Realistic (but challenging) goals | Golden Skate

Realistic (but challenging) goals

Lisunique

Rinkside
Hi! I'm in need of some realistic but still difficult goals. I'm thirteen and 4 ft 10 and 78 lbs and am barely starting my axel because I'm a later starter. Ive been skating seriously for one year and skate around 4-5 days a week during october- March and last year skated 1-2 days a week during summer however I am going to skate more this year and possibly do some skate camps. I have a fast muscle twitch and am quite brave on the ice. Does anyone have any ideas for 6 months 1 year etc?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Get a consistent axel with clean technique five times out of ten. It's going to take a while to master even if you're brave on the ice and skate a lot.

Scout

Final Flight
Your coach would probably have a much better idea of what is realistic for you. I like to have a few very different goals and A LOT of smaller goals leading up to the bigger goals. Are your goals focused solely on jumps? Or would improving flexibility or taking a dance test or participating in a competition also count?

Lisunique

Rinkside
Improving flexibility isn't a huge priority because I am very flexible lol. I am testing prepre mitf and freeskate in a month and am doing a few competitions for prepre test track so those are already goals I came up with, so mostly skill wise goals.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it's definitely going to take awhile lol. Thank you!

vlaurend

Final Flight
How about spins? Do you have any difficult variations yet? Those are always fun goals! I'm a lot older than you, and less flexible, but am still trying to master one new spin variation each year. Two years ago I got IJS credit for my tuck sit spin (free leg behind variation), last year I got credit for my cannonball sit (free leg in front variation) and this year I learned the cross-foot upright spin so I'm hoping to get that consistent and get credit for it in competition.

Lisunique

Rinkside
How about spins? Do you have any difficult variations yet? Those are always fun goals! I'm a lot older than you, and less flexible, but am still trying to master one new spin variation each year. Two years ago I got IJS credit for my tuck sit spin (free leg behind variation), last year I got credit for my cannonball sit (free leg in front variation) and this year I learned the cross-foot upright spin so I'm hoping to get that consistent and get credit for it in competition.
Ohhhh that's a good idea as I love watching variations. My coach has me attempting cannonball and its not horrible considering I haven't worked on it too much.