2017 JGPF Ladies FS | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 JGPF Ladies FS

Leonardo

Final Flight
I frankly don't really get Kostornaia's program: to me it's just a bit generic and boring :eek:hwell: I would really like to understand what they all find in it!

Imho, it's her refinement and musicality. She looks sensible, polished, a real artist. A little generic (unlike her sp) yes, but it probably looks boring because it's the same old Eteri recipe: endless step sequences and spins in the first half and then jump after jump after jump. It gets boring and predictable.

alvina9894

Final Flight
I get it, but there are pcs. There was almost no difference in pcs between Alena and Sasha and that's not accurate. Sasha skated tentatively, she was clearly nervous, looking down, didn't land some jumps with flow, well, I don't think she was the best in this competition.

I agree. Sasha was skating significantly slower than Alena and the flow of her performance was interrupted by the fall on 4S and multiple iffy landings (what was that extra hop after the 3Lz-3Lo??) She did not deliver the music well apart from the opening before the fall on 4S. The difference in PCS between Alena and Sasha should be more than 0.4.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
With mildly positive GOE and likely PCS bonuses, I think Kihira could have scored around 10 points more with a clean second 3A. I hope she will land both of them during one skate in the future...

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Managed to watch the free skates. How awesome are these ladies? So much skill and maturity, it's amazing. Happy for the top 3 and especially Tarakanova for making the podium! :yahoo:

ks777

Record Breaker
How come Rika didn't have any 2axels? Was she not allowed to since she does 3 axels?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
The level of competition is really insane: the six girls together made history:clap:

To me both Alena and Sasha are a little nervous and tight today, but they managed well.
Sasha caught my attention with her jumps first, but now I think her steps and interpretation are also very good. Her LP is very well constructed and when skated well, can be a real masterpiece. The details in her step sequence are insane. Alena's program is more bland compared to her SP.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Despite the 3A+3T, Rika Kihira actually had the lowest TES base value of the competition because she didn't do a second triple jump combo.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Imho, it's her refinement and musicality. She looks sensible, polished, a real artist. A little generic (unlike her sp) yes, but it probably looks boring because it's the same old Eteri recipe: endless step sequences and spins in the first half and then jump after jump after jump. It gets boring and predictable.
I should go and rewatch her skate, then! Since both the judges and many here adore her, there must be some sort of fault on my part... or maybe it's just the great old unpredictable "Mr. Taste" :laugh:

Leonardo

Final Flight
With mildly positive GOE and likely PCS bonuses, I think Kihira could have scored around 10 points more with a clean second 3A. I hope she will land both of them during one skate in the future...

She also got an ur call on her 3F (very unusual for her). If she lands it cleanly, that could also give her 3 extra points or something. Imho, she's the only one who can compete head to head with a clean Trusova (unless Trusova lands a perfect 4s, then it's over for everyone).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Protocols look pretty spot on with no anomalies IMO. All the ladies finished within a about a point or less of each other for PCS. The PCS was a bit stingy but I’m glad it wasn’t the determining factor and applied evenly. The judges all agreed for the most part. I like the results even though I’m sure we could nit pick a thing or two.

My tops in PCS per component

SS- Alena
TR- Anastasia
Performance- Anastasia
Interpretation of the Music- Rika
Composition- Alena/Rika

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Despite the 3A+3T, Rika Kihira actually had the lowest TES base value of the competition because she didn't do a second triple jump combo.

She did single an axel and get a carrot on 3F as well. With her planned content, her BV would be up with Trusova, and even a 2A would be ~64.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Nice battle! The real one would be Junior Worlds where there would be other 2 japan ladies and 2 korean skaters too. I think Russia will send the medalist here unless they bomb in Junior Nats which is unlikely. But Daria could sneak in and get to JW team. Quick response from Eteri Team when they see Daria get 3F! they changed her 2nd 3F to 3Lo. I think this also because she often get 3Fe/! In local competition like Russian cup which brings her score down a lot. I think Daria should've been 4th, 54 PCS is too low...

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker

well, she left so many point on the table with popped 3A and UR 3F, including 3nd triple combo wasnt the original plan because she already repeat 3A and 3Lz, she could have added one after 1A and thats where the experience is needed, i am sure she will get there :agree:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
well, she left so many point on the table with popped 3A and UR 3F, including 3nd triple combo wasnt the original plan because she already repeat 3A and 3Lz, she could have added one after 1A and thats where the experience is needed, i am sure she will get there :agree:

It is an odd choice, however. It'd be far better to do a triple jump combo and repeating the 3T instead of doing 2 3Lzs. Unless she seriously can't do two +3T combos with that layout... But in that case, is the second 3A even a smart choice? Hrm...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
She did single an axel and get a carrot on 3F as well. With her planned content, her BV would be up with Trusova, and even a 2A would be ~64.

With a clean 3F and a clean second 3A her BV would be 68.19 which still is below Trusova's BV despite a 4S<.

I really think she needs to rethink if this is the smart way to go.

oh ok gotcha. I thought Mao used to do two 3 axels and a 2 axel.

She could do 2 3As and 2 2As if she wanted to.

Grin

Medalist
I think i'll rewatch Nastya's FS 100 times or so. One of my favorite junior ladies programs. And she slayed it.