Milan Worlds - no public practice sessions? | Golden Skate

Milan Worlds - no public practice sessions?

itsallok

Rinkside
I just booked some tickets for the Worlds in Milan. Apart from the first couple of days, there didn't seem to be any tickets for early morning practices, as there were for example in Helsinki.

Does anyone know - have I missed something, or are they just not happening there, or are they just not public?

Alex D

Record Breaker
Monday and Tuesday is available, as there is not competition. Therefore people have to buy a extra ticekt.

All the other days, let you watch what happens when the doors open. What time that is, I do not know. I remember some FS events, where i could only watch practice by the help of skaters or parents, that let me go with them. Practice was not public, for whatever reason.

If you contact the organizer and ask when you can enter, then you might get the information you need.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Is there an official hotel? I couldn't find any hotel info or recommendations on the official worlds website. Thanks! I'm excited about possibly going!

itsallok

Rinkside
Monday and Tuesday is available, as there is not competition. Therefore people have to buy a extra ticekt.

All the other days, let you watch what happens when the doors open. What time that is, I do not know. I remember some FS events, where i could only watch practice by the help of skaters or parents, that let me go with them. Practice was not public, for whatever reason.

If you contact the organizer and ask when you can enter, then you might get the information you need.
Thanks Alex, you were right, practice is included in tickets for morning sessions.

itsallok

Rinkside
Is there an official hotel? I couldn't find any hotel info or recommendations on the official worlds website. Thanks! I'm excited about possibly going!
Hotel, I don't know. I've just booked a central-ish Airbnb, and will travel out on the metro, as the the venue seems to be at the end of one of the lines. My guess though is that lots of people will just stay in hotels near the arena.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
The hotels near the venue were sold out ages ago and/or are pretty much unaffordable. Get a place near a stop at the M2 metro, that’s easy and way cheaper.

Practice tickets for all open practices (Monday/Tuesday plus all morning sessions later in the week) have also been included in the original (!) all-event packages.

itsallok

Rinkside
One other practical issue if you're not bought tickets yet: the site is really confusing regarding ticket collection. You can pay quite a lot for tickets to be sent by post, pay a little to get an e-ticket, or pay nothing to pick up at venue. You can also pay to insure tickets in case you don't travel. *After* you decide and pay, and unable to go back, you are told (a) that insurance doesn't work for e-tickets (not charged, but maybe it's important to you?), and (b) that you can only pick up a ticket at venue just before the event (and I don't know how this works in reality, but it's vague and I don't know how it will work for practice sessions, and that makes me unrelaxed). I was also told that "I had bought a fan ticket - a pretty souvenir - and had to use post" (I hadn't, and by just ignoring this the same worked). It will all be fine, and how nice to be able to do it all from a distance, but a little confusing.

livetoskate

On the Ice
Thank you all for your responses and advice. A friend recommended Hotel London but it's more in the middle of the city; I'd like to get as close as possible to the arena since I can't speak Italian and will be traveling alone. I'll keep looking online.... I haven't bought the tickets yet but it's looking like I can go!! :) Hope to meet some fellow fans there.