Form the Olympic National Teams - Ladies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Form the Olympic National Teams - Ladies

concorde

Medalist
You are missing my point, which is " why leave Canada out of the post ..

I asked a similar question on page 1 of this thread and got a similar snarky response to what you got.

It was not until page 4 that I got my answer but that was only after you pushed it. Thank you for your perseverance!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Unless you know more than the ISU, as of this morning, the ISU said that nothing is definite with regards to the Russian skaters. The athletes may go but not as a Russian team...,whatever medals they get....Russian will go down in the records as Russia----0 medals. My point is that Canada is going for sure, why leave them out of this post and topic.

Because everyone knows which three Canadian ladies are going. There's no mystery, nothing to discuss.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Because everyone knows which three Canadian ladies are going. There's no mystery, nothing to discuss.

Although they did have a skater at Skate Canada that caught my eye. Larkyn something? I think that's right; I had never seen her before.

She was so pretty and fresh and modern, but her team saddled her with Les Mis, which was criminal.

I enjoyed her skating very much, and I hope to see her again. She may not be ready, though.

Weathergal

Medalist
Although they did have a skater at Skate Canada that caught my eye. Larkyn something? I think that's right; I had never seen her before.

She was so pretty and fresh and modern, but her team saddled her with Les Mis, which was criminal.

I enjoyed her skating very much, and I hope to see her again. She may not be ready, though.

Larkyn Austman

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I don't think she's Olympic material yet...
Alaine's been having a rough season but is still quite a bit ahead of Larkyn as far as I know...
How is Veronik doing though?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Larkyn is 20 years old (turns 21 in February). Here's how she did at her SC debut:

SP: 3s-so+1t*, 3f<<↓, 2a 41.79 (18.36+24.43 -1.00)

FS: 1f, 2a+3t, 2z!, 2t, 3s+2t+1lo, 2a<<↓, 3s< 81.77 (35.45+47.32 -1.00)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Larkyn is 20 years old (turns 21 in February). Here's how she did at her SC debut:

SP: 3s-so+1t*, 3f<<↓, 2a 41.79 (18.36+24.43 -1.00)

FS: 1f, 2a+3t, 2z!, 2t, 3s+2t+1lo, 2a<<↓, 3s< 81.77 (35.45+47.32 -1.00)

Oh, I didn't realize her age. Perhaps I thought she was younger because I hadn't seen her before.

I still liked her very much, technical shortcomings aside.

Of course, 24 isn't unheard of for a figure skater, so maybe she'll stick around and improve for next go round.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Has Austman even hit the minimum TES to be able to compete? Or do Olympics not have such requirements?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Mirai
Karen
Spiritual Gracie in Wagner's Lala land complete with Gracie inflation can be a very powerful force.

Kaetlyn for Canada

Wakababy in every other way... i want to see Bond at the Olympics kick butt again :D In Korea... super amazing!! I would like her to be the new Japanese No.1 with deserving Zagitova like inflations for being more consistent than Zagitova with the superior programs. Marin oh Marin... i am still holding a torch for you. Although wouldn't mind Mai get it at all, she deserves it.

Now Anna is out. Don't care much for everyone else in Russialand... the fact Zagitova's inflation this year is starting to make Medvedeva's 2 years consecutive inflation looking like some amuse-bouche is pretty horrible for me as long time PCS watcher. Not good as a ballet, a senior program, let alone any worthy artistic merits. Don't get it, never well... unless cute girl always gets extra points... well that is another thread that shouldn't have anything to do with an Olympic sport.

Carry on cooking ISU judges, just how much extra fat are you preparing to pad these dishes this season?

lyverbird1

Final Flight
How much of an upset would there need to be at Nationals to deviate from what is already the obvious set selections, especially among the Russian ladies? Some great suggestions made already. I echo the question as I really, really want to see Elena at Olympics but even if she were to finish top three at Russian nationals, I wonder where the obvious choice would have to finish in order for her to be bypassed. Fifth or lower? Come on Elena, shock them all!

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
:hap10:

Russia: Sakhanovich, Leonova, Konstantinova
USA: Hicks, Wang, Zhang
Japan: Nagai, Nitaya

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Japan
What I want: Waka & Kaori
What I think will happen: Satoko & likely Waka, maybe Mai

Russia
What I want(ed): Zhenya, Anna P ( :sad21: ), Polya
What I think will happen: Zhenya, Alina, Maria

USA:
What I want: Karen & Mirai (don't really have a 3rd one ^^")
What I think will happen: Bradie, Ashely, and either Karen or Mirai

Bonus: Aljona, Sasha & Nastya T. for JWC team :love:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
USA Team:
Ashley Wagner:love:
Karen Chen:luv17:
Bradie Tennell or Mirai Nagasu ... it could come down to the free skate, whoever has better competition nerves

from Russia:
Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova (ho-hum)
Maria Sotskova, or in a pull-through upset, Elena Radionova:hap10:

Japan Team
Satoko Miyahara
Mai Mihara:luv17: or Wakaba Higuchi ... Wakaba looks stronger, but Mai could get a surge and peak strong at nationals

Canada Team
Kaetlyn Osmond
Gaby Daleman:luv17:
Alaine Chartrand ... I hope to see Alaine get a surge and bring her lovely best at nationals, would be exciting