Skating Practice Dec. 8th to Dec. 14th 2017 | Golden Skate

Skating Practice Dec. 8th to Dec. 14th 2017

singerskates

On the Ice
It was great to get back on the ice and not be sick anymore today. Battled two different flu bugs and the bronchitis in a row since the beginning of November. Tried skating last week but had absolutely no strength or balance. But today, today was way different.

I knew it was going to be a good day because I could actually balance stroking around the rink when I was warming up. (Note:need to fix right band; blade to dragging on forward strokes and making a ton of noise. It feels off.)

After stroking I next warmed up with my Junior Bronze (in US half PreBronze and half Bronze) dances. Felt good.

Then I ran through my interpretive program without music. Next I did it again with my music and found out that I needed to get a whole section choreographed because I had more music to skate to now that I am healthy again.

In between running through my interpretive and my lesson, I began trying jumps again. I hadn't jumped except for a falling leaf and split jump + flip since last June.

I actually wasn't scared to jump my Waltz jump today. Each time it got better.

Salchow; I did it right out of the opening steps from my freeskate. Right pivot to LFO3, X, RFO3, X, LFO3, 1S

Toeloop and Toe+Toe

Split+1F

Upright; training my body to be use to spinning again so that I can do my LSp again. Coach wants me to include haircutter later in the year. Right coach.

CSp needs more speed and rotation. Only have 2 revs. Need a minimum of 4 revs.

Tried a SSp. What a joke? I may be old enough to be a granny, but I need to get way lower so that my sit isn't a Granny sit. Need to work on strength and flexibility at the gym. I had 4 revs or more easily just need that 90° or less.

Never tried a BSp today. No time.

Lesson: Ran through interpretive with coach watching. Everything was fine until after I did my Split+Flip combo when I scrambled to waste time waiting for the music where I do my Choreographed Sequence. Then the rest happened as planned. We choreographed my program while I was first starting to get sick and didn't have as much speed.

He then had my try backwards hydrothingy moves. I still had way too much music left, so he added a back catchfoot spiral. I think I'm going to end up going around the rink a 4th time by the time I do my Choreographed Sequence. Lastly I do my CSp and the a few steps to ending pose.

After that I did Walt, Toe, Sal for my coach and the said I wanted to do my Loop jump. I did it pretty good the 1st X but as coaches go, they never look when you get it the 1st time. So then I did 2 not so great ones and then a good Loop. Next as my lesson was ending I did my Lutz that I haven't tried for 6 months. It took me 3 attempts to get the full rotation and I landed it with barely touching down.

Then I did some stroking to cool down and got off to go home to pick up my hubby for our date. [emoji4]

singerskates

On the Ice
Saturday, December 9th 2017

Got to my rink so late that I only had 15 minutes left on my session, so I opted to wait for the next StarSkate session. 30 min lesson on StarSkate1/PreStarSkate session. After 30 Adult CanSkate comes on too.

Watched during PreCanSkate and then PA'd during CanSkate (Learn To Skate).

Waltz jump took 5 tries to get it right. Still have not fixed my right blade yet, so landings are sketchy (double lines).

Toe loop: coach only wanted a single Toe loop but I did 1T+1T.

Salchow: did it again right out of FS beginning steps.

Loop: 1st Lo was good but of course my coach wasn't looking. So then I did 2 botched Lo's and then a good 1.

Flip: on it's own without my music, my timing can sometimes go off. But I did get it with my split jump preceeding it.

Lutz: it took me 3 tries to get the jump to take off on the correct edge and fully rotate. Needs work.

Layback: wasn't laying back but was getting good rotation and good start.

Camel: barely passed 2 revs. Need 2 more revs.

Choreographed Sequence: in my interpretive we've made it cover the ice 2x's because I had all this extra music to use before my last spin and ending pose. Music time is 2:51 and I compete in Bronze Interpretive in Canada.

Did the backward hydro blading move again and then coach got me to try doing the Backward catchfoot spiral.
1st time, I tried to grab my blade but only got my heel. My legs are long but my arms are shorter, so it's a job to grab my blade.
2nd attempt I got my blade but it was on a straight line. Not good for PCS.
So 3rd time got the blade on a curve.

Didn't run through my program because there were PreStarSkaters having a group lesson. I also kept running into the StarSkate1 skaters because I skate faster. There are more StarSkaters on my session but they are never in my way. What gives?

singerskates

On the Ice
Got to the rink late and totally missed my StarSkate session because I needed to spend time with my Mom who is staying at a retirement home but really needs a nursing home. By the time I got to the rink the next session was a quarter done.

Plus side; because I am on the club's board and our regular ice captain had to leave before CanSkate and one of the other board members asked me to jump in and put all the CanSkaters on the ice. So I did, and after the last child was put on the ice, I closed the door and walked to the other side where the coaches and we PA's go on and off of the ice just in time to be with my dark blue group (highest level of CanSkaters). My kids worked really hard at trying their best to learn and perform each skating skill. Today they worked on waking crosscuts, attempted spirals and lunges.