Finlandia Trophy - Results | Golden Skate

Finlandia Trophy - Results

Not surprised with Suzanna. IMO, She will be top ten this Worlds. Alicia for me is just another Irina clone. good tricks though.
What happened to the US Lady? Is she yet another skater on the injured list?

Dambier still hanging around but congrats for this competition. Scott Smith has his work cut out for him. Who is this Marc-Andre Craig that Canada has been hiding?

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Who is this Marc-Andre Craig that Canada has been hiding?

Joe
According to his ISU biography (http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00004441.htm), he turns 22 later this month, skated in Junior or "minor" events from 1999-2001, placed 19th-11th at Canadian Sr. Nationals over the last three years, and won Nebelhorn this year.

His Nebelhorn SP score was 63.46, which compared to last year's SP scores, would have put him in the 4th-7th place range (Gao, Li Y., Ferrera, Savoie, in NHK; van der Perren, Shubin, Joubert in TL; Honda in SA; and Lambiel in CoR).

This year 3 combos are allowed in the LP. I can't find the details, so I'm not sure if his score can be compared directly or needs to be factored down by an extra 2T or 3T. A direct comparison shows that his LP score of 123.91 put him in the 5th-8th place range (van der Perren in GPF, Abt in NHK, and Jahnke in SC.)
His PE scores averaged 5.37 in the SP and 5.91 in the long.

He may be a latish bloomer like Ryan Jahnke.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Any competition where the outcome is the 3 very talented Finnish ladies sweeping the podium, is quite all right with me!! :) :) :)

Kitty

Rinkside
Congratulations to Frederic DAMBIER ! ! ! who finished 1st in the Men's competition !!! :agree: