Hanyu update/Olympic berth criteria | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Hanyu update/Olympic berth criteria

giulia95

Medalist
It's wrong. If hanyu is in the state of layout such as 2A, 2T, 2S, 2Lo, it is not fair to send him to the Olympic Games

a heavily injured Hanyu has already produced spectacular performances and more than once. Can we say the same about mura, keiji, tomono, daisuke ?

JuliettaG

On the Ice
Rabbit please,don't you think it's enough? We get it,you don't want Hanyu at the Olympics.

I'm :palmf: reading this comments, really. If Yuzuru's position at the OG was in jeopardy for not going to nationals, he'd be training right now, even taking a hundred of painkillers. We're talking about a guy who skated in Boston with a numb foot, risking a career ending injury.

So no matter how many times you write the rules,the scores or whatever, the JSF will choose Hanyu to compete at the games, the same way that Rusfed would choose Evgenia if she couldn't compete at nats. They are the world champions, they scored WR this year, if the feds don't send them, they're fools.

The important thing here is Yuzuru's health, nothing more.

rabbit1234

On the Ice
I only hope that the national selection will be held fairly according to the selection criteria.
I am commenting according to the selection criteria.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
It's wrong. If hanyu is in the state of layout such as 2A, 2T, 2S, 2Lo, it is not fair to send him to the Olympic Games

In almost all world championships he was injured, sometimes heavily injured, but landed quads and 3As.

icybear

Medalist
Why is there even a discussion on this? Of course he's going to be given an olympics spot unless he's so badly injured by Feb that he cant even walk. It's not like their field is so competitive like the Russian ladies. I mean they've got en extra third spot that they dont actually really need tbh. I'll be more worried about Evgenia and her injury progress.

rabbit1234

On the Ice
2017-2018 FP

214.97 Shoma UNO 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
197.48 Shoma UNO ISU GP 2017 Skate Canada International
195.92 Yuzuru HANYU ISU GP Rostelecom Cup 2017
184.50 Shoma UNO Grand Prix Final 2017 Senior
179.40 Shoma UNO ISU GP Internationaux de France de Patinage 2017
159.98 Keiji TANAKA ISU GP Audi Cup of China 2017
155.52 Yuzuru HANYU 2017 Autumn Classic International
155.42 Kazuki TOMONO 2017 US International Figure Skating Classic
152.05 Kazuki TOMONO ISU GP NHK Trophy 2017
151.33 Keiji TANAKA 2017 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy

137.72 Takahito MURA ISU GP 2017 Bridgestone Skate America
136.96 Ryuju HINO 2017 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy
130.50 Daisuke MURAKAMI 2017 Autumn Classic International
127.94 Takahito MURA 2017 US International Figure Skating Classic
126.84 Hiroaki SATO 10th Lombardia Trophy 2017
123.25 Hiroaki SATO ISU GP NHK Trophy 2017
121.37 Keiji TANAKA 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
117.08 Ryuju HINO 25th Ondrej Nepela Trophy
111.84 Takahito MURA ISU GP 2017 Skate Canada International

There was a possibility of competing like this even before hanyu injured.
Indeed, hanyu is not practicing on ice now.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
But hey everyone, remember he is doing fine, according to Canadian reports...

This is honestly horrible news. I wonder how he'll be by 4cc

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
a heavily injured Hanyu has already produced spectacular performances and more than once. Can we say the same about mura, keiji, tomono, daisuke ?

A bit unnecessary to try to trivialize the past performances/achievements of those guys as a defense of Hanyu.

Mura has struggled lately, but don't forget that he's won two GP events, won 4CC, and has made the GPF. Same goes for Murakami who is struggling but has in the past won NHK, and made the GPF. Tanaka earned a bronze at NHK last year, and while he isn't getting the PCS, he's had some solid skates.

giulia95

Medalist
A bit unnecessary to try to trivialize the past performances/achievements of those guys as a defense of Hanyu.

Mura has struggled lately, but don't forget that he's won two GP events, won 4CC, and has made the GPF. Same goes for Murakami who is struggling but has in the past won NHK, and made the GPF. Tanaka earned a bronze at NHK last year, and while he isn't getting the PCS, he's had some solid skates.

I didn’t trivialize anyone for sure. Do you think mura, keiji, tomono, daisuke have consistent chances to medal at Olys?

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Hmmmm i think that we should just let people who think that Hanyu doesn't deserve a spot, enjoy this moment.

TerpsichoreFS

Final Flight

I understand why you felt like Giulia trivialize the efforts of those guys. But can I ask you, for once, to not be too adversary, and nitpicky, in a hanyu thread? This is tough news. Please let us be worried and emotional for once. You can set us straight in all the other threads

giulia95

Medalist
I understand why you felt like Giulia trivialize the efforts of those guys. But can I ask you, for once, to not be too adversary, and nitpicky, in a hanyu thread? This is tough news. Please let us be worried and emotional for once. You can set us straight in all the other threads

I didn't trivialize anyone for sure. May you list spectacular performances heavily injured mura, keiji, tomono, daisuke produced?

May you share your source about the Canadian reports you mentioned?

Thanks.

TerpsichoreFS

Final Flight
I didn't trivialize anyone for sure. May you list spectacular performances heavily injured mura, keiji, tomono, daisuke produced?

May you share your source about the Canadian reports you mentioned?

Thanks.

I don't think you did. But I understand that for some people, who don't like hanyu, having his fans say these things can be grating. I just wanted to ask, nicely, if CSG could please leave us in peace for this one thread. He tends to be annoyed with Hanyu fans and it never ends well.

I don't have the links. I was just ironically referring to a post we both saw in the other thread, sorry.

giulia95

Medalist
I don't think you did. But I understand that for some people, who don't like hanyu, having his fans say these things can be grating. I just wanted to ask, nicely, if CSG could please leave us in peace for this one thread. He tends to be annoyed with Hanyu fans and it never ends well.

I don't have the links. I was just ironically referring to a post we both saw in the other thread, sorry.

Oh, don't worry :)
I know CSG doesn't love Hanyu fans that much !:laugh: