Who cares about gold? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Who cares about gold?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
:disapp: I Just Can't!!!! That reminds me of this commercial with Pete Rose........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGoMCJ8bKtk

Oh my god, that’s amazing. :rofl:

This is opening a whole different can of worms, but I somewhat agree with his viewpoint on his specific situation... yes, he gambled against his own team, and that is beyond wrong to do, but meanwhile, there are dozens of well known dopers in the MLB hall of fame who admitted to using performance enhancing drugs...

To quote the brilliant lyrics of the almighty queen, Britney Spears: Ooops, I didn’t it again!
:eek:topic::rofl:

Manitou

Medalist
^ :)

About Lindsey Jacobelis, I think there is another perspective. Yes, she acted a fool and threw away a gold medal. But suppose that she were a sober and cautious competitor instead of a wild and crazy show-boat. Where would she have finished? Fifth?

I was thinking exactly the same. She is the entire package, craziness included. That's why she is who she is. But the OG is not for her anymore. The Olympic gods do not give second chances after showing that kind of disrespect to them :)

sheetz

Record Breaker
Well, Davis and White were plenty accomplished before Sochi (Silver in Vancouver, multiple National and World gold medals) yet they didn't really become stars until they won Olympic Gold.

Well, Davis and White were plenty accomplished before Sochi (Silver in Vancouver, multiple National and World gold medals) yet they didn't really become stars until they won Olympic Gold.

I think that Meryl is known to the general public, if at all, as the winner of the mirror ball trophy on Dancing With the Stars -- now that's a prize worth competing for -- and for feeding the "Maks and Meryl faux showmance. The Olympic gold medal was a stepping stone to the big time. :)

MasterB

Final Flight
I don't care about the Olympic gold. The problem is our sport is not popular enough with just the World's Championship to draw in new fans. The Olympics is so hyped and in your face that that is the only time you see skating in the U.S. featured anywhere.

b-man

Final Flight
Oh my god, that’s amazing. :rofl:

This is opening a whole different can of worms, but I somewhat agree with his viewpoint on his specific situation... yes, he gambled against his own team, and that is beyond wrong to do, but meanwhile, there are dozens of well known dopers in the MLB hall of fame who admitted to using performance enhancing drugs...

To quote the brilliant lyrics of the almighty queen, Britney Spears: Ooops, I didn’t it again!
:eek:topic::rofl:

Everything I've seen, Rose always bet on his own team. To do otherwise, would lead to fixing games, something Rose was never accused of.