2017 End-Of-Year Eisgala At Oberstdorf | Golden Skate

2017 End-Of-Year Eisgala At Oberstdorf

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, it has long been somewhat of an annual tradition that I start a thread about the Eisgala held at Oberstdorf at the end of the year. Unfortunately, it is not shown on Eurosport any more, so we probably won't get to see any of this year's. But I thought I should carry on the tradition anyway.

The 2017 gala is being held tonight (Saturday 30[SUP]th[/SUP] December) at 20:00 CET (19:00 GMT).

The headliners are the recently crowned Pairs Champions at the Senior Grand Prix Final, Aljona Savchenko / Bruno Massot (DEU).

They are being joined by:

• Kevin van der Perren (BEL)
  • Andrei Kutovoi (RUS)
  • Florent Amodio (FRA)
  • Nick Howard (ENG – winner of “The Voice of Germany” in 2012)
  • Power!Percussion (DEU – a percussion troupe. Not just drums)

That’s actually all the names that are mentioned in the write-up on the promoter’s website.

However, I saw a newspaper article about the sister gala held in Ingolstadt two weeks ago, and in the pictures were:

• Alisa Lozko (RUS)
  • Olga Pustovit (RUS)
  • Elena Leonova / Andrei Khvalko (RUS)
  • Vladimir Besedin / Oleksiy Polishchuk (RUS)
  • Julian Zhi Jie Yee (MAS)

Whether any of them are at Oberstdorf or not is another matter. But, I would expect that at least some of them will be.

Does anybody know if the Oberstdorf gala is going to be televised anywhere? I know it’s not on Eurosport, but could it be on one of the German channels? (Is Daniel Weiss still commentating? If he is, he might have got the station he works for to show it).

Not that I will be able to watch it, though, since I haven't replaced the broken satellite receiver in the kitchen yet (waiting until January for the sales ;) :biggrin: ).

I should add that videos from the Ingolstadt gala usually appear on the promoter’s YouTube channel ( https://www.youtube.com/user/eisshow ) a few weeks into the new year.

But, since the Oberstdorf gala is the one we would have watched on TV over the years, it would be nice to able to watch it. For old time’s sake.

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Actually I was wondering about the Vaujany gala. I saw it mentioned on facebook a few times, I think it’s also this weekend, in France. Pretty sure that was aired on Eurosport at some point in the past, too, but nothing now, either. :-(
Seems a shame to be missing out on this stuff.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Will any of the German televisions broadcast it? I guess not, but I want to be sure.