Tarasova and Morozov capture national title | Golden Skate

Tarasova and Morozov capture national title

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
2018 Russian Nationals Figure Skating Championships: Pairs

The 2018 Russian National Figure Skating Championships continued on Saturday with the Pairs and Ladies finals. Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov rose up from second place in the short program to win their first national title (223.34), while Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov slipped to second place (215.55). Natalia Zabiiako and Alexander Enbert won the bronze (207.51).
“Our victory today is a breath of fresh air after the ISU Grand Prix Final in Nagoya,” said Morozov. “Today, our performance was much better than in the short program. We only had one small mistake, which is good given the circumstances. To compete in two events in a row takes a lot of effort.”
“We are definitely unhappy with the performance,” said Klimov at the press conference. “We made mistakes. I am not sure what was the reason. Yes, we are somewhat tired after the ISU Grand Prix Final in Japan, but not too tired.”
“We made two major mistakes today,” acknowledged Zabiiako. “They were completely unexpected. The set up for the elements was good, but somehow they ended up in falls.”
More...

What are your thoughts on the pairs event?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
2018 Russian Nationals Figure Skating Championships: Pairs

The 2018 Russian National Figure Skating Championships continued on Saturday with the Pairs and Ladies finals. Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov rose up from second place in the short program to win their first national title (223.34), while Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov slipped to second place (215.55). Natalia Zabiiako and Alexander Enbert won the bronze (207.51).

More...

What are your thoughts on the pairs event?

Yaaay for T/M (I will continue to defend their FP to the masses polka-dots and all!:laugh:) I remember thinking they should have won last season, so I was happy to see they did this season, although poor Ksenia and Fedor, their FP did not go well...I think it's Fedor's tiny man-bun...something about it is...unsettling.

I also enjoyed seeing some of the pairs who competed in the Junior Grand Prix, like Apolloniiaria and Dmitry with their Alice FP, looking forward to seeing more of them!

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Yay! Happy for my bbs, but it still cracks me up the Candyman is the program that dug them out of second place :drama: