Obertas & Sokolov split | Golden Skate

Obertas & Sokolov split

P

Ptichka

Obertas & Sokolov split

According to an article at www.sports.ru, Obertas & Sokolov have split. For now, they will both stay with their current coach, but with new partners.

K

Kara Bear

Re: Obertas & Sokolov split

I think I predicted this in the worlds folder but am surprised to see it happen so soon. I hope she finds the right fit and good luck to him too.

S

sk8ing lady2001

I wish them the best. :(

P

Ptichka

The article says it was her decision, not his. It also said her coach has already put her with another partner. With all the rumors going on about Moskina taking O&S, I will be interested to see how it plays out.

M

MoonliteSonata

best of luck to them,too

R

rgirl181

I know I'm late on this but just wanted to say I'm not at all surprised. After the GP series, I realized there was a big difference in terms of skill level between the two, with Obertas being better than her partner. Then at Worlds I read several reports and saw for myself when ESPN showed O&S's LP that Sokolov just wasn't holding up his end of things. Yulia is an extraordinary pairs skater and deserves a partner who has the skills to skate and do the elements up to her level and also turn them into one of the top world pairs, which Yulia is certainly capable of. I wish her the best in finding the right partner, and I wish him the best in moving on. It's tough when you just don't have what it takes to make it in a sport, yet you are still one of the best in the world at what you do.
Rgirl

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">She looks exquisite on the ice--reminds me of Elena B.</span>