Best skaters who never went to the Olympics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best skaters who never went to the Olympics

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I know that he is not one of the best, but i really liked him and i had great hopes, but....: Arthur Gachinski.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
For me personally... Alexandra Proklova. She also is to me the best skater to never make it to seniors. To me she had the potential to be... way up there. Russia's #2 after Medvedeva. And my favorite Russian skater to watch until Shcherbakova.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I'm gonna say Radionova too! Her highest score this season is 206, which would make her a lock in almost every other country (bar Japan and maybe the US). She also is a Worlds Bronze medalist and European+GPF Silver and Bronze medalist this quad.

ks777

Record Breaker
Ann Patrice McDonough(2002 World Jr champ), Beartrisa Liang, Katy Taylor(2006 4 continetnts champion) and Jenny Kirk(2000 World Jr champion and 2002 4 continents champ)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Anna Pogorilaya. I hope Wakaba, Marin and Mai will not be on the list.

She hasn't retired yet and will only be 23 by Beijing. I wouldn't write her off yet, who knows what will happen in 4 years.

sisy

Rinkside
She hasn't retired yet and will only be 23 by Beijing. I wouldn't write her off yet, who knows what will happen in 4 years.

I think she has very small chances to make the Olympic team in 2022 but 4 years ago I would have said the same about Sotskova (I was expecting a battle between Julia, Sima, Radi and Prokolova)

macy

Record Breaker
For me personally... Alexandra Proklova. She also is to me the best skater to never make it to seniors. To me she had the potential to be... way up there. Russia's #2 after Medvedeva. And my favorite Russian skater to watch until Shcherbakova.

wow she is FANTASTIC. her technique and speed are something else. I don't know how I've never watched her before! What happened to her??

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Angela Nikodinov had a top 5 finish at Worlds and never skated in the Olympics. If Karen Chen never makes an Olympic team, she'd probably also be one of the better skaters who hasn't. Looking at the list of Junior World Champions, several haven't competed in an Olympics; Yukina Ota, a talented Japanese skater, never even made a World team despite winning Junior Worlds (and 4CC).

musicfan80

Medalist
Ryan Bradley - Count me in as one who wished that he had went to Vancouver instead of Weir.

Alissa Czisny - Crazy that someone who won two U.S. National titles and a Grand Prix Final Champion never made an Olympic team.

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Insane considering where she was three years ago.

Joshua Farris - Damn injuries. :(

I'm somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned any of the superb ice dance teams that were before being able to go to the 1976 Olympics. In particular, Schwomeyer/Sladky (U.S.) and the Buck siblings (West Germany) won several world medals in the early 1970s.

Judy Schwomeyer & Jim Sladky 1970 World Figure Skating Championships FD
Judy Schwomeyer & Jim Sladky - 1971 World Figure Skating Championships FD
Angelika & Erich Buck - 1971 European Figure Skating Championships FD

BTW, I didn't realize that Jim Sladky just passed away. :( Rest in peace.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Angela Nikodinov had a top 5 finish at Worlds and never skated in the Olympics. If Karen Chen never makes an Olympic team, she'd probably also be one of the better skaters who hasn't. Looking at the list of Junior World Champions, several haven't competed in an Olympics; Yukina Ota, a talented Japanese skater, never even made a World team despite winning Junior Worlds (and 4CC).

I was just coming here to write Angela's name on this list. Didn't she get 4th in 2002? She was beautiful when she was on and I still love watching her 2001 Giovani SP. One of my favorites.

I'll also add Tonia Kwiatkowski........4th in 1998.....So close!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ryan Bradley, Renee Roca & Gorsha Sur (that whole mess was ugly), and Angelina Nikodinov all come to mind.

YagsFan

On the Ice
Ryan Bradley, Renee Roca & Gorsha Sur (that whole mess was ugly), and Angelina Nikodinov all come to mind.

Please remind me what happened with Roca and Sur? I didn't remember that they didn't get to the Olympics---they are always fixed in my mind with a whole group of great teams for that general era.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Ryan Bradley - Count me in as one who wished that he had went to Vancouver instead of Weir.

Alissa Czisny - Crazy that someone who won two U.S. National titles and a Grand Prix Final Champion never made an Olympic team.

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva - Insane considering where she was three years ago.

Joshua Farris - Damn injuries. :(

I'm somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned any of the superb ice dance teams that were before being able to go to the 1976 Olympics. In particular, Schwomeyer/Sladky (U.S.) and the Buck siblings (West Germany) won several world medals in the early 1970s.

Judy Schwomeyer & Jim Sladky 1970 World Figure Skating Championships FD
Judy Schwomeyer & Jim Sladky - 1971 World Figure Skating Championships FD
Angelika & Erich Buck - 1971 European Figure Skating Championships FD

BTW, I didn't realize that Jim Sladky just passed away. :( Rest in peace.

Had it not been for Alissa's hip issues and surgeries she may have made the ladies team in 2014. I guess we'll never know.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I was just coming here to write Angela's name on this list. Didn't she get 4th in 2002? She was beautiful when she was on and I still love watching her 2001 Giovani SP. One of my favorites.

I'll also add Tonia Kwiatkowski........4th in 1998.....So close!

Yep! Both missed the Olympics by one placement at Nationals.