2017 JGPF Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 JGPF Ladies FS

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I frankly don't really get Kostornaia's program: to me it's just a bit generic and boring :eek:hwell: I would really like to understand what they all find in it!

Apart from this minor detail, what a great event! :yes2:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ohh god, these kids are so cute and looks to have great manners and esp more mature than many adults, loved everyone, gutted for Rika's pop (she needs to learn how to adjust her layout, she could have done another 3T but she probably wanted to be clean) but podium is well deserved, btw am i the only one findind Alena's 3F a bit scary :slink:

studentsb

Rinkside
I would've given the win to Alena. She has much more polish, and I don't feel Trusova was "on" today. I also think Anastasia should be closer to the top 2, though I know she doesn't backload her 3Lz-3T. Overall what an amazing competition!!!

russianfan

Match Penalty
oh my god why i put Panenkova over Tarakanova in my predictions :biggrin: i predicted all other girls correctly except that

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Alena should have been higher on PCS compared to everyone I think. I just got mindblown by her, one of the most brilliant skate by a junior I've ever seen.

And this might be THE best Ladies Junior GPF event... ever. 1 fall... on a Quad. By a 13-year old. Insanity.

And a 3a-3t

Leonardo

Final Flight
This is one where it's hard to say whether Alena or Alexandra should have won. IMO, Alexandra deserves it, despite the fall. Only one single fall in a competition, while pushing the envelope of the sport and attempting to make history

I get it, but there are pcs. There was almost no difference in pcs between Alena and Sasha and that's not accurate. Sasha skated tentatively, she was clearly nervous, looking down, didn't land some jumps with flow, well, I don't think she was the best in this competition.

frida80

Record Breaker
Rika, that 3A cost you at least a silver medal.

Maybe a bronze. If she landed it, she would’ve gotten an additional 8 points. We’ll see in the protocols what she lost points on. Probably an underrotation. But it’s something for her to work on for JW. Next up, Nationals including a 3A in her short!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
All we needed was to see that 4s clean after such a good competition :sad: Alexandra was really nervous today. You can see it in the in-between skating. But she probably holds onto the first place in the end. In my opinion Alyona deserved it more.

Yeah, that's why I don't like it when she falls the 4S. It seems to really affect the rest of her performance in a negative manner. Well, it is courageous of her that she keeps going for it but... I don't know if it's still the right move. Losing the junior world title due to falling on 4S for instance would be so unnecessary.

I really would like to have seen her even be shown to be capable of fully rotating the 4S before doing it in competitions.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Alena should have been higher on PCS compared to everyone I think. I just got mindblown by her, one of the most brilliant skate by a junior I've ever seen.

And this might be THE best Ladies Junior GPF event... ever. 1 fall... on a Quad. By a 13-year old. Insanity.

Welcome to the new era, when with a clean 7-triples program you won't even be on the podium IN JUNIORS

ks777

Record Breaker
Maybe a bronze. If she landed it, she would’ve gotten an additional 8 points. We’ll see in the protocols what she lost points on. Probably an underrotation. But it’s something for her to work on for JW. Next up, Nationals including a 3A in her short!

I think her 3flip was underrotated and she got penalized for that.

Leonardo

Final Flight
If Rika lands everything in the junior worlds she could break 140 in the free. She scored 70 in TES (67 afterwards because of a flip call) without a 3A and got 58 pcs skating early. Great potential.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Guttered for Sasha. In practice right before she landed the 4S fully rotated and beautifully. Still beats Alena overall. Does anyone see the resemblence of Sasha to Alina? Also, none of these amazing kids could beat Alina's record from last year which is pretty impressive too.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Trusova: Gutsy attempt at the 4S, too bad it didn’t go so well. Scores were very close so another mistake would’ve costed her the title. Still, I’m very impressed with her and congrats for the win! :clap:

Kostornaya: There are so many good things about her skating. My favourite parts of her programs are probably the transitions, because she does them with such ease and flow. I personally would’ve had her win here, but 2nd is great too!

Tarakanova: I’ve gotta say, this program is actually pretty nice. Still not my cup of tea, but it’s a lot better than before and she seems to have a blast performing it. I do find the extensions on her landings extremely awkward though...

Kihira: Wow! 3A-3T! No words for that. Ted said it got +2.00 GOE total too! Too bad about the pop right after, but she maintained her composure and finished nicely.

Panenkova: Her jumps are good and it’s good to see the effort made into this program, but something just feels...lacking? I hope that she can take some time to polish her presentation. Combined with her strong jumps, she can be a major force in the future if that happens.

Samodurova: I feel sorry for her. She did great but did not stand out as much as the others. While her skating is not as refined as it could be, she is still an enjoyable skater.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
If Rika lands everything in the junior worlds she could break 140 in the free. She scored 70 in TES (67 afterwards because of a flip call) without a 3A and got 58 pcs skating early. Great potential.

hopefully this will be a confidence booster for her, now that she landed 3A3T at internal competiton, she knows its not only at national competitions, she is slowly getting better, hopefully JW will be her peak :hap85:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Even with the UR, Trusova's BV is 7 points higher than Kostornaya's - Insane.