Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice 2018 Tour - US

lappo

Final Flight
that's not my point. my point as someone who has done marketing for over 10 years is that the "cast" is made to appear weak and incomplete.. and in an Olympic year it's a missed opportunity. For instance, forget the "national champion" for Jason and put Sochi Olympic Bronze Medalist. what is more powerful? Or simply put 3 skaters ... including Davis and White and say : SOI will feature our Olympians. That would have been better. Right now, it says very little.. IMHO
:slink:

I agree that this could have been a better solution to appeal a broader audience. A pity that I don't live in NA though, because otherwise I would have tried to attend nonetheless, as I like all the member of the cast already.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was it the Sound of Silence with Ryan, Adam and Jeremy from 2016 tour?

Yes, that was it! I wanted to say it was also Ryan, but I wasn't sure and didn't have time to check. I loved that. :thank: Ic3Rabbit.

Manuel Pablo Arnao

Figure Skating Fan & Real Estate Agent in LA!
On the Ice
I can't believe they don't have any pairs- Alexa and Chris specifically. I know they can't perform side by side jumps but geez, they're out national champions and the best international performing pair.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa and Chris aren't our national champions, Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier are. Alexa/Chris won nationals in 2015.

But I agree with you, Alexa and Chris at least should be included. With the throws and lifts, pairs numbers are spectacular for spectators. For casual fans, which SOI need to attract, that counts for a lot. I would think they'd want at least one pair. And if they had two pairs, they could easily do a two-pair number that would be even more impressive. The 1990s SOI pairs used to do them. Heck, they wouldn't even require much choreography, comparatively.

Maybe it has to do with the agency that represents the skaters. Anyone know?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alexa and Chris aren't our national champions, Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier are. Alexa/Chris won nationals in 2015.

But I agree with you, Alexa and Chris at least should be included. With the throws and lifts, pairs numbers are spectacular for spectators. For casual fans, which SOI need to attract, that counts for a lot. I would think they'd want at least one pair. And if they had two pairs, they could easily do a two-pair number that would be even more impressive. The 1990s SOI pairs used to do them. Heck, they wouldn't even require much choreography, comparatively.

Maybe it has to do with the agency that represents the skaters. Anyone know?

I've seen this agency argument before, but I would doubt it. Jason has never been represented by IMG, which I believe is the agency involved with SOI. And I don't believe Ashley is represented by them either, but I don't know that for a fact.

Personally, I would love to see pairs; I think they have an amazing "wow factor" in the rink. But at least in the last four years, SOI has not had them.:scratch2:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I've seen this agency argument before, but I would doubt it. Jason has never been represented by IMG, which I believe is the agency involved with SOI. And I don't believe Ashley is represented by them either, but I don't know that for a fact.

Personally, I would love to see pairs; I think they have an amazing "wow factor" in the rink. But at least in the last four years, SOI has not had them.:scratch2:

Castelli/Shnapir were in the 2014 tour as special guests.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Additions to SOI Cast: Adam Rippon, Bradie Tennell, Mirai Nagasu and Hubbell/Donohue

So we got 3 men, 3 ladies and 2 dance. Still no pair.

http://www.starsonice.com/the-skaters.html

Four ladies total: Mirai :yay:, Bradie, Karen, Ashley.

Was hoping for Ross Miner :ghug:. Sigh.

(But am happy for other men.)

Very happy for H/D :yay:. (Three dance couples total, if we count D/W as well as Shibs.)

p.s. "*Bradie Tennell will not perform in Allentown and Salt Lake City" -- FYI for any GS members who are thinking of buying tix.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Great cast so far! I’ve never watched figure skating live before. I’m wondering is there a particularly good area to sit? I want to get tickets in the first row/floor.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Great cast so far! I’ve never watched figure skating live before. I’m wondering is there a particularly good area to sit? I want to get tickets in the first row/floor.

Center ice or as close as you can get. Depending on your town that's not going to be an easy feat due to pre-sales for the show already being done for over a month now.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Center ice or as close as you can get. Depending on your town that's not going to be an easy feat due to pre-sales for the show already being done for over a month now.

Thanks for your reply! It looks like center ice seats are already sold - only end of the long side of the rink, or the shorter sides of the rink. Sorry don’t know the technical terms :). Would either of these choices be preferable to the other?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
How does the US ever expect to have a good pairs program if it not supported?

Last edited:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
How does the US ever expect to have a good pairs program if it not supported.

:bow: The Kneirims need to be on that tour or at least Kayne/OShea.

Also, WTH is up with no backflipping singles? :hslap:

Barb

Record Breaker
I know the US pairs are not so great, I get why they dont invite them, but they should invite an international pair like Vanessa and Morgan.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I know the US pairs are not so great, I get why they dont invite them, but they should invite an international pair like Vanessa and Morgan.

The worst part is that I don't think we'll ever see another non-American skater on the US tour.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I keep thinking about it but for some reason find it more difficult than usual to pull the trigger, especially considering how far out of my way (booooo) I have to go (and how $$ it is) to make it work...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Bradie, what's up with dissing my fair town (alright, my fair next door neighbor town) :laugh:

Although I do know whose family I expect to be there in force now that's he added. Northeast Pennsylvania's own Olympian.;)

SOI doesn't care that we figure skating fans diss the US pairs. If they're going to name a pair, it will be a US team, and I would assume, if they accept, it would be Alexa and Chris. Who I would :luv17: to see there......

pkmnfan

Spectator
Does anyone know about how long each show lasts? I'm thinking about going to the San Jose show but it's on a Sunday evening and I live 2 hours away.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Does anyone know about how long each show lasts? I'm thinking about going to the San Jose show but it's on a Sunday evening and I live 2 hours away.

About 2 hours with a 20 or so minute intermission.