Foreign Television Shows (non-US) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Foreign Television Shows (non-US)

DelRetiro

On the Ice
I loved "The Time In Between" too. I think I binged the whole series in just one weekend. So many reasons to love the series, but top of the list is Sira's journey from a helpless girl to a strong woman capable of overcoming all obstacles. One thing I also loved was the bit of a history lesson I picked up. I knew that Spain was pressured to enter WWII, but the series really fleshed out all the intricacies and complications of Spain's situation in the war. If it's still available on Netflix, "The Time In Between" is definitely worth a look.

Smile23

On the Ice
Netflix added the new Spanish series "Morocco: Love in Times of War" today. I just started episode one and I'm hooked already. This is going to be another good one.

Spain is quickly becoming the TV series mecca of the world with Grand Hotel, Velvet, The Time in Between, Merli, etc. Such quality shows.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Morocco

Netflix added the new Spanish series "Morocco: Love in Times of War" today. I just started episode one and I'm hooked already. This is going to be another good one.

Spain is quickly becoming the TV series mecca of the world with Grand Hotel, Velvet, The Time in Between, Merli, etc. Such quality shows.

I watched e1; love it! Doctors are muy guwapo ;)
Set in 1920s, The dresses are pretty and the costumes but Julia’s hair looks weird esp. when they show her close up while playing the piano for example. I hope we get more love stories, not blood scenes but it’s a war....

CokGuzel

Final Flight
I loved "The Time In Between" too. I think I binged the whole series in just one weekend. So many reasons to love the series, but top of the list is Sira's journey from a helpless girl to a strong woman capable of overcoming all obstacles. One thing I also loved was the bit of a history lesson I picked up. I knew that Spain was pressured to enter WWII, but the series really fleshed out all the intricacies and complications of Spain's situation in the war. If it's still available on Netflix, "The Time In Between" is definitely worth a look.

It’s still on Netflix, after watching it, I did a bit of reading on the events portrayed in the show as well as Morocco.

Smile23

On the Ice
Set in 1920s, The dresses are pretty and the costumes but Julia’s hair looks weird esp. when they show her close up while playing the piano for example. I hope we get more love stories, not blood scenes but it’s a war....

I finished episode 3 this morning and the love stories are starting to emerge. You'll see.

Smile23

On the Ice
Did you notice, The general is the actor who plays the store manager in Velvet.

Yeah, Ana's uncle.

I expect a cliffhanger ending because I think they're taping a Season 2. Luckily because it's considered a Netflix Original, the site will definitely carry it.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Morocco: ❤️ in times of War

I take back my earlier comment about Julia’s hair 😏. Watched E1 again, and just realized how beautiful the costumes are! In the beginning scene where the nurses are first introduced at a garden party, they’re wearing the most beautiful 1920’s dresses and hats. It reminds me so much of Downton Abbey. Even, the train scene was similar. This story about strong women leaving everything behind to provide care for wounded soldiers makes for a very riveting and very inspiring story.

Smile23

On the Ice
I finished episode 8 of Morocco last night and I'm loving the direction the show is going in. Lots of fun couples emerging.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
I finished episode 8 of Morocco last night and I'm loving the direction the show is going in. Lots of fun couples emerging.

Just finished the whole thing. Except for the blood and gore, this series is wonderful, the characters and their own individual stories unfolds and is is very riveting. Love the story of Julia and Fidel, of course. Thanks for mentioning this series in this forum.

Smile23

On the Ice
Just finished the whole thing. Except for the blood and gore, this series is wonderful, the characters and their own individual stories unfolds and is is very riveting. Love the story of Julia and Fidel, of course. Thanks for mentioning this series in this forum.

Wow, you just sped right past me. :laugh:

I'm midway thru episode 11 now. I should finish the series tonight.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Wow, you just sped right past me. :laugh:

I'm midway thru episode 11 now. I should finish the series tonight.

