2018 Russian National Championships--Ladies

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I can't believe that Russian nationals are in less than a month! So here's a thread for that :)

Qualifiers:
UPDATED: Sofia Istomina (replacing: Evgenia Medvedeva, foot injury)
Alina Zagitova
Maria Sotskova
Polina Tsurskaya
Elena Radionova
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
UPDATED: Anna Tarusina (replacing: Anna Pogorilaya, back injury)
Alena Leonova
Serafima Sakhanovich
Valeriia Mikhailova
Daria Panenkova
Sofia Samodurova
Alena Kostornaya
UPDATED: Lidia Yakovleva (replacing: Alexandra Trusova, age)
UPDATED: Anastasia Gracheva? Can she make it there in time? Or is it too late
(replacing: Alisa Fedichkina, injury) who was replacing Anastasia Tarakanova (age)
Anastasia Gubanova
Stanislava Konstantinova
Anastasia Gulyakova

Fedichkina is taken over Istomina even though Istomina had better qualifying results...

Junior Qualifiers:
Alena Kostornaya
Alexandra Trusova
Daria Panenkova
Anastasia Tarakanova
Sofia Samodurova
Anastasia Gulyakova
Anastasia Gubanova
Alisa Fedichkina
Stanislava Konstantinova
Ekaterina Kurakova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Ksenia Sinitsina
Alena Kanysheva
Viktoria Vasilieva
Sofia Moroz
Anastasia Kostyuk
Ksenia Pankova
Maria Pavlova

First alternate: Viktoria Safonova

Please comment below if any of this is wrong and what your thoughts are! :)

My thoughts so far:
Medvedeva and Pogorilaya should withdraw to rest from injury provided some sort of miracle doesn't happen.
We already knew that nationals would be a bloodbath. But it looks like it would be a POOL full of blood.
It will be interesting to see how the top juniors rank among the seniors and whether Sasha can land her quad. Also interesting to see if Nastya Gulyakova will try her triple axel and if Liza can succeed with hers. Will also be both interesting and depressing at the amount of political leverage used by CSKA, mainly at senior nationals. But overall, I'm definitely looking forward to this competition.

Extra info - Ladies.

Lidia YAKOVLEVA, born 05 Jan 2002, StPetersburg SDUShOR, coach Alla Pyatova, best 182.75 (5th Event of Russian Cup)
Maria SOTSKOVA, born 12 Apr 2000, Moscow CSKA, coach Elena Buyanova, best 216.28 (Grand Prix Final)
Elena RADIONOVA, born 06 Jan 1999, Moscow CSKA, coach Elena Buyanova, best 206.82 (Cup of China)
Valeria MIKHAILOVA, born 14 Feb 2002, Moscow CSKA, coach Serey Davydov, Inna Goncharenko, best 185.09 (Rostelecom Cup)
Anna TARUSINA, born 24 Jan 2003, Moscow CSKA, coach Serey Davydov, best 194.60 (5th Event of Russian Cup)
Anastasia GULYAKOVA, born 29 Aug 2002, Moscow UOR4, coach Ilya Klimkin, best 204.60 (Panin Memorial)
Alena LEONOVA, born 23 Nov 1990, StPetersburg SDUShOR, coach Eugene Rukavitsin, best 193.24 (Panin Memorial)
Serafima SAKHANOVICH, born 09 Feb 2000, Moscov "Pluschenko's Angels", coach Eugene Pluschenko, best 191.42 (1st Event of StPetersburg Cup)
Stanislava KONSTANTINOVA, born 14 Jul 2000, StPetersburg SDUShOR, coach Valentina Chebotareva, best 207.85 (2nd Event of Russian Cup)
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA, born 17 Dec 1996, StPetersburg "Star Ice", coach Alexey Mishin, best 213.35 (1st Event of StPetersburg Cup), 2nd best 204.81 (more adequate, Panin Memorial)
Sofia SAMODUROVA, born 30 Jul 2002, StPetersburg "Star Ice", coach Alexey Mishin, best 199.99 (1st Event of StPetersburg Cup)
Anastasia GUBANOVA, born 02 Dec 2002, StPetersburg SDUShOR, coach Angelina Turenko, best 212.59 (1st Event of StPetersburg Cup), 2nd best 199.95 (more adequate, 3rd Event of Russian Cup)
Alena KOSTORNAIA, born 24 Aug 2003, Moscow Khrustalny, coach Eteri Tutberidze, best 215.02 (5th Event of Russian Cup)
Daria PANENKOVA, born 08 Dec 2002, Moscow Khrustalny, coach Eteri Tutberidze, best 196.55 (JGP Poland)
Alina ZAGITOVA, born 18 May 2002, Moscow Khrustalny, coach Eteri Tutberidze, best 223.30 (Grand Prix Final)
Polina TSURSKAYA, born 11 Jul 2001, Moscow Khrustalny, coach Eteri Tutberidze, best 210.19 (NHK Trophy)

WD - Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, born 19 Nov 1999, Moscow Khrustalny, coach Eteri Tutberidze, best 231.21 (Rostelecom Cup)
So will be
Sofia ISTOMINA, born 24 Dec 2001, Moscow CSKA, coach Inna Goncharenko, best 178.29 (1st Event of Russian Cup), unfortunately "stable in unstability", serious mistakes at all her 5 competitions of season.

WD - Alisa FEDICHKINA, born 14 Feb 2002, StPetersburg SDUShOR, coach Eugene Rukavitsin, best 194.03 (3rd Event of StPetersburg Cup)
So will be
Anastasia GRACHEVA, born 14 Nov 2001, Moscow Krylatskoe, coach Julia Lebedeva, best 180.26 (2nd Event of Russian Cup)

cleo2070

Final Flight
Is there a schedule for the event? Any way to watch live?

I just found this schedule on twitter, here's the English version of it in local / GMT time:

Thursday, 21 December 2017

14:00 local time / 11:00 GMT Men SP
16:50 local time / 13:50 GMT Pairs SP
19:15 local time / 16:15 GMT Opening Ceremony
20:30 local time / 17:30 GMT Short Dance

Friday, 22 December 2017

14:00 local time / 11:00 GMT Ladies SP
16:50 local time / 13:50 GMT Men FS
20:10 local time / 17:10 GMT Free Dance

Saturday, 23 December 2017

15:00 local time / 12:00 GMT Pairs FS
17:15 local time / 14:15 GMT Ladies FS

Sunday, 24 December 2017

13:00 local time / 10:00 GMT Victory Ceremonies (I think?)
14:00 local time / 11:00 GMT Exhibition Gala

Local time means Saint Petersburg (GMT + 3). The schedule I linked above shows, in order, the times in Vancouver, New York, London, Paris, Sankt Petersburg, Almaty, Beijing, Tokyo, Sydney.

As for watching live, there was something mentioned in the qualifiers thread, I believe. Maybe Santa will bring us a livestream, if we were good this year? I guess we'll find out closer to the event :)

anyanka

Record Breaker
I just hope someone packages the ESPN clips like last year and puts them on YouTube. It was very helpful to have the English-speaking Russian commentators, they did a tremendous job with it!

Manitou

Medalist
Where is Fedichkina?

edited: oops, I missed her. She is in juniors, while I was looking in seniors.

The nationals could be a lottery, but regardless of the results they should go with Med, Zag and Sot to Korea.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Where is Fedichkina?

edited: oops, I missed her. She is in juniors, while I was looking in seniors.

The nationals could be a lottery, but regardless of the results they should go with Med, Zag and Sot to Korea.

I saw Sot and for a hot minute I genuinely thought you meant Sotnikova :palmf:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Anna Pogorilaya WD from Nationals. This is the end of the season for her.
That's truly heartbreaking. Thinking that just one year ago she was scoring 216 and landing on the podium at the GPF :sad46:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
That's truly heartbreaking. Thinking that just one year ago she was scoring 216 and landing on the podium at the GPF :sad46:

it is heartbreaking when we look at the story out there, but for me it's the right decision to make - and finally the decision sourced from the best for Anna herself I feel. Her health needs need to be met first thing to give any serious thought about her return to competition. She has to be ready physically foremost this next time around, because I somehow feel that those neglected physical issues she has grew more and more causing her mentality, confidence to slip and not giving her the stability she needed the most in competitive environment. I hope she will grace the ice at least one more time going forward, but I'll also understand if she won't be able to - or won't want to pursue that path.

Grin

Medalist
And who said everything will be boring and predictable in ladies? So much drama. I feel for Anna, I can hardly imagine what she feels now.
I really hope Evgenia's doctor allowed her to compete and she is healthy. I'll be happy to see her at Russian Nationals, but only if I know she isn't risking her career by skating injured.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
There are many things that I'm curious about:

-If Medvedeva competes, and it sounds like she will, what will be her physical\mental condition?
-Will Zagitova beat Medvedeva? What happens if Medvedeva underperforms due to her recovery not being complete?
-How will Trusova do against the seniors?
-Battle for the 3rd spot between Tsurskaya\Radionova\Sotskova

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
There are many things that I'm curious about:

-If Medvedeva competes, and it sounds like she will, what will be her physical\mental condition?
-Will Zagitova beat Medvedeva? What happens if Medvedeva underperforms due to her recovery not being complete?
-How will Trusova do against the seniors?
-Battle for the 3rd spot between Tsurskaya\Radionova\Sotskova

I don't believe either Trusova or Tarakanova are competing in Seniors (too young).

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I didn't take either of them off yet because the official entry lists haven't come out yet