I’m not going to spoil it for you but I just love how Pilar gives Dr. Luis a slap every time he gets out of hand. They’re both funny when she does that. Julia and Dr. Fidel are great, trying to resist their attraction for each other, and trying to stay true to their fiancé/ fiancée, Such sweet Torture! Like Magdalena too....funny and sweet, with her secret wine bottle.

Smile23

On the Ice
I’m not going to spoil it for you but I just love how Pilar gives Dr. Luis a slap every time he gets out of hand. They’re both funny when she does that. Julia and Dr. Fidel are great, trying to resist their attraction for each other, and trying to stay true to their fiancé/ fiancée, Such sweet Torture! Like Magdalena too....funny and sweet, with her secret wine bottle.

I just finished it. I honestly can't tell if they'll be a season two. The writers kind of left it off as an ending, I guess just in case there is no season two. Really enjoyed the show. I guess it's a happy ending but being a realist, you realize that all the couples will face challenges going forward, especially Magdelena and Larbi.

I hope there's a season two because I really want to see more of Fidel and Julia. I felt like their love story had only just begun so it'd be nice to see them together a little longer. Clearly, the war was still going when the show the ended so they still have story to tell.

seyitfan

Rinkside
What to watch next? :scratch2:

Merhaba ladies..... I tend to lurk and very seldom participate on this forum, however, can I suggest a series for your next viewing: Olene Kadar, it's a Turkish series, had me riveted to my seat. Loved, loved, loved it. I found it initially on amara.org website, but they did not show the final episode with English subtitles so had to search for it and found it on youtube. It's 13 episodes, about 2 hours each so not quite as time consuming as Love and Punishment. Give it a try, I'd love to know how you feel about it.

CokGuzel

Final Flight
Merhaba ladies..... I tend to lurk and very seldom participate on this forum, however, can I suggest a series for your next viewing: Olene Kadar, it's a Turkish series, had me riveted to my seat. Loved, loved, loved it. I found it initially on amara.org website, but they did not show the final episode with English subtitles so had to search for it and found it on youtube. It's 13 episodes, about 2 hours each so not quite as time consuming as Love and Punishment. Give it a try, I'd love to know how you feel about it.

Thanks for the heads up...I'll check it out :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
So my best friend and I love watching mystery series on Netflix. Our favourites so far have been the Scandinavian and Icelandic ones.

We just finished 3 seasons of The Bridge (Sweden) and La Mante (France). We will probably start The Frozen Dead (also french) or we might go totally off book and watch Godless.
We cannot wait for season 4 of the Bridge.

My favourite of all so far has been Trapped (Iceland) and I am really hoping they do a second season.

Do any of you know the Russian police series that is on Netflixs. Is it any good. I would love to watch a Russian or Eastern European made mystery series but Netflix does not seem to have any.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Tagging on to my original post about Russian series.

Silver Spoon was also a police drama, but it was a little lighter in tone. While not exactly comedic, it wasn't nearly as dark as The Method.

Again, it was subtitled on Netflix. No dubbing.

AHAH..it was Silver Spoon that I was thinking of watching.

Smile23

On the Ice
So my best friend and I love watching mystery series on Netflix. Our favourites so far have been the Scandinavian and Icelandic ones.

We just finished 3 seasons of The Bridge (Sweden) and La Mante (France). We will probably start The Frozen Dead (also french) or we might go totally off book and watch Godless.
We cannot wait for season 4 of the Bridge.

My favourite of all so far has been Trapped (Iceland) and I am really hoping they do a second season.

Do any of you know the Russian police series that is on Netflixs. Is it any good. I would love to watch a Russian or Eastern European made mystery series but Netflix does not seem to have any.

I'm hearing very good things about Dark (German). It's definitely on my to-watch list.

As for shows that I've watched: I thought the Break (Belgian) was decent. Case (Iceland) was enjoyable.

If you're willing to get out of comfort zone a little, give the Korean show Solomon's Perjury a chance. It's excellent.

If you're looking for more a guilty pleasure, the Spanish murder mystery Mar de Plastico will do the trick.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it's stars Feride of Lovebird so it's definitely I'd want to check. I'll look for it